NBC (ended 1998)

Seinfeld Fan Reviews page 18 of 19

• This show raised the bar for all other comedy sitcoms.

Seinfeld has always been one of my favorites with its original idea and comedy. Nothing in television history has ever done anything like Seinfeld did. Make a show about nothing. The actors are hilarious and the plots are crazy. Even after so many years since its series finaly (quite dissaponting I might add) this show has stayed up on top. I recommend this show to anyone who has the slightest amount humour in their body. Many other shows may try but they will never match up against the legendary Seinfeld. And if you want to keep watching these episodes over and over again, don't forget to look for the Seinfeld DVDs now for sale.
  • It's a show about nothing.

This sitcom is just great. I don't think there's any other way to put it. It was truly a show about nothing. There were no drawn out story arcs, just the crazy day to day experiences of four New Yorkers. The comedy resulted from the extreme neuroses of the characters and the inane situations they landed themselves in because of them. This show has also had probably one of the most profound impacts on popular culture. The bevy of crazy characters, societal conventions and faux pas, and situations live on in the minds of the show's viewers. This show changed the television landscape and will probably live on in syndication until the end of time.
  • Seinfeld will always be around.

Seinfeld is one of the best shows ever created. The lives of these four people and the other people in their lives, including Newman makes a great television series. Many shows copy Seinfeld in many ways and have the same plot lines sometimes. Good thing they went out when they were on top. The last show was a classic and unforgettable.
  • Best comedy EVER!

I was one of those who watched Seinfeld from the beginning when it was just a short-run summer replacement on NBC. I stayed with it until it ended its run at the top of the rating.

Simply put--best comedy ever. Timeless, hilarious and always funny, this show never fails to entertain. Even the lesser eps have at least one or two good chuckles in them and the classics will have you rolling on the floor time and again. For me, this is one of those shows that I can pass by and even if I've just seen the episode in question, I will watch it again just because it's so funny.

• I didn’t get into watching Seinfeld until about season 5, but ever since I started watching it, I don't know how I survived without it. It is one of the best shows ever created, and to think how close it was to never happening.

For a show about nothing it was pretty bloody funny. You would never think watching a group of friends sitting down in a diner having lunch would be entertaining, but they pulled it off. There is not another show like it on TV it was ahead of it's time and went on to inspire shows like everyone loves Raymond, which did not really come close to competing with Seinfeld. I can’t wait till season 5 comes out on DVD.
  • A comedy about nothing seems to be an amazing one.

Seinfeld is one of those shows you can watch every night on fox five and still get a laugh each time. The show ended years ago, but still my family watches it on tv every day. The cast is great and everyone as great personality. Each of their actions seems to represent themselves as characters. There is always something wrong or something stupid going around with the center plot. What makes the shows so funny is how stupid some of the character's actions are. Of all the characters my favorite is Kramer. Everyone loves the way he bursts through Jerry's door randomly.
  • Seinfeld is the story of four friends living in New York. Initially a show about how a comedian gets his material, it turned into an existential comedy that will forever be remembered.

What can I say about this show that hasn't already been said? In terms of originality, it set the bar for many of the imitative sitcoms that have come after it, including Friends. The chemistry between these actors is fantastic, writing top-notch. NBC was willing to shell out as much money as needed to keep this show on the air, but after practically a decade's worth of episodes the curtain was called for this show. The only complaint I have is the weak final episode, and the preoccupation this show seemed to have for bodily fluids.
  • A show about nothing. That\\\'s really what it was but funny as hell.

The dance. That my friend was the best for TV. I\\\'ve never laughed so hard in my life. If you see one show in your life make it that one. Kramer has to be crazy in real life. It can\'t all be acting, can it? I was going to say bring it back but I already used that line once tonight.

• Its just a decent show.....

Its a decent show about nothing. It has no topics or plots like According To Jim. The show has normal boring everyday situations. The only good thing about the show is the stand-up comedy parts which are short but funny. It's just like a video biography. The series finale was so awful.
  • This Show was the best show on television then and now for a reason because its just that good

I myself have seen all of the seinfeld episodes and own the DVDs And I literally watch this show every day.

Anybody out there who is a big fan or was a big fan of this series knows what I'm talking about. And if you aren't a fan or just haven't seen it yet i highly reccomend it to anyone.
  • A show about nothing, but having everything to do with life.

Jerry is a standup comedian who travels on the road doing shows. George is somekind of buisness man who always seems to get fired. Elaine works for a publicist and always says she's going to break up with Putty, but usually doesn't. Kramer is the next door neighbor who has been unemployed since his strike on the muffin store. Kramer is also always up to ger rich quick schemes and has his own buisness, Kramerica Ind.
  • This show stars Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Michael Richards. This show was voted #1 Show of All-Time by TVGuide in 2004. I rate this show as one of the best all-time television shows.

