Seinfeld

NBC (ended 1998)

Lion4Life

Seinfeld Fan Reviews (557)

• The funniest and wittiest and best TV show in history!

It's no surprise Seinfeld has been repeatedly rated as the #1 TV show in the history of television. I can't imagine anything that is better than Seinfeld. There are many excellent TV shows, but Seinfeld is in a category of its own, all-time best comedy.
  • Laugh over and over again

I know a show's good when I can watch it over and over again and enjoy it. So clever, so good!
  • Simple the best

Its simply the best sitcom ever. Seinfeld is awsome so are the others. Classic episodes like the parking garage and the pilot are awsome, not to mention the stakeout. Best ever i say it again.
  • best show ever made !

seinfeld is the best show ever made , smart and funny , wonderful written , perfect actors , this is the best comedy group ever , every episode is funny .
  • best sitcom ever made

seinfeld is the best sitcom ever made , its a classic , an influence to shows like friends or how i met your mother , my seasons ranking :

season 8

season 3

season 2

season 1
  • Simple

Simply the best TV show that was ever aired, no other show has ever out done it!!!!!!
  • Show about Nothing is best Show ever to air on television

The best sitcom of 90's and arguably the best show ever too,the show is an inspiration for Friends and How I Met Your Mother with regard to the plots and Characters of the show,but it will win against these two on any count as the mentioned shows had tendency to get serious in it's few episodes and at average will give you 2-3 Minutes of seriousness in their lot of episodes because of the dedication to the Characters and continuing plots about relationships of main cast,but Seinfeld on contrary gave full value to our time and there was not even a second of wasted time on the television and neither there was any sort of seriousness in any of it's episodes as the characters will almost always behave in a comedic way because it is "comedy" we do not watch it for tears and drama we watch it to laugh about it and that is what it gave us. The show is still better than most of the sitcoms on air these days as most of them will be telling vulgar and cheap jokes but Seinfeld given that was cheeky was no Vulgar and had most of the time very clean and family friendly comedy. The show is must watch for everyone and those who haven't watched it they are really missing some great comedy I declare it The Godfather(Movie) and New York Yankees of all Sitcoms.
  • Best comedy show ever!!

I miss you guys. My favorite show. Could pass 20 more years and I still watch your show!!
  • Funny Show

But why do they seem to focus on the last 3 seasons for reruns??? Also why are the episodes always out of order?
  • Classic

Not a lot of words you can say about this show except for classic. Costanza could be one of the greatest characters in the history of television. All lines from him were hilarious. Good show!
  • The best show ever.

No show, comedy or drama, will ever beat seinfeld!!!!
  • The Best Show

I like some of the of the things they do on this show. Jerry Seinfeld is a great actor as well as a great comedian.
  • My Favorite Show of All Time, PS if you don't like this show you don't know what "comedy" even means and you like stupid shows like The Jersey Shore

I think the title pretty much says it all.
  • One of the best shows

This show had it all. It was funny, the plots were amazing, the characters were lovable, hilarious and great. Kramer was so funny and I loved the way he acted. I loved how all the characters fought, some of the fight scenes were very funny. Every time they listen to Kramer, something bad happens. I love how George ate an Eclair from the garbage, and for Vandelay Industries, when Kramer was on the phone, he ran out of the bathroom with his pants down. Very funny. Jerry is hilarious also, he's the only normal one of the group. I love many of the things that he said. Elaine is funny also. When she fought Jerry and when she threw George's toupee out the window, saying that she doesn't like the hair piece. And Newman, very funny. When Jerry chased Newman up the stairs and how they greet each other. I love this show. It was the best.
  • Seinfeld

The best comedy of all time.
  • A Review About Nothing

An iconic milestone for sitcoms I believe. This is one show, one show where I still have yet to tire of the repeats. It just has that relatable, urban contemporary pull (I'm from New York myself so).

There are 4 basic characters and interestingly they're usually more portrayed as inner city antagonism (especially George) instead of what typical comes to typical. Subjects about everyday life and dating without marital bonding (aside from one occasion that George wanted to escape from, ending in a moment where black comedy is at its blackest in sitcoms).

I think what amazes me about most every episode of this show are the multiple story arcs (usually 3) integrated in and with the cause, there's also some effect that returns with a punch, crossing over the other story-arcs. That to me is clever, clever story-writing and this is one of two shows where I might never get tired of seeing over and over.
  • Greatest show of all time!

This iconic show is spectacular, period. Smart, hilarious and influential, no other comedy can compare. I do love The Office though :) The Big Bang Theory however, makes me want to shoot myself.
  • A true classic

This show could've have gone for a few more seasons it is sad that it ended prematurely. Is a classic I don't think that the cast (Jason Alexander, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards and Jerry Seinfeld) can ever do better than this show if they do I will be surprise. The writing was superb and really top notch I wish they bring it back.
  • Instant classic.

Seinfeld is what it is, and those who find it boring must find their own lives incredibly so. This show isn't reality for sure, it's almost a parody of reality that really makes you think about the little things like the odd quirks people have, relationship dynamics, and habits that never really die.

