Seinfeld

NBC (ended 1998)

Lion4Life

Seinfeld Fan Reviews page 5 of 19

• personally i liked this show

I haven't watch all the episodes but i can say it's a great show, besecally because it keeps you entertain in thouse 20 - 30 minutes when your watching it. I liked the fact that the characteurs were like very real people wich you can meet in our daily lifes, well maybe except Kramer. They had problemes with their jobs, sometimes with the way they looked (especially George), with theyr neightbers, friends, lovers, parrents etc. It show all that in a really comic way so you could look at all this problemes witch in real life buigs you, as being something comic, and thats what made the show a succes.
  • What a great show! NBC really did well those days. The characters were so well defined, the script was excellent and almost everyone in some shape or form related to the plots, bizarre that they were.

I was in Grad school when my fellow researcher mentioned this really off beat sitcom on Wednesdays. I took a chance and started watching. The initial Seinfeld comedy routine left me wondering where all this was leading to and then finally the plot started. And I was rocking with laughter. Honestly, initially when the show was not as popular the script was better and the ideas fresh. Honestly, I was glad when they ended, it was time.

Dragging it on any longer would have turned it into a lame show. Shows like Friend should have taken cues from it and stopped much earlier.
  • Jerry Seinfeld and this show made history

Jerry Seinfeld,a very funny and smart guy,as his jokes,made an incredible show that made history !! Everyone knows about Seinfeld,it's beyond popular ! I actually grew with this show and I remember my sister recording every episode of it on our vcr and even if I was little I understood most of the jokes and laugh till my jaw was hurting. Really funny,with smart lines and ordinary situations,the show about nothing it's now a legend between new or old comedy serials. And the K man,oooh,one of the many characters that made the beauty of the show. So, Seinfeld ... it's in my personal favorite list, so I couldn't just stay without giving it a good review.
  • Completely twisted comedy that goes where no one would even think of going on a sitcom.

So unbelievably original I cannot stress it enough. The twisted-ness of this sitcom is so funny it hurts sometimes. I think everyone in the USA has seen Seinfeld, or at least heard of it, no matter what age they are. That doesn't mean that this show is good for all ages, but I'm just saying everyone knows of "Seinfeld." The characters have so many problems, which makes it funny. We WANT them to have their problems, or else the show would be just...bland. Even though this is "a show about nothing," it's pretty safe to say that nothing is pretty funny in this case. For example: one episode is about a car that smells awful because some guy at a car rental place (am I right about that?) sits in the seat and supposedly sweats all over it. That's the nothingness I am talking about. And nothingness has never been so funny.
  • A great show thats different and just plan funny.

Seinfeld was suppose to be a show about nothing, but it turned out to be a show about everything. A funny show that talked about all those little things in life that everyone wonders about, but would never make a show about. With recurring actors and storylines making it as realistic as possible.It pushed the limits at times and was out of the box thinking.A lot of the storylines were based on real life experiences,other things everybody has experienced. A great show that is with out a doubt one of the best.Just a funny show everyone should watch.My all time Favorite.
  • Why did it have to go? I love this show.

Ok, so you don't think that I am crazy, this show ended when I was three or four, ok? So I haven't been moping for ten years. I just started. I mean this show is amazing. It's about nothing. Just four friends and there everyday lives. You have Jerry, the stand up comedian, he is the center of the show, in my opinion. You have George, the unemployed guy who lives/lived with his parents. You have Cramer, who seemingly knows a lot of people and has a ton of good stories to tell. And you have Elaine, the girl of the group, who always has problems with work or relationships. Together, they make one of the best shows TV has ever witnessed. I hope this show will remain alive always.
  • A show about nothing, that became a hit tv show, and one of the most memorable sitcom of all time. The show is about four friends and their everyday lives.

Its so funny that a show about nothing did such a great job in ratings and entertainment. But the one reason why I think it did so well since it followed Cheers, if it wasn't in that super Thursday night line up I don't think it would have lasted 6 seasons. You had Jerry who is a stand up comedian who breaks up with girlfriend after girlfriend. Then you have George who is unemployed and lives with his parents. Then you got Kramer who just has a bunch of connections. Then Elaine the girl of the four friends who is always having problems at work and relationships, plus there are alot great minor characthers. Even with nothing you can make some gold.
  • A show about nothing?