This show is one of THE BEST shows to ever air on television. It is not racy, or loaded with bad language. The cast can make this show extremely funny while maintaining a clean reputation. I (along with millions of other people) love this great show!! A definite classic, guaranteed to stick around for many years!
  • A fantastic collaboration of the truly bizzare instances in life and the thoughts inside that everyone is too afraid to say. Great show.

There's no point in going in-depth with why you should watch this show and how fabulous it truly is. As the actors, the storyline and the chemistry takes you to another place. Just watch the show and you will share that need to change your underwear after watching the show, like everybody else.
  • A show about nothing

For me nothing tops Seinfeld. It had great lead characters, like George, Mr. Art Vandalay, and Kramer, the unemployed ladies man. Great supporting characters, like Kenny Banna and David Putty. Great writers, like Larry Charles and Larry David. And Jerry's girlfreinds are a who's who of stars, like Jami Gertz(Still Standing), Marcia Cross and Teri Hatcher(Desperate Housewives), Kristin Davis(Sex and the City and Jeane Garofollo(The Ben Stiller Show). Seinfeld also had many great quotes, like "Yada,Yada,Yada" and "There real, and there spectacular", which was recently used in a beer commercial. Seinfeld also had many twists, like Susan dieing and the whole gang getting thrown in jail for their years of being "bad citizens". This show makes me laugh more than any other, and is my personal favorite.
  • The best of the best

Seinfeld - Well, what can I say... If you havn`t seen it, your`re really missing out on a great deal.
    This show is by far the best sit-com ever televised.
    Its genius is built from the total lack of story. Meaning in short terms that Seinfeld is in fact a show about nothing.
    So thanks you guys, for making life worthwhile!

• The greatest show in the history of television, at least for me.

Seinfeld is simply my favorite show of all time. This show about “nothing” is actually a part of my life now as I keep watching the reruns again and again.

The show is simply fantastic and very intelligent. One more reason why I like this show that I, like Jerry Seinfeld on the show, am also interested in small tidbits rather than in the bigger picture.

My favorite character on the show however is Jason Alexander’s George Costanza. He is so self-involved that you got to love him. My second favorite character is Elaine. She is just hilarious.

As far as favorite episode is concerned, all are great and I can’t really pick one. But the ones that I like the most are the one with bubble boy, soup nazi and the one in which Elaine dances.

Seinfeld is the funniest show of all time. Jerry, Kramer, George, and Elaine all worked off of each other to make a great show. The guest characters and jokes were just as good. Must watch show.

The best part of the show is how all of the actions of all of the characters eventually connected to each other in some way. The Soup Nazi, the bubble boy, and the hundreds of memorable characters made the show stand out as it did.

The last episode brought back many of the characters and was one of the best episodes. I wish the show would of lasted longer.
  • Pure humor.

Perhaps one of the best sitcoms ever. It's a show about nothing, and what could possibly be funnier than that? All of the characters in the show encounter REAL problems and strange things that nobody really noticed before. For example, in the parking garage episode, the characters ask, "why do they color code the garage?". The irony in the show is freakishly true to real life, because I always wondered why parking garages are color-coded. It's the stuff like that which makes Seinfeld funny.
  • The greatest sitcom ever made!!!!

As my thing says absolutley fabulous. Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David are genuseis. I love it when Kramer (Richards) always bursts into the room. Kramer and Jerry are my favorites on the show. It's too bad that the last episode sucked beyond believe. I sure am gonna miss that classic.

-Eric the 11 year old reviewing madman
  • Brilliant - the 100% foolproof laugh-out-loud generator.

Larry and Jerry did EVERYTHING right. There will never be another wit like this, it provided the ultimate chemistry of four lovable characterizations. I've seen every episode several times, and belly-laugh just as much with each repeated viewing. And that is exactly why, over half a decade past its production run's end, Seinfeld is still as popular as ever.

As of this review, the first four seasons have been released on DVD, and the unseen materials becoming available to Seinfeld fans is a godsend. The bloopers are like the tenth season - never seen by anyone, but so much fun to watch. A "real" cast reunion episode would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks to all involved with the series, for providing me with all the laughs I've had, and all that are to come.
  • The jokes are almost always the same type of mood

It seems like the same type of jokes happen a lot although this is a show about nothing. Every now and then i enjoy it but sometimes its boring. I would rather watch arthur, simpsons or family guy. they are awesome shows. So thats my review. Go Whitesox and Titans.
  • This show is filled with jokes that will keep you and your family laughing for years. It is the greatest show of all time and shines every time I watch it. Jerry,George,Elaine and Kramer all make this show laughable and outstanding in its own unique way.

