Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

Seinfeld Spinoffs

pashotshot

[21]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 15
    pashotshot wrote:
    If I'd make a Seinfeld spin-off, I would do the Seinfeld Comedy Show, which is simply Jerry in the nightclub doing comedy stuff. It may be boring, but for you who like to hear his stand-up comedy (like me), this show is for you.

Here's my set-up for this spin-off I came up with last summer. The scene will be in the nightclub (a no-brainer, right), with Jerry Seinfeld as the star. Water will be provided in a cup, sitting on a stool on the stage just in case his "whistle dries up" (no pun intended) (Plus, I saw it in the extra stand-up footage with Seinfeld, and figured even a comedian like him needs that water). The intro will be when the announcer introduces Jerry Seinfeld, and he comes in, microphone provided on a mic stand for him. The outro will be photoshots of Jerry doing comedy in the nightclub (like it occasionally happened in Seinfeld; However, what leads to it is Jerry saying his usual "Thank you very much" before he exits the nightclub, and the audience is applauding Jerry). George, Elaine, and Kramer are part of the audience, and yes, Kramer's going to have that laugh, so you'll laugh a whole lot more easier now that I told you that.

That's how the setting for the made-up spin-off I came up with. What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

smeagollum1

[22]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 4
    S-Shield wrote:

The Seinfeld Variety Hour.

Starts and ends with Jerry doing stand-up.

Recurring Shorts feature: Newman on his Postal Route, Jackie Chiles and his Crazy Clients, Puddy the Used Car Salesman, The Adventures of Uncle Leo and Nanna.

I love that idea!! especiallyThe Adventures of Uncle Leo and Nanna! hey good thinking

pashotshot

[23]May 8, 2012
    I think that would make a very productive spin-off, too.

drudager

[24]May 23, 2012
    • level: 13
    hawksie wrote:
    hams_mac wrote:
    The Soup Nazi. Having been put out of business by Elaine revealing his soup recipes, he moves to some small hick town in Kansas where nobody has heard of lobster bisque and starts a new restaurant with even more demanding standards of procedure. Until he meets a blue-eyed country girl who warms his cold, foreign ideals-filled heart. But what's this? She's a Christian! That's right, Soup Nazi. "No sex for you!"

LOL. The Soup Nazi isn't a strong enough character to hold a series though.

Agreed. Yev Kasem has no depth other than being a short-tempered chef. He would have to change dramatically.

drudager

[25]May 23, 2012
    smeagollum1 wrote:
    S-Shield wrote:

The Seinfeld Variety Hour.

Starts and ends with Jerry doing stand-up.

Recurring Shorts feature: Newman on his Postal Route, Jackie Chiles and his Crazy Clients, Puddy the Used Car Salesman, The Adventures of Uncle Leo and Nanna.

I love that idea!! especiallyThe Adventures of Uncle Leo and Nanna! hey good thinking

I know these ideas were for the late 1990s / early 2000s. Len Lesser passed away in February of 2011.

drudager

[26]May 23, 2012
    pashotshot wrote:
    pashotshot wrote:
    If I'd make a Seinfeld spin-off, I would do the Seinfeld Comedy Show, which is simply Jerry in the nightclub doing comedy stuff. It may be boring, but for you who like to hear his stand-up comedy (like me), this show is for you.

Here's my set-up for this spin-off I came up with last summer. The scene will be in the nightclub (a no-brainer, right), with Jerry Seinfeld as the star. Water will be provided in a cup, sitting on a stool on the stage just in case his "whistle dries up" (no pun intended) (Plus, I saw it in the extra stand-up footage with Seinfeld, and figured even a comedian like him needs that water). The intro will be when the announcer introduces Jerry Seinfeld, and he comes in, microphone provided on a mic stand for him. The outro will be photoshots of Jerry doing comedy in the nightclub (like it occasionally happened in Seinfeld; However, what leads to it is Jerry saying his usual "Thank you very much" before he exits the nightclub, and the audience is applauding Jerry). George, Elaine, and Kramer are part of the audience, and yes, Kramer's going to have that laugh, so you'll laugh a whole lot more easier now that I told you that.

That's how the setting for the made-up spin-off I came up with. What do you think?

So your spin-off is Jerry doing stand-up the whole time? That's not exactly different from how the original show was and would be tiresome show after show.

ChipsTheButler

[27]May 24, 2012
    • level: 9

They should reanimate his corpse for the show. Seasom one will be a reality show based on the process.

pashotshot

[28]Oct 14, 2013
    drudager wrote:
    pashotshot wrote:
    pashotshot wrote:

Here's my set-up for this spin-off I came up with last summer. The scene will be in the nightclub with Jerry Seinfeld as the star. Water will be provided in a cup, sitting on a stool on the stage just in case his "whistle dries up" (no pun intended) (Plus, I saw it in the extra stand-up footage with Seinfeld, and figured even a comedian like him needs that water). The intro will be when the announcer introduces Jerry Seinfeld, and he comes in, microphone provided on a mic stand for him. The closing will be photo shots of Jerry doing comedy in the nightclub (like it occasionally happened in Seinfeld; However, what leads to it is Jerry saying his usual "Thank you very much" before he exits the nightclub, and the audience is applauding Jerry). George, Elaine, and Kramer are part of the audience, and yes, Kramer's going to have that laugh, so you'll laugh a whole lot more easier now that I told you that.

So your spin-off is Jerry doing stand-up the whole time? That's not exactly different from how the original show was and would be tiresome show after show.

I released this idea years ago. What I could do to spice it up is to have him do specials at different venues all over the country, like when they are one hour specials or TV movies or what have you.

Now that I think about it, it would be quite tiresome, but I love hearing his comedy, which was the thing I loved the most about the show anyways.