Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

Rank the seasons

TonyAlmeida38

[1]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 1

Which season did you enjoy the most? Which did you enjoy the least? Rank the Seinfeld seasons from favorite to least favorite.

Here is mine:

season 5

season 4

season 3

season 6

season 7

season 2

season 8

season 9

season 1

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ChipsTheButler

[2]Jun 25, 2011
    • level: 9
    The seasons aren't rank! They're quite good!

drudager

[3]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 13
    ChipsTheButler wrote:
    The seasons aren't rank! They're quite good!

Some seasons are way better than others. One was dedicated to the Jerry pilot. The last one was by far the strangest & least satisfying.

seinfeld111690

[4]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 25

I've always had a difficult time ranking the seasons, but I'll give it another shot...

1. Season 5

2. Season 4

3. Season 6

4. Season 7

5. Season 3

6. Season 9

7. Season 2

8. Season 8

9. Season 1

Of course, this order will change again like it always does.

Edited on 12/14/2011 10:04pm

Newman

[5]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 1
    Season 4

Season 5

Season 7

Season 9

Season 6

Season 3

Season 8

Season 2

Season 1

whoaitsconner

[6]Feb 5, 2012
    • level: 21

Other than season 1 and 2, they're all right around the same... but I'll try:

Season 6 - This is probably the most consistent season. I don't think there was one episode that wasn't enjoyable. The problems that the characters ran into this season were the most creative, and the characters were fully developed.

Season 5 - This season was also very developed, and most episodes were enjoyable. I don't know why season 6 has the edge over season 5 in my mind, but it just does. Season 5 does have more "classics," but there were a few more dull episodes.

Season 9 - After the zany 8th season, you'd think they ran out of any so-called "normal Seinfeld ideas." I thought season 9 was pretty good at producing classic Seinfeld episodes. The season didn't have any "burn-out" ideas that showed that the writers were loosing creativity. In fact, some of the most ingenious episodes were created, such as "The Revenge" and "The Frogger."

Season 3 - Many take this season for granted. This is THE season that really instilled "Seinfeld" in Seinfeld. The type of humor that Seinfeld would run with was created in this season. Season 1 and 2 tried to be too complicated in their issues, but season 3 was a great change. There were a few dull episodes ("The Dog" comes to mind), but, otherwise, this had some great early classics.

Season 4 - Yeah, I know this was the break-out season, but there were a lot of holes in this season. (Never been a fan of "The Opera" or "The Old Man"). For every classic in this season, there was a dull one to follow. But, nevertheless, there were some great episodes, and the season-arch of the pilot was grand.

Season 8 - Even though I just stated how this season was a little too zany at times, there were still some really enjoyable episodes. This was the "experimental" season to see how far Seinfeld could go as far as craziness was concerned. There weren't any flat-out bad episodes, but there were a lot more average episodes. But, like every other season, there are still classics.

Season 7 - This season had some dull episodes, and even the best of this season was not that great. I don't know why, I just felt that this season, at times, was too dull. The season arch with Susan was pretty funny, but it just didn't hold up.

Season 2 - There's quite a long break between season 7 and season 2. Season 2 did have some good episodes. They were watchable, at least. Which brings me to...

Season 1 - Very long break between 2 and 1. Season 1 was just bad. I found very little humor.

Edited on 02/05/2012 11:07am

Darth_Stewie

[7]Mar 28, 2014
    • level: 7

This is hard for me since I can't put one in the last place, but I must say my favorite seasons are the first 4, I love the early tone and style the show had in its original form