Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

Elaine moment?

stellarchick86

[1]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 32

Sorry if this was already posted, but I didnt see it. I saw a George, Jerry and I think a Kraimer but not her. She may not have been as funny or crazy as the other 3 or 2 if you dont find Jerry either of those things, but she had her moments.

1- In the episode where she keeps getting back together with David Putty, I think it was The Voice, and she keeps having to give Jerry money that she bet not to do so, and she does things like sneak out of the movies with Jerry to go see him..haha

2- Her dance, in The Kicks...who could forget that with the legs and the thumbs?

3- In that episode where shes on the airplane and she sneaks up to first class and then comes back and screams HEY to the guy next to her that was sleeping.

4- In the episode where David Putty gets religious and she does "the devil horns" to him..haha classic.

5- In the episode where she does the cover of J Petterman all by herself and she calls up Jerry smoking a cigar.."I say its a peach!"

6- Where she throws george's tupee out the window, of course.

I couldnt really narrow it down to 5 so i just put whatever lol.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chaos_Zombie

[2]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 10
    You named a few of the best. One of my favorites is the Christmas Card one. hehe

stellarchick86

[3]Jan 3, 2008
    Oh yea..hehe. I also liked the one where shes trying to get that guy to go to the airport because shes annoyed with him and wants him to go home and shes like running around the apartment "you want a sweater? heres a brown sweater!" "but its yours!" "ITS BROWN!!!" hahaha

Chaos_Zombie

[4]Jan 4, 2008
    That's def one of my favorite episodes. I also just watched The Pen again and love the part when she's screaming 'Stella!'. She looks a bit likea beaver since onlyher top teeth are showing,haha. She's definitely got great parts and is a very funny character. I love how the show wouldn't be the same with just one of the four missing and that they are all important.

stellarchick86

[5]Jan 4, 2008
    That always cracks me up too (STELLLLLLA)..theres so many i forget them all.

neurononsense

[6]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 5
    One of my favorite Elaine moments is in the episode where she stops having sex to help her boyfriend on his Medical exams. I love the part when she's watching the tires spin. It's classic!

ceosmom

[7]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 20

"It looks like something a short, stocky, slow-witted, BALD MAN would wear". Classic!

Chaos_Zombie

[8]Jan 5, 2008

And though it's not in episodes themselves I love some of the outtakes. It's hilarious how when she gets going she can't stop laughing and you can see Jerry or the other actors/people involved start getting annoyed and know she can't stop for awhile.

chriseternal

[9]Jan 17, 2008
    My favorite Elaine moment would have to be her dance. Not only is her dance hilarious, the look of disgust on everyone's face when they watch her do it is even better.

whoaitsconner

[11]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 21

The Van Wick. (The Busboy, 2.3)

Also, Aunt Stella. "Stella! Stella!" (The Pen, 3.5)

stellarchick86

[12]Feb 3, 2008
    Ah, the Van Wick...another good one!

I also love when she goes to the rabbi to discuss how depressed/annoyed she is over George's engagement. "No rabbi no joy at all, the whole thing just makes me..SICK!" haha

yousifaltaha

[13]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    yea its weird how she is the least popular of the 4...im probably one of the few people but she is my favourite character next to kramer

sienster

[14]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    I think she's the least funny of the four, but still funny.

stellarchick86

[15]Feb 4, 2008
    I actually think of the 4 of them Jerry is the least funny and the most overrated. He definetly has his moments, the one with the shower head when he goes to Kramers and has that look on his face comes to mind, but he doesnt do much over the top comedy..like I cant see Jerry doing that Van Wick scene that Elaine did, or pretty much anything George did, and Kramer did a LOT of physical comedy too. Jerry just said things once in a while or would give a look or something but thats about it. 'The Voice' is the only one that comes to mind where he had a whole funny episode and it wasnt just a random funny joke and even that got old after a while, lol. IDK thats just my opinion though.

sienster

[16]Feb 5, 2008
    like I cant see Jerry doing that Van Wick scene that Elaine did - What about the one where Jerry takes the lie detector test about Melrose Place?

yousifaltaha

[17]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 7
    Jerry might be a good comedian but he is a bad actor IMO..his performance is soo pretentious,on the other hand elaine is much more believable

Chaos_Zombie

[18]Feb 5, 2008

I'm not sure if Jerry is the least funny of all them but I still got a whole lot of laughs out of what he did on that show. IMO none of the 4 were weak, just some were stronger than others. Kramer and George are definitely my favorites though, both superb actors.

sienster

[19]Feb 5, 2008
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:

I'm not sure if Jerry is the least funny of all them but I still got a whole lot of laughs out of what he did on that show. IMO none of the 4 were weak, just some were stronger than others. Kramer and George are definitely my favorites though, both superb actors.

I totally agree. And yes, Jerry is not that great of an actor, but he's still funny (and funnier than Elaine in my opinion).

stellarchick86

[20]Feb 6, 2008
    Hmmm..Okay...yes, I believe Jerry was a bad actor...and maybe what I should say is that Elaine is more funny with what she does, while Jerry is more funny with he says. I dont really know. I just like her more for some reason (and no not because shes a woman). And the lie detector thing was funny (i havent seen that episode in a while so it didnt come to me) but I found the VW thing funnier...I really dont know lol. I dont get the chance to watch much tv and when I do seinfeld isnt high on my list because Ive seen it so much so Ill have to compare the 2 more and get back to you lol.