Seinfeld was dubbed "The show about nothing." mainly because it was. The stories never seem to have a moral or the problem is never solved. This is what made Seinfeld so unique and stood out from the rest of the comedies. Besides that, the writing and characters have contributed to the sucess of the show. There ones you love and the ones you hate, but ones you hate is what makes the show good like Newman. I like the humor in this show as well. Its very simple and hilarious. With only nine seasons, Seinfeld has left a lasting legacy in the TV world.
  • Seinfeld: You can't get much better than this show.

The first time that I saw Seinfeld was, well, a couple of years ago, and ever since I have been absolutely hooked on it. I am not ashamed to say that I own seasons 1-8 on DVD and am awaiting the 9th and final to come out in November of 2007. If you don't like Seinfeld, you've obviously never seen episodes like The Soup Nazi The Bubble Boy, The Parking Garage, The Chinese Restaurant, The Subway, The Pez Dispenser, The Limo, The Airport, well I could go on forever.
    If you haven't seen Seinfeld, catch it on TBS at 6:00 and 6:30 every weekday night. Enjoy the hilarity.
  • BEST SHOW OF THE 90´S. HAVE NOT BEEN SURPASED IN THE 2000´S.

I watched the entire series in South America through Sony channel.I had seen every episode of the nine season series 4 times and I have enjoyed it every time.Every particular episode was very special,hilarious and well written.The series is famous in Venezuela. The main characters Jerry Seinfeld, George Costanza, Elaine Benes, and Cosmo Kramer, this show cant get funnier.Other characters that played an important and superb role:Mr.Pitt, Newman Frank Costanza, J. Peterman, Morty Seinfeld, Jackie Chiles, Uncle Leo, Kenny Bania, Estelle Costanza, Susan, Helen Seinfeld, David Puddy,Sidra played by Teri Hatcher,Dolores "Mulva", Marla Penny, Sue Ellen, Babu,Marcelino,"Crazy" Joe Davola.All of the characters in the series gave the show a place in the home of fame of comedy. Best seasons:6-7-8.Congratulations to the writers and actors. Most episodes have contributed to make this show a tv addiction.
  • This is a show i never get tired of. I watch it every possible moment i can, and can quote it daily.

This show, following Comedian Jerry Seinfeld's life is as funny as a ashow about nothing can get. With his friends, George Costanza, Elaine Benes, and Cosmo Kramer, this show cant get funnier. It can have a story about anything from a hair piece, to a suspected killer, and stay funny. Some seasons contain Seinfeld's comedy bits during the show's opening, which i love. The best part about the show, it is safe for the family. I believe i have heard 2 swear words in the whole show, both bleeped out. There are mildly sexual scenes, but trust me, not even close to as bad as what is currently on TV. I have watched this show from season four through it's finale, and own every available season, and can stop loving it.
  • Seinfeld, a show about nothing, is definitely a show worth watching. A simple idea - every day life - gets scripted and put on TV - Brilliant!

I could write a review on Seinfeld for quite awhile, but I'll just get to the meat of it - like everyone knows, Seinfeld is awesome. One of the best sitcoms ever. I didn't give the show a higher rating simply for the fact that there are actually quite a few of episodes that are very boring. Another thing that is actually a bit disappointing is that there are only nine seasons. There could easily have been more seasons, and they would have been just as great. There are about a billion ideas Seinfeld could have used to squeeze out a couple more seasons. Still, you can't NOT like the fact we still managed to get nine brilliant seasons.
  • George rocks

This is the best show of the 90's. As far as I can remember I have always watched this show. I own all the seasons that have came out on dvd. This show was so great becuase of George and Elaine. Poor George is what we say at my house becuase no matter what nothing works out for him he is the greatst loser ever. Elaine was so funny I love it when she was asking for toilet paper and how she acts any time she gets complimented. Jerry and Krammer are funny too but I don't think Jerry is any where near as funny as George and Elaine. krammer was funny to but he was mainly there I think for laughs for the dumber people.
  • A show about nothing. Follows 4 friends through their up and down lives in New York City.

This is the greatest show of all time! I hope they never stop running the reruns. I watch it everynight 3 or 4 times. The show is great because you could have never watched it before and you can watch any episode and instantly you know whats going on. This show makes me laugh more than any other show on television. I wish they would have made more shows like this. Seinfeld is defiantly my favorite show ever made and I will continue to watch it until i die. You can watch the same episode 10 times and still find it hilarious.
  • the lives of 4 friends in NY and their everyday lives.

what can i say about this show....amazing..this is one the funniest shows ive ever seen....it is original, funny, and by far informitive. Jerry, Elaine, Kramer, and George are 4 friends who live in NY...the show takes place in the 90's. The show is about....nothing...literally....which is why it is so amusing...some topics have been..George trying to sleep under his desk at work...Kramer using butter to tan...it is jus great...Elaine is my Fave character while George is my least...probably of all time..i loathe his character...he is annoying unfunny and above all LOUD!!!!... Jerry is funny whith his little quips..."that's too bad"...Kramer is hilarious...always doing something dumb...but funny....

so if u have never seen this show ...see it now!!!
  • i love this show and nothing is similar to it.

I have been watching this show for the last 6 years and i just want to see it more and more. It's realy realy funny and i can undrestand why they stoped it because there is no good reason for cuting it off. I've just baised my life on this show. absolutly fabulous is nothing compare to this show.
  • A boring show

Well I Managed to live through to watch three seasons of this horrible tv show filled with stupid haircuts and babling morons. This show was way over-rated and should never had existed. The only good thing about this show was that it gave people a reason to never watch tv and get excersize. This Was so stupid in the first episode i ever watched but i wanted to give it a chance so i watched three whole seasons and this show just got worse. I am a television/movie reviewer for my local paper and after watching three seasons of this show i was scarred for life. I have seen several bad shows in my time but this one takes the cake! It is horrible.
  • Most likely the besy sitcom on the air EVER!!!!!

I love this show, no two episodes are even ramotely alike so i could never get bored! sometimes just the way things happen or turn out is a couse of laughter, and i must say Seinfeld rocks super hard! the main charecter is Jerry Seinfeld, bad things always seem to happen to him, like people think he is gay or think they caught him picking his nose. his freind George Castanza doesn't seen to have the best luck either, but it is usually caused buy his own stupidity!!! any way its just laugh out loud, funny! and i'm glad the still play repeats! :)
  • Best

• A Very Funny Show

• Best. Sitcom. Ever.

Ah, Seinfeld. I may have missed it on its original run, but it lives on in syndication! I've seen nearly every episode. Seinfeld is one of the most brilliantly written shows ever made. The way that every plot thread collides in some way in almost every episode is genius. All four of the leads are perfect in their roles. And the wide cast of supporting characters are all great as well. As someone who has nothing but hindsight in regards to this show, I think it ended exactly when it should have. Although it probably could have ended better...
  • This Show I think can still be on the air.

This show is great I love every minute of it. It’s a show where it writes it self just normal people normal lives and it funny and it doesn’t intend to be funny it just is. All the characters are great Jerry, Kramer, and George are hilarious and the show is usually in Jerry’s apartment and so much stuff happens. All the different stories in the characters lives all end up being one big thing. That’s why I love this show and all the reruns are great and I love every minute of this show. So I give it a two thumbs up.
  • All time favorite show!!!

Have watched most episodes multiple times!!!! great cast and amazing writing! Its a pity.. that none of the cast went on to have shows like this apart from Julia.... Have all the seasons that are there on DVD as well.... A lot of fans didnt like the way the series ended, but i thought it was good writing and did credit to the characters in the show.... never get tired of watching Seinfeld!

It would be fun to see if they try to do a reunion sometime in the future with the cast!! All in all enjoyed all seasons of this great show!
  • My favourite sitcom.

Seinfeld has, and always will be a classic. Its got great controversial topics and keeps everything very humorous. Each character is great for the show and very funny at the same time. Jerry, Kramer, Elaine, George, Newman, etc., all are great, well-thought characters that always help the storyline of each episode. Each character seems to always have a story to tell and the acting is also very good. When Seinfeld came to an end, many people were very dissapointed, but this show will continue to be aired long into the future and is one of the best sitcoms on television.
  • Arguably,the best comedy in the history of television, "Seinfeld", the show about nothing, deals with the everyday lives of four friends in New York. The encounters of these friends provide for some of the most hilarious moments seen on TV.

