Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

Seinfeld Spinoffs

derekjwhitehead

[1]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    This idea is Aangs, not mine. Make your own Seinfeld Spinoffs here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

derekjwhitehead

[2]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    Come up with the plot and episodes!

peas_and_corn

[3]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 4
    How about a series based around Joey, trying to make it as a poor actor?

hawksie

[4]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 9
    peas_and_corn wrote:
    How about a series based around Joey, trying to make it as a poor actor?

Is that a joke? :S

I've always thought Elaine would be good for a spin-off. Her or George. They're the funniest next to Kramer, but Kramer would get old really quick.

hams_mac

[5]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 5
    The Soup Nazi. Having been put out of business by Elaine revealing his soup recipes, he moves to some small hick town in Kansas where nobody has heard of lobster bisque and starts a new restaurant with even more demanding standards of procedure. Until he meets a blue-eyed country girl who warms his cold, foreign ideals-filled heart. But what's this? She's a Christian! That's right, Soup Nazi. "No sex for you!"
    Edited on 07/08/2008 3:45pm

DMoore159

[6]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 5

hams_mac wrote:
    The Soup Nazi. Having been put out of business by Elaine revealing his soup recipes, he moves to some small hick town in Kansas where nobody has heard of lobster bisque and starts a new restaurant with even more demanding standards of procedure. Until he meets a blue-eyed country girl who warms his cold, foreign ideals-filled heart. But what's this? She's a Christian! That's right, Soup Nazi. "No sex for you!"

I would watch that!!

hawksie

[7]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    hams_mac wrote:

LOL. The Soup Nazi isn't a strong enough character to hold a series though. I'm thinking maybe a mini-series containing 5 or so episodes would be amazing, if they were to pursue such an idea.

pashotshot

[8]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 15
    If I'd make a Seinfeld spin-off, I would do the Seinfeld Comedy Show, which is simply Jerry in the nightclub doing comedy stuff. It may be boring, but for you who like to hear his stand-up comedy (like me), this show is for you.

iluvotrs

[9]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 2

pashotshot wrote:
    If I'd make a Seinfeld spin-off, I would do the Seinfeld Comedy Show, which is simply Jerry in the nightclub doing comedy stuff. It may be boring, but for you who like to hear his stand-up comedy (like me), this show is for you.
    That's a great idea!I could watch Jerry do stand-up for hours! I suppose if you really wanted to do that, just add all his stand-up routines on youtube to your favorites and watch them all in a row. As for others as spin-offs.... I think George or Elaine would make good spin-offs. The Soup Nazi idea sounds funny, but I don't think it would last very long. In all honesty, I'm glad they didn't do a spin-off. It was sad when Seinfeld ended, but it ended on a high-note. I think it would have ruined the series if a spin-off hadn't done well. I don't know that many people would have wanted to watch a Seinfeld spin-off without all four of them. However, Fraiser is a spin off of Cheers and it did rather well. But then again, Frasier Crane had a radio show so there was a ton of stuff they could do with that material.

SO... that being said.... If I was going to do a George Costanza sitcom I would title it "George".

"George" Focuses on our own George Costanza. It is now a year later and he has been released from jail having served a year-long term for violating the Good Smaratian Law. He, Jerry, Elaine and Kramer got so sick of each other that they decided to part ways.

Jerry was elated when he found out that the apartment that he lost in the Season 1 episode "The Apartment" has become available once again, so he jumped at the chance to become the new tennant. Miracle of all miracles, he met a woman who would put up with him and they got married; at Monk's diner where they met.

George immediately moved to a different apartment. The bad part is that he needed financial help from his parents after paying his legal fees. He wasn't about to ask Jerry for the money. In return for their generosity, he reluctantly moved to an apartment on the same street where his parents live. To this day, he has trouble meeting women because really, how can you meet any women when your parents are always around!?

Kramer still lives in the same apartment-the one that was across the hall from Jerry. He is finding life difficult though; as his new neighbor isn't very friendly. Kramer has several bumps and bruises from where he keeps forgetting that Jerry's former front door is not "always open".

Elaine married David Puddy, after he finally convinced her that he was "sponge-worthy". They live in a house near Central Park. However, they never send out Christmas cards with family photos.

I got carried away with that one, didn't I?

Edited on 07/11/2008 12:00am

pashotshot

[10]Jul 11, 2008
    No, you did great! Thanks for your comment on my spin-off. I could see him do comedy for hours, myself.

pashotshot

[11]Jul 11, 2008
    By the way, there are already Youtube clips on Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up comedy that he did in the '80's, and early '90's on Late Night with David Letterman.

count-chocula

[12]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 47
    I know this is completely imaginary but how could they have made a spin off, when the series ended with them all in jail?

pashotshot

[13]Jul 11, 2008
    Good question. I think they could start the spin-off in jail for the first season, then they get released in the second season.

iluvotrs

[14]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 2

pashotshot wrote:
    Good question. I think they could start the spin-off in jail for the first season, then they get released in the second season.

That's a good idea. That might be kind of funny, actually. I remember ROFL when Jerry was doing stand-up in that orange jumpsuit in the cafeteria at the end of the finale. Kramer killed me with that laugh of his! I don't know that I'd want the whole first season to be just them in jail. They might run out of ideas quick.

Andrea

count-chocula

[15]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 47
    iluvotrs wrote:

pashotshot wrote:

That's a good idea. That might be kind of funny, actually. I remember ROFL when Jerry was doing stand-up in that orange jumpsuit in the cafeteria at the end of the finale. Kramer killed me with that laugh of his! I don't know that I'd want the whole first season to be just them in jail. They might run out of ideas quick.

Andrea

Could easily turn into a My Name Is Earl season 3 For the first few episode prehaps, then maybe Kramer could break off on his own. Move back to LA maybe?

How about a Newman spin off?

Edited on 07/12/2008 7:19am

pashotshot

[16]Jul 12, 2008
    iluvotrs wrote:

pashotshot wrote:

Andrea

The thing is, they spend one year in prison, so I had to think of that.

CaptainHarkness

[17]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 23
    What about a show with Newman as the main character? or Jackie Chiles?

pashotshot

[18]Jul 16, 2008
    Oh, the agony. Just kidding. That would be a pretty good spin-off.

S-Shield

[19]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 21

The Seinfeld Variety Hour.

Starts and ends with Jerry doing stand-up.

Recurring Shorts feature: Newman on his Postal Route, Jackie Chiles and his Crazy Clients, Puddy the Used Car Salesman, The Adventures of Uncle Leo and Nanna.

Each weekly episode would feature one segment starring one of the four main characters doing their thing in rotation. But the four would never interact with each other or be seen on-screen at the same time, except for Christmas specials. So there'd be an Elaine episode, a Kramer episode, a George episode, etc.

Also, cartoon Superman would be a guest-host on occasion.

pashotshot

[20]Jul 17, 2008
    Good spin-off.