This show is without dought the greatest show of all time. Its not because it is the funniest show ever (though it is), but it is unique. Unique in every way possible. It took the boring sitcoms from 40 years past and turned them into something that you could watch and get a good chuckle out of it. There is room for improvement as is every sitcom out there. for one the writers cut out a major part of the show, which was when Jerry Seinfeld would do standup before, during and after every episode, but other then that this sitcom shines in every way possible and is a favorite in most homes nation wide.
  • This is the show of the millinium.

The best thing about Seinfeld's humor is that most of the episodes you can relate to. I mean, how many times have you been walking around in a parking garage because you cant't find your car. Or your just waiting for a seat at a restaurant. It's happened to all of us. And because Jerry Seinfeld can make any situation funnny, it makes the show a must watch (as long as your over 13). It also has the strangest subject for most of the jokes, nothing. It uses that to its advantage. The producers knew that other shows had tried to be about something, and most of them failed. The only reason I didn't give this show a 10 was because in the first seasons they showed Jerry doing stand-up, and it was scarcely funny.
  • This is the best show of all time.

Ive never laughed so hard. This show is perfect. You will not see a funnier show. Perfect. Just Perfect. Its abotu this guy named Jerry Seifeld who lives in an apartment. He has the goofiest neighbour you will ever see. He is a laugh riot. He has his friend since he was a kid, George. He is such a bum. But he can make you laugh from all the lazieness. Then there is Elaine. Jerrys X-Girlfriend but now is just friends. She will make you laugh from all her attitude. Together these people make the funniest happening EVER. Alone they arent so great. WATCH THIS SHOW. It is one of those shows that you can watch over, and over, and over. Trust me I know.
  • Well, there isn\'t much to say in terms of summary, it\'s basically a show about nothing after all. But, what a nothing it was. A show based on four very different people who blended together like no other cast I\'ve seen in my TV viewing life.

I would need to go back and get all the episode titles to do a more in depth review, but in my opinion this is one of the few shows on TV that never had a bad episode. Never had one that wasn\'t that funny. Another thing that makes Seinfeld unique, was they weren\'t just funny, they were hilarious episodes from the first minute to the last. An arguement could be made for virtually every episode as a classic, as most every one had numerous storylines that instantly bring you back to the moment you first saw them. I have to believe anyone who has watched Seinfeld has their own favorite episodes, scenes and even lines that bring back hilarious moments. What I find most satisifying about this show is that no matter how many times I watch an episode, I never stop laughing. They don\'t get old or boring. It\'s always fun and I really can\'t think of a better way to spent 30 minutes in front of the TV. I give this show a 10, but in all honesty it deserves something higher than a 10 because I believe it is really far superior than any show ever made.
  • As said by David Spade (refering to "Friends"): "Oh yeah, I used to watch this show a long time ago, when it was called 'Seinfeld'"

This is definitely one of the best shows ever made, it has the smartest humor seen on tv, even it the stars weren't good-looking (except for Elaine), I started watching it religiously since four years ago, and i never miss an episode(I'm 18, when I was 4 years old I watched the smurfs...). Cosmo Kramer was really unpredictible, he always did something freaky...or creepy, and I never knew how Jerry could stand him. Some quotes of the show have made TV history, such as "this pretzels are making me thirsty". I saw people quoting it a few days ago in the Food Network. I already bought the DVD's. If you haven't seen this show, I don't know what you waiting for.
  • A classic in every sense.

The beauty of this show is that it captures every-day experiences perfectly. Sure, some of the storylines are over the top and exaggerated, but the things that happen to the characters happen to us all at some point or another. My friends and I frequently quote lines from Sienfeld when odd things happen, because the show is so much like our real lives.
  • Jerry Seinfield tells a corny joke at the beginning of every episode. Show has no plot.

I'm about 1 out of 1 million people who doesn't think Seinfield is funny. The show is packed full of unplotful events, weird looking people, and unfunny punch lines. The show has somehow rocketed to great success because of these flaws. The show features no visually appealing characters or lovable characters. A fat guy, a skinny guy, a homeless looking guy, and an ugly girl make up the shows cast. Yeah, next..
  • I really wish i could have seen this show live becasue i love it so much and just beening near the funnest cast and show i ever seen i would have loved that so much an its funny and its a show that u love everything about the show

I really wish i could have seen this show live becasue i love it so much and just beening near the funnest cast and show i ever seen i would have loved that so much an its funny and its a show that u love everything about the show i never wanted it to end

Seinfeld is near the best in terms of TV sitcom it is no Curb Your Enthusiasm but what it lacks in the fearlessness of Curb it makes up for it in implied sexual humour. 'Master of my Domain'.

The cast is fantastic with all lead and supporting actors giving it their all. The writing is superb and in my opinion the show got better every season.