Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

Seinfeld or Friends?

Seinfeld or Friends?

greysanatomy12

[1]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 16

I don't know if this topic has already been discussed but i didn't find it in the forums so i thought i'd do it.I have also posted this topic on the Friends page so you can vote there too.I'm not sure if this is allowed but i'll take my chances.

So,i've heard a lot of people compare these two sitcoms and the responses vary.i want to know what you think about the subject.I have seen every episode of both shows and i am a huge fan of both Friends and Seinfeld.I know Seinfeld started first and Friends followed and that Seinfeld is considered the original sitcom about a bunch of friends inNewYorkbut i really love Friends too.Ithink the shows are very different from each other but i would like to hear what everybody thinks.So start voting!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AlexEdwards1

[2]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 8
    I Like them Both very much but I like Friends a little bit better, yet Seinfeld was a great show as well!

Newmanilum

[3]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 1
    As much as I like Seinfeld I agree with Alex I like Friends a little bit better.

jusSiLeNtWaLkEr

[4]Aug 4, 2010
    • level: 3

This question is quite interesting.
    I love both series, usually until I fall asleep I watch an episode of one of those series.
    For me, as are (after all) very different shows, my preference varies from occasion to occasion.

EPRband

[5]Aug 17, 2010
    I can't believe friends is winning!

AxStarr

[6]Sep 9, 2010
    • level: 15
    I like Seinfeld more. A lot more actually

BundyX75

[7]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 6

Seinfeld easily. Friends is a great show though, but unlike with Seinfeld, I don't like most of the characters. I've never been fond of Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow) or Rachel (Jennifer Anniston), I always thought they, and Joey (Matt LeBlanc), were the weak links. Although, Joey only because he gets worse as the series progresses, as do most of the characters. Not to mention, I don't care that much about Rachel and Ross. Chandler and Monica were easily my favorite couple on the show, considering both are my two favorite characters. Anyways, Rachel and Ross's relationship was great at first, the episode with that prom tape where Ross was going to take Rachel but then that guy came, is one of my favorite moments on the show. However they dragged it out for ten years and after awhile I just stopped caring. The whole "Would they or wouldn't they" isn't entertaining to me when it's that long. Seinfeld never had that problem.

TonyAlmeida38

[8]Sep 20, 2010

I like both, but nothing touches Seinfeld in my opinion.

AxStarr

[9]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 15
    BundyX75 wrote:

Seinfeld easily. Friends is a great show though, but unlike with Seinfeld, I don't like most of the characters. I've never been fond of Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow) or Rachel (Jennifer Anniston), I always thought they, and Joey (Matt LeBlanc), were the weak links. Although, Joey only because he gets worse as the series progresses, as do most of the characters. Not to mention, I don't care that much about Rachel and Ross. Chandler and Monica were easily my favorite couple on the show, considering both are my two favorite characters. Anyways, Rachel and Ross's relationship was great at first, the episode with that prom tape where Ross was going to take Rachel but then that guy came, is one of my favorite moments on the show. However they dragged it out for ten years and after awhile I just stopped caring. The whole "Would they or wouldn't they" isn't entertaining to me when it's that long. Seinfeld never had that problem.

You, sir, have spoken my language

Chaos_Zombie

[10]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 10

Easily Seinfeld, I always hated Friends with a passion.

ChipsTheButler

[11]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 9
    Batman

myzucchinni

[12]Oct 9, 2011

1. Seinfeld RULES!!!!!

2. Friends is ok but sometimes it's just not funny - the script gets a bit boring and predictable.

In my opinion Seinfeld is much more "life like" and true - and of course unpredictable, a great example of this is Kramer and his antics, there are lots of scenes where Michael Richards has added his own bit/twist into the script/dialogue completely onimpulseand it's hilarious, you even see Jerry, Elaine and George all at once in the same scene with true expressions of OMFG did he just do that and it fits in perfectly to the show and it's plot.

P.S - I LOVE SEINFELD AND ELAINE IS HOTY!!!!!

myzucchinni

[13]Oct 9, 2011

AxStarr wrote:
    BundyX75 wrote:

You, sir, have spoken my language

DITTO!

ChipsTheButler

[14]Oct 13, 2011
    Is that language English? I speak it too!

drudager

[15]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 13
    lol WOW. Seinfeld vs Friends?? I know Friends debuted behind Seinfeld back in the day and was a top 5 show, but Friends is by far the worst highly successful sitcom ever made; it's not even close. Friends never even had close to the wit, situations, jokes, nastiness, subtly or ingenuity. Friends was just 3 women getting their crazy on & whipping their men around in their petty dumb worlds. Plus throw in a bunch of romance & nauseating inevitable Ross/Rachael plot that the whole series was based on, and you get some cutesy & ghastly waste of time sitcom. I think Ross may be one of the worse and non-masculine characters of all-time.

bennett10

[16]Feb 7, 2012
    • level: 4

Seinfeld all the way. I like Friends, but it's no where near Seinfeld in my opinion.

ChipsTheButler

[17]Feb 10, 2012
    You guys should spell the show with the appropriate asterisks. F*r*i*e*n*d*s.

drudager

[18]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 13
    ChipsTheButler wrote:
    You guys should spell the show with the appropriate asterisks. F*r*i*e*n*d*s.

If the asterisks are code for a different full cuss word, then yes.

ChipsTheButler

[19]Mar 18, 2012
    Dinosaurs and that gravy left in the pan after taking the roast out.