Created by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld,the main characters in this series include, Jerry Seinfeld, as himself, a stand up comedian. Jerry, the obsessive, compulsive, neat freak's apartment is always a buzz, as his pals like to use it as a hangout or planning room. "Kramer", Jerry's "doofus" neighbor spends more time in Jerry's apartment than his own right across the hall. "Cosmo Kramer" is one of the most loved characters for his bumbling nature and oddball ideas. Some of his ideas included a cologne that smelled like the beach and a restaurant where customers would bake their own pizza pies. Next,

"Elaine", who has held many jobs in the course of this series, usually as an assistant, was once Jerry's boyfriend now just friends.... with benefits...

Lastly, the single, often unemployed, balding man who sometimes lives with his parents "George Costanza". George, who's character is based on creator Larry David is famous for his hot temper and unfortunate luck.

Each character is well developed, as are the supporting characters and guest stars. Some guest stars are fabulous, the "soup nazi is just one of many that will have you cackling madly.
  • Nothing Is Great

Who thought a show about nothing be so good. I loved Seinfeld from when i saw it on tv. I didnt see it from the start. Still when i saw it for first time i just said what a great show. Kramer was so crazy and funny. Seinfeld was the cool main guy. George was the good freind but always down usually. Elaine was the girl of the show who was sorta odd in my view. The show was very succesful. I just thought it was a very enjoyable funny show. Newman is funny the way he acts around Seinfeld. Also Georges dad was very funny as hell. He was so direct and rude. I liked the show always as it was something original. In the end a classic no doubt.
  • Show about nothing will always be enough.

Such a basic idea that could be dragged on forever. Just follow around a group of people that do nothing but over analyze and pick fun of the world around them.

I can watch any single episode of this show anytime. Luckily, it's on like ten times a day and available on DVD. Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld had a monster on their hands and always keep the scripts fresh and entertaining. The four main characters keep the show balanced and the dove-tailing of storylines will always be one of the show's signature traits. Even today, making a well timed Seinfeld quote can always spark a conversation, lighten a party or break the ice with anyone.
  • Hate, hate, hate this show.

This show just doesn't appeal to me at all. From the episodes I've seen, this show "about ntohing" is worth just about nothing. Every character is unlikable- maybe it's just me, but this show alsways seems boring. I can't remember one time I've laughed at any of the show's antics- discomfort is the closest I've gotten. Thank god this show is no longer on the air. Hopefully, the rereuns will die down and the show can finally reach extinction. Please, please let that happen. If you want a show about friends in the city, stick to an actual good one: Friends.

Oh, and I would rate this show 0, if the rating thing would let me.
  • Four friends and thier strange andventures in New York (and elsewhere)

The show about nothing that almost wasn't. The genesis of Sienfeld was very similar to the story arc in season 4 (I might be wrong on the season). NBC actually put in the smallest order ever for a new show (4) and the original intent was to air it in the summer in place of SNL. How they were going to cover a 90 min. time slot with a half hour sitcom was never really explained.

However it came to be, it remains one of the funniest and most beloved sitcoms of all time. Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer, will go down in history with Gilligan and the Skipper, Archie and Edith, Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton, and Crocket and Tubbs, as charcaters that live on beyond their shows.

Enjoy the DVDs.
  • This show is will always be one of my favorites. I can watch it everyday and never get tired of it.

I have read several reviews that have really perplexed me. Now, I know that the show is not liked by everyone, but if one didn\'t like it, why write a review about it - slamming it. I guess it is because they feel guilty for not liking it. Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that.

What I don\'t understand is why people refer to it as \"A show about nothing\". What show is about anything? I mean, it is all acting! Am I wrong? Do you think "Friends" is about something? Or 24? Sure, they don\'t delve into the deep complexities of human existance, but to call it nothing is inaccurate in my opinion.

I believe this show never did \"Jump the Shark\". The last episode was terrible, but every other episode was a masterpiece. The way the plots were so intertwined - really it was amazing to watch.

I will admit that Jerry Seinfeld may not have been the best actor, but his timing was impeccable.

If you just think the show is ok or watchable, please, do yourself a favor and keep watching it. It\'s like some other shows, you need to watch it several times before passing judgement and you will come to the same conclusion, it's absolutely fabulous.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10