Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

The Backwards Episode -- Season 9

that70sshow2000

[1]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 15
    This episode is really funny and it goes backwards. But I got to thinking--do you think the episode would have been just as funny, or funnier, if it played like a regular episode and went forward?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sienster

[2]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    I think it would still have been funny. One part that was kinda funny backwards was Kramer with the big lollipop.

kramer2006

[3]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 1
    If you buy the season 9 dvd, one of the special features will let you watch "the betrayal"(backwards episode)forward. Personally I like the episode the way it was first shown on tv.

whoaitsconner

[4]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 21
    In my opinion, its nowhere as near funny played frontwards then backwards.

naomi_wildman

[5]Dec 31, 2007
    Hard to say. I think that if the episode had been done forwards it would have been totally different (i.e. no lolipop and probably not even a wedding in india). I thought the schnaps storyline was completely ridiculous and out of character for everyone. And the scenes were too short, you didn't even get a chance to laugh before you were being thrown further back int ime.

Chaos_Zombie

[6]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 10
    I dunno, that was a gimmick episode of sorts and it just wouldn't seem right going forward. When I get Season 9 on DVD I may watch it forwards once to see how it goes but certain things like the lollipop getting bigger just wouldn't be as funny normally.

SVU_number_1fan

[7]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 17
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    This episode is really funny and it goes backwards. But I got to thinking--do you think the episode would have been just as funny, or funnier, if it played like a regular episode and went forward?
    haha i love dat eppy it came on last nite and i have dvr sp i played it ff nad backwards so funny i loved it lol U CAN STUFF UR SORRYS IN A SACK LOL

vandalayinc

[8]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 3

SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    haha i love dat eppy it came on last nite and i have dvr sp i played it ff nad backwards so funny i loved it lol U CAN STUFF UR SORRYS IN A SACK LOL

.....what? GTFO with that kind of spelling

sienster

[9]Jan 11, 2008
    vandalayinc wrote:

SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

Dude, I know, every post is like that of his(hers). It's quite annoying, I agree.

SVU_number_1fan

[10]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 17
    sienster wrote:
    vandalayinc wrote:

SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

Dude, I know, every post is like that of his(hers). It's quite annoying, I agree.
    ok i am sry i do need spell check what i ment 2 say was haha i love that eppy it came on last nite and i have dvr so i played it fastfoward and watched it backwards so funny i loved it great eppy lol U CAN STUFF UR SORRYS IN A SACK MISTER LOL

drrdheroe

[11]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 13
    i watch it last night for the first time ever , such a weird episodes but still funny

luvthesein

[12]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 1
    That episode, like the finale, has grown on me the more that I have seen it. I do agree about the schnapps storyline, that was out of the blue! When I get Season 9, I'll have to watch it forwards, but I don't think it will be as funny.

revbucky

[13]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 22
    kramer2006 wrote:
    If you buy the season 9 dvd, one of the special features will let you watch "the betrayal"(backwards episode)forward. Personally I like the episode the way it was first shown on tv.

I agree. It's funny both ways, but the original is best.