Seinfeld is a show where four not-very-likable characters get themselves into difficult situations, usually dragging along a cohort or two. There is very little action, and nearly all the comedy is either subtle or slapstick. None of the cheap shots or frat boy humor you see in the lazy comedies and sitcoms of today. To be clear - Seinfeld was only around when I was a child, it really isn't a contemporary show for me. I didn't start watching it until I was old enough to appreciated the layers of comedy that Curb Your Enthusiasm's Larry David built for each character. Now I look back on it fondly as I avoid already dried up newcomers like 2 Broke Girls and Whitney.

So, if you enjoy everyday hilarity, memorable lines and well-developed characters with real flaws and nearly real lives, Seinfeld is probably for you.
  • A show about nothing.

Seinfeld is one of the funniest shows ever. Larry David is a genius. If you like Seinfeld watch Curb your Enthusiasm. =))

This show deserves as many emmys as possible.

It is a masterpiece.

The best show if the 90's.

Really funny.

Every episode is written carefully and exceeds the laughs.

A lot of the episodes are based on Larry David's life.

It is funny because the things that happen could happen to you.

Overall, it is a great show and a must-see for any tv lover.

I recommend it and cherish it.

I watch it everyday.

So go watch it, it's on tv all the time. =)) =)) =)
  • @Gergroy1 Dont blame the show for your inability to understand it. It's the greatest sitcom of all times, by far. You just gotta have a sense of humor of yourself to understand it. And Seinfeld is not about nothing, it's about everything.

@Gergroy1 Dont blame the show for your inability to understand it. It's the greatest sitcom of all times, by far. The thing is that you gotta have a sense of humor yourself to understand what's funny about Seinfeld. It certainly isn't the type of humor that's cheap, forced and that "plays safe" so that may be a problem for some. However, the fact that the Seinfeld's witty type of humor moves boundaries and actually makes you turn your brain on while watching is highly appreciated by the rest of us. Furthermore, Seinfeld definitely has a storyline, it just isn't the most important part of the show. Characters and situations are.
    The bottom line is: yeah, Seinfeld outsmarts some people but dont hate on it just because of that. And one more thing: it's not show about nothing it's about everything which actually says it all.
  • The Perfect Episode

"The Fix-Up" had me laughing non-stop from beginning to end.

Put simply, this episode is perfect as one scene builds upon the other.
    The best episodes of "Seinfeld", in my opinion,are those in which the connection between the Jerry-George-Elaine-Kramer storylines are inextricably linked. In that respect, none is better than this episode... andthe Kramer storyline delivers the coup de grace.

"The Fix-Up" is definitely my favorite episode.

• It never ceases to amaze me that out of nowhere a show [Seinfeld] comes along and a love affair is started. 20 years on and the love is still alive. Was it the characters? Yes, of course as well as the hilarious day to day lives that they lived. Loving it!

They were strangers to us. Just another multi-cast TV crew that seemed promising as entertainment goes but who could have possibly known what these 4 people had in store four us.

While its true, they didn't pull this all off on their own. The multitude of talents behind the talents was amazing and turned out to be work to be proud of for all time. Without a doubt this was a "Beatles" happening. Unknowns becoming superstars and more as times moves on.

• Brilliant.

In my opinion this is the best sitcom of all time. The sitcoms today can't even compete with this. The acting is excellent, the writing is funny, and the stories are interesting. Yes, I do sometimes see plotholes in the episodes but this is a show that isn't meant to be analyzed. If you are a person who cares deeply for realism and depth, then this isn't the show for you. The episodes have their own stories and the seasons do not follow the same storyline. Moreover, you shouldn't care deeply for the characters. This is a show that you watch leisurely and simply to laugh, not because you want to find out how it's going to end.
  • The best Show.

Es la mejor serie que he visto, es una lastima, que en el pais, donde vivo Mexico, no es tan famosa.
    Pero estoy seguro que si se dieran la oportunidad de verlo, se darian cuanta de lo excelente que es esta serie.
    Mis personajes favoritos son, por supuesto Jerry y Kramer.
    Es una lastima que terminara, pero bueno, creo que lo hicieron, antes de que se volviera una serie monotona y sin chiste.
    Se extraña y pues por lo mientras nos tendremos que conformar con seguir viendola en DVD.
    Larga vida a la mejor seria de todos los tiempos "SEINFELD".
    Saludos desde Mexico, Distrito Federal.
  • A classic on par with Lucy and The Honeymooners

Seinfeld is as classic as any other show, despite the fact that it is not that old, it ranks up there with I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore, All in the Family, Happy Days, Leave It to Beaver, Cheers, The Simpsons..and many more, because this show changed the sitcom and is the influence for many later shows such as Scrubs, 30 Rock, My Name is Earl, and many other sitcoms on the air are alive now because of Seinfeld having hit the air back in 1989, this show changed the sitcom rules and we love it for it
  • Seinfeld is easily the best sitcom ever made. Nine seasons of pure entertainment. I myself have re-watched every episode at lest four times.

It's a different kind of show. For once you can't see sadness on the show. You can see joy and happiness but not sadness. Well for the exception of the "Bubble Boy" episode where Elaