Seinfeld Forums

NBC (ended 1998)

Why do you think Audry refused the pie?

CatillacCat

[1]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 5

In the episode "The Pie", it's never explained why Audry refused the pie that Jerry offers her. So what do you think is the reason?

I rewatched the epsiode on my DVD, and I began thinking maybe the reason was because Jerry had already taken a bite of the pie before offering her some, and she was afraid of eating something, that another person had already had a bite of (I know I would be).

What theories do all of you have?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 32

Thats a good theory! I think its just one of those "Seinfeld things" that we will never know. Just something funny for the show but has no real reason to it.

I know thats not exactly a "fun" answer because I didnt come up with anything, but knowing Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David, thats probably the answer.

Edited on 02/18/2008 9:31pm

sienster

[3]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    The bizarre thing was the way they all just shook their head like a 4 year old instead of explaining why they didn't want it.

sienster

[7]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    peas_and_corn wrote:
    You're right... it didn't have semen in it, and that's why she didn't want it- she's crazy for the man-milk.

As much as men would like it, I don't think any women are crazy for the "man-milk".

smithevilwitch

[8]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 20
    She could have seen the cook in the woman's bathroom not wash her hands

Angelic_Anime

[9]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 26
    When Audrey first refused the pie, I thought maybe she doesn't like to eat from other people.

smithevilwitch wrote:

Then, after Jerry refused the pie (because her father didn't wash his hands) I thought that was probably why Audrey didn't eat it.

stellarchick86

[10]Apr 4, 2008
    Angelic_Anime wrote:
    When Audrey first refused the pie, I thought maybe she doesn't like to eat from other people.

smithevilwitch wrote:

Then, after Jerry refused the pie (because her father didn't wash his hands) I thought that was probably why Audrey didn't eat it.

No, because he said have you eaten the pie here? And she goes yeah almost all of them. And he goes cherry too? And she said something like yeah its my favorite. And she didnt know about his unhealthy habit.

Im telling you guys, its just there for comedy, there is no REAL reason. There are other things they never specifically said in the episodes that go unanswered. Like in the episode where Jerry tries to dirty talk with the girl, and he says 'you mean the panties your mother laid out for you?' we never got to hear what she said first.

Angelic_Anime

[11]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 26
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Angelic_Anime wrote:

smithevilwitch wrote:

No, because he said have you eaten the pie here? And she goes yeah almost all of them. And he goes cherry too? And she said something like yeah its my favorite. And she didnt know about his unhealthy habit.

Im telling you guys, its just there for comedy, there is no REAL reason. There are other things they never specifically said in the episodes that go unanswered. Like in the episode where Jerry tries to dirty talk with the girl, and he says 'you mean the panties your mother laid out for you?' we never got to hear what she said first.

I meant the cook at the restaurant where Jerry always goes, not her father's restaurant.
    It's true that there probably isn't really a reason, but it's just interesting to wonder.

stellarchick86

[12]Apr 6, 2008
    Angelic_Anime wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Angelic_Anime wrote:

smithevilwitch wrote:

I meant the cook at the restaurant where Jerry always goes, not her father's restaurant.
    It's true that there probably isn't really a reason, but it's just interesting to wonder.

Oh..well yea maybe.. I think the closest answer we will get is the person who said maybe she just didnt want to eat after Jerry because I dont think it had to do with the pie itself and she didnt know about Poppie probably...but who knows.