Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

Puerto Rican Day Parade Eppy

CharmedGrl

[1]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 9

Has TBS or FOX ever actually aired this episode? It is the only one I haven't seen and they never seem to show it. Has anyone heard anything about either of these channels airing it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GankGaGankGank

[2]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 16
    CharmedGrl wrote:

Has TBS or FOX ever actually aired this episode? It is the only one I haven't seen and they never seem to show it. Has anyone heard anything about either of these channels airing it?

I've definitely seen it before, but not in a long time.

ammizny

[3]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 12
    CharmedGrl wrote:

I've heard that they show the burning of an American flag in this episode, so it cannot be shown on TV.

We'll have to wait for the DVD for this one.

CharmedGrl

[4]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 9
    ammizny wrote:
    I've heard that they show the burning of an American flag in this episode, so it cannot be shown on TV.

Oh, yeah I can see why they don't then. Thanks for letting me know. And thanks to both of u for responding so quickly.

Darth_Stewie

[5]Sep 4, 2006
    • level: 7
    ammizny wrote:
    CharmedGrl wrote:

Well, actually they didn´t burn an american flag, in the episode Kramer accidentaly burns a Puerto Rican flag and that I know of that offended the puerto rican community so the banned the episode. It´s a funny episode though, I just watched last week by the way, I´m on vacation in DR and they run every episode the way the were shown for the first time on their original broadcast.

ammizny

[6]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 12
    Darth_Stewie wrote:
    ammizny wrote:
    CharmedGrl wrote:

Well, actually they didn´t burn an american flag, in the episode Kramer accidentaly burns a Puerto Rican flag and that I know of that offended the puerto rican community so the banned the episode. It´s a funny episode though, I just watched last week by the way, I´m on vacation in DR and they run every episode the way the were shown for the first time on their original broadcast.

Yeah, I had it backwards. It was a Puerto Rican flag.

Seinfelder

[7]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 3
    They didn't air it for years, but didn't they start airing it again (rarely) on FOX in like 2002?

seinfeld111690

[8]Sep 6, 2006
    • level: 25
    They havent aired it a long time, I have the episode on my computer, off of a file sharing system, it really isnt that bad. I cant wait for the DVD to come out.

GankGaGankGank

[9]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 16
    In the show, the flag burning was an accident.  However, I think many Puerto Ricans were upset by the fact that the writing crew made the decision to burn their flag for the sake of the episode.

lovethatTAR

[10]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    I'm almost sure I've seen it on TBS.  Isn't that also the one where elaine is crawling under bleachers leading a pack of other people, or maybe I'm getting eps. mixed up...

RiIey

[11]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 2
    Nope that's the one. It's sooo funny.

sluggmunki_tx

[12]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 41
    Nope, haven't seen it in the longest time. It was only aired in syndication for a while then taken off. I also thought it was taken off not only it offended Puerto Ricans but also about 9/11. That's what I also heard.

kramer2006

[13]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 1
    I saw it here on a local ABC affiliate a few months ago, so I know it is still shown. I have looked at the TBS schedule many times and have to yet scene that episode listed. It is up the the station if they want to play it or not. I don't think it was just the burning of the flag that made people made. I think it was also that he stomped on it.

joe_bigZ_38

[14]Nov 13, 2006
    i havent seen it on TV in forever

joe_bigZ_38

[15]Nov 13, 2006
    yea, the flag thing was probly wat did it.

jord15

[16]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 21
    I've seen the episode three, four times but I haven't seen it in a very long while. I'd say about a year. But the main reason why it got banned was because of the flag burning scene.

sluggmunki_tx

[17]Nov 14, 2006
    kramer2006 wrote:
    I saw it here on a local ABC affiliate a few months ago, so I know it is still shown. I have looked at the TBS schedule many times and have to yet scene that episode listed. It is up the the station if they want to play it or not. I don't think it was just the burning of the flag that made people made. I think it was also that he stomped on it.

You saw it a few months ago?

kramer2006

[18]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 1
    Yes, here it comes on 7 days a week, and has been shown pretty much in order. We are in season 4 so it will be a long time until it cycles around again. I guess I should of recorded it and upload it to prove it is still shown.

RedMarty

[19]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 3
    I live in England and we've got the Paramount Comedy 1 and 2 channels which air all the American comedy. Seinfeld is on twice a day and they showed the Parade episode today, very funny, especially when Jerry's Saab ends up down a flight of stairs.

The flag thing is a very good joke, Kramer is sat beside the Saab with the roof down and he tosses his sparkler away which hits the flag and he tries to put out the fire then the Puerto Rican's chase him all over the city.

sluggmunki_tx

[20]Nov 16, 2006
    kramer2006 wrote:
    Yes, here it comes on 7 days a week, and has been shown pretty much in order. We are in season 4 so it will be a long time until it cycles around again. I guess I should of recorded it and upload it to prove it is still shown.

I'll take a look. I think the second run of the day is on season 8. (it's airs on the My Network TV affiliate where I live)