Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

The Seinfeld Chronicles

Does anyone like the pilot episode of Seinfeld?

pashotshot

[1]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 15
    Does anyone like the Seinfeld Chronicles, the pilot episode of Seinfeld (other than me)?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 32

It was alright I guess..kind of boring. There was no Elaine, Kramer didnt have much of a storyline (actually, is this the one where Kramer puts the cement in the washing machine? If so, thats my fave storyline) and Jerrys' storyline isnt that great.

I think the only part that was better than average was when Jerry and George are at Monks and the waitress tells them she gave George caffeinted coffee and George flips out. Other than that..eh.

Edited on 09/12/2008 11:55pm

pashotshot

[3]Sep 13, 2008
    This is the one where Kramer was called Kressler back then. It wasn't that cement on washing machine episode. I don't get why people say it isn't funny. The language was cleaner than most of the episodes of Seinfeld (maybe that's it, but I'm not sure).

stellarchick86

[4]Sep 13, 2008
    It was just boring..there wasnt much going on, and the actors didnt have as great of chemistry as later on. Maybe youre just easy to please, IDK. I knew Kramer was Kessler but I figured hed have at least SOME storyline (hence why I thought it was the washing machine thing).

pashotshot

[5]Sep 14, 2008
    I really am easy to please. I enjoy Seinfeld in the nightclub telling jokes half the episode. I liked it when Kressler talked about the Mets. Jerry's friend is very pretty (if you ask me). It was funny when George talked about signals, and how a friend's greeting signifies how she's going to handle Jerry.

kravitzfan12

[6]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 34

pashotshot wrote:
    I really am easy to please. I enjoy Seinfeld in the nightclub telling jokes half the episode. I liked it when Kressler talked about the Mets. Jerry's friend is very pretty (if you ask me). It was funny when George talked about signals, and how a friend's greeting signifies how she's going to handle Jerry.

I agree that the greeting was a great way to show the Seinfeld humor of the series. I also enjoyed the coffee house scene in the beginning. It was an interesting concept for a pilot. I'm just happy that some fans 'took' to it from the beginning and stayed for the ride!

stellarchick86

[7]Sep 14, 2008
    I actually hadnt seen the pilot first. I know some people did and thats great but my parents/brother were/are HUGE Seinfeld fans and I just randomly watched it one day with them and continued watching it. Now I watch it myself whether they are there or not. I have no idea what my first episode was but it was an episode later on. Maybe I dont care for it so much because I think its gets better evry season so when I saw the pilot I thought it was weak (I actually thought "they started off with THAT?" when I heard that was the pilot) because comparing it to the other seasons it is (I think anyway). I like the Seinfeld episodes that are very "out there" and wouldnt happen in real life like "The Frogger", "The Susie", etc and the pilot didnt really contain any of those things.

pashotshot

[8]Sep 15, 2008
    It's very natural for shows to start weak, and end strong. However, I enjoy the pilot episode. It doesn't use foul language like most of the other episodes did.

sienster

[9]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    "Foul language"? When did they use foul language? They were on network tv. Ok - I know on occasion they referred to things and maybe a few damns and asses, but what other foul language was in in most other episodes?

Chaos_Zombie

[10]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 10
    Yeah, Seinfeld didn't really have any foul language at all. In fact, that was the genius behind quite a few of their episodes. They didn't have to actually use the words to get their point across. It's no where near as bad as some shows are today.

pashotshot

[11]Sep 16, 2008
    It used to be against the law if I'm not terribly mistaken. But, that's what I really like about that first episode of Seinfeld.

stellarchick86

[12]Sep 17, 2008
    sienster wrote:
    "Foul language"? When did they use foul language? They were on network tv. Ok - I know on occasion they referred to things and maybe a few damns and asses, but what other foul language was in in most other episodes?

I know! lol. It wasnt 7th Heaven, but it wasnt The Sopranoes either.

pashotshot

[13]Sep 19, 2008
    It wasn't in the old shows, either.

Krammar

[14]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    It was okay. Everyone was trying to find their character. George was a watered down version of Woody Allen. Kessler (Kramer) acted like he just had a labotomy. Jerry seemed a bit too gulible and naive. As the sow grew so did the characters.

pashotshot

[15]Oct 7, 2008
    Seinfeld wasn't the only show that started weak. It's natural for shows to do that.