Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

Seinfeld Finale Voted 'Worst' - Comcast

kravitzfan12

[1]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 34
    Comcast has compiled a list of the best and worst TV finales, and Seinfeld came in as one of the top worst.

Here is the link to the first page (coincidentially Seinfeld's):

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/tv-bestandworstfinales/

What are your thoughts on the finale?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alexchilton123

[2]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 3

It was poor no doubt but not the worst ever finale most disappointing it certainly was a HUGE let down i remember just being in disbelief with the episode it was like a piss take i thought it was a joke.

I always thought the worst finale was the last episode of the King Of Queens that was a brutally bad finale.

kravitzfan12

[3]Nov 18, 2008
    alexchilton123 wrote:

It was poor no doubt but not the worst ever finale most disappointing it certainly was a HUGE let down i remember just being in disbelief with the episode it was like a piss take i thought it was a joke.

I always thought the worst finale was the last episode of the King Of Queens that was a brutally bad finale.

I agree that the finale of the King of Queens was not great, although I don't think it was the worst finale ever.

I like finales that don't change character's lives much, like the Everybody Loves Raymond finale. Something happens that has a nice emotion to it and then sends the show off just like they came in.

As for the worst finale, I would have to vote Will and Grace. By far the biggest train-wreck to hit a sitcom in the last 20 years.

OnePerCentClub

[4]Nov 19, 2008
    • level: 35
    The finale wasn't what I expected. They should've come up with something more original and funnier.

kravitzfan12

[5]Nov 21, 2008
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    The finale wasn't what I expected. They should've come up with something more original and funnier.
    The finale wasn't what I expected either, but you can't say it wasn't original. I never thought they would have resurrected the Jerry pilot from Season 4 in the finale. Even when that happened, I never thought the series would end with them going to jail.

I personally loved the finale. I though it was funny. It was a great way to see all of the people from the shows past without using only flash-backs like some series do. I agree that it isn't the funniest episode of Seinfeld, but I think Larry David did a great job with it.

pashotshot

[6]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 15
    I think I know why. The cast ends up having to go to court, and later on jail for doing something wrong. I don't care for the finale. In fact, the only thing that was good in my opinion is the comedy Seinfeld does in the nightclub, and in jail.

cosmokramer14

[7]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 2
    I like the finale.

PLAYMOARNOTEZ

[8]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 1
    Every seinfeld Episode ever made is great. No exceptions and the finale is great. It is what the title implies a Final Episode as in there can be more because they are in jail well maybe they could have made an episode a year later but I thought it was great it had a very FINAL feeling.

TomBosley11

[9]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    Horrible granted it was not that good at least it was funny. In "the Soprano's" it just cut off in mid-sentence. How can that possibly be better?

TV123456

[11]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 54
    I was disappointed with the finale, but I think it was a creative way for the writers to bring back all of the characters that appeared on the show over the years. Having the four end up in jail, though, was definitely a letdown.

stellarchick86

[12]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 32
    kravitzfan12 wrote:
    The finale wasn't what I expected either, but you can't say it wasn't original. I never thought they would have resurrected the Jerry pilot from Season 4 in the finale. Even when that happened, I never thought the series would end with them going to jail.I personally loved the finale. I though it was funny. It was a great way to see all of the people from the shows past without using only flash-backs like some series do. I agree that it isn't the funniest episode of Seinfeld, but I think Larry David did a great job with it

I totally agree with everything you said. Ive seen way worse and I didnt think it was necessarily bad. And I liked bringing people in without flashbacks as well. it was just different and unexpected is all, but thats good. But it makes sense in a way because it gave a finished feeling to it instead of Jerry just sitting there in his apartment or some other lame ending to the show ya know. And it makes you wonder at the end too, do they get out the next day? 10 years? (IDK I havent seen it in a long time so I forget what the jail sentence was but ya know). But yeah like I said Ive seen plenty of way worse or just ok finales so I prefer this one to them.

TV-Tome-Vits

[13]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 56
    How can you guys say that?!I admit it wasn't the funniest episode,it was very creative.And do you know how hard it was to bring back all those people?

Mindcrime07

[14]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    It was bad, but not the worst. When the Simpsons finally end, that'll probably be the worst finale ever.

forbiddenimage

[15]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 4
    I liked the finale

thegamer516

[16]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    The finale was amazing simply because it epitomized Seinfeld. It truly is the show about nothing. Despite all that occurred in the 9 seasons, what do they talk about in the final scene? The exact same thing they talked about in the Pilot: buttons. That is why it is perfect.

pashotshot

[17]Jan 8, 2009
    • level: 15
    Great point!

mp34mp

[18]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    From my perspective, I found the finale felt more like a bloated clip show, a one-joke premise done over and over and over. It wasn't particularly funny, tho it was nice seeing the Soup Nazi again. A finale of Karma, 4 people who have screwed people over the years, either intentionally or unintentinally, get to see them get sentenced to a year in jail by some law nobody's ever heard of. I can understand this being a really good concept, it was just poorly executed. I almost would rather it have ended just like any other episode, like at the end of that one episode where they showed Jerry moving in to his apt & meeting "Kessler" for the first time. Tho I suppose since the show got so big, fans would demand a real finale. But I was disappointed with it back in the day. Pretty still today.

BMac39

[19]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    I thought it was great . Them going to jail fit in perfectly with the self-absorbed characters and how they were always indifferent to everyone else around them through the entire series and it finally caught up with them . I thought it was the perfect ending .

chandler_fan77

[20]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 1

I didn't like the ending at all.

It seemed rushed and quickly put together.