Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

what was Elaine's problem with George?

onethreetwofour

[1]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 3
    I mean it always seemed like she was cricizing him for something if she didn't like him why did she hang around with him and in the one episode where George discovers the "secret society of beautiful women" elaine says something about telling the queen she was close or something like she would actually be considered in that category I just always found moments like that incredibly annoying.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 32
    She hung around with him because she was friends with Jerry. I recall an episode where Jerry wasn't able to go to the movie 'Prognosis Negative' with them and both were reluctant at first to go without him as they were concerns on both sides {Jerry had to actually convince them to see the movie without him together}. Elain also pointed out they were friends through Jerry; even stated they were more like "friends in law". After all this the only social connection they happened to make were all conversations about they're experiences with Jerry.
    Edited on 02/03/2009 1:51am
    Edited 2 total times.

merosoccer

[3]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 5
    Cmon guys why she would hang out with him??? hes not going to be a friend for her coz hes never good with women and even here in Iraq we call every chubby guy with no girl friends "George Costanza"!!!!!!!!!
    BTW that was be4 5 years coz we watched it reaaaaaaaaaaaaally late

stellarchick86

[4]Jan 30, 2009
    onethreetwofour wrote:
    I mean it always seemed like she was cricizing him for something if she didn't like him why did she hang around with him and in the one episode where George discovers the "secret society of beautiful women" elaine says something about telling the queen she was close or something like she would actually be considered in that category I just always found moments like that incredibly annoying.

1. She was just being funny and making a joke. And I think Julia Louis Dreyfus is really pretty. 2. Like the person upthread said, she really just hung around George because of Jerry so the 3 of them hung out alot, sort of Kramer as well. Jerry was the one who always tried to get the 4 of them together alot, like where Kramer says in 'The Bizaro Jerry' lets go to the coffee shop and Jerry goes "Ill call George!" and he wouldve called Elaine but she was already with Kevin. Ive had that before in high school where I didnt care for my best friends' friend but the 3 of us hung out alot. She probably was annoyed with him because of things like his neuroticism, his "quirks", etc. I got the feeling Jerry felt the same way but since he was friends with him for so long he kept being friends with him. I think George got annoyed at Elaine too with the comments hes made about her (cant think of any offhand but I know theres some).

mp34mp

[5]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    Elaine once referred to George as a "stocky, slow-witted bald man". She obviously doesn't like him for the most part, unless it benefits her in a situation someway. Either it's his personality, his views, his actions or somehow benefiting in life when she's had to struggle for so little. That's just the selfish nature of her character. She also didn't send him a Christmas card and he starts screaming "I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!!!!"

KEVINT1964

[6]May 2, 2009
    • level: 1

mp34mp wrote:
    Elaine once referred to George as a "stocky, slow-witted bald man". She obviously doesn't like him for the most part, unless it benefits her in a situation someway. Either it's his personality, his views, his actions or somehow benefiting in life when she's had to struggle for so little. That's just the selfish nature of her character. She also didn't send him a Christmas card and he starts screaming "I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!!!!"

She then grabbed his head & rubbed his face in her chest, so who knows?

stellarchick86

[7]May 4, 2009
    mp34mp wrote:
    She obviously doesn't like him for the most part, unless it benefits her in a situation someway. Either it's his personality, his views, his actions or somehow benefiting in life when she's had to struggle for so little. That's just the selfish nature of her character.

George has also done plenty of things back that she finds very annoying, like being extremely cheap (like in 'The Movie' where he wouldnt let it go that she owed him money) or not letting it go in 'The Sponge' when he kept going on about getting a sponge from her. Plus George once said to Jerry "theres always one person in the group who everyone makes fun of. Like us with Elaine". I love George, hes my favorite, but you cant say its one-sided. They just dont really get along for the most part but they do have some times where they agree and are friendly like 'The Parking Space' where they go out together. I think its just they arent that friendly (like in 'The Dog' where they realize they dont have anything to talk about) and then the things they do know about eachoter may not be all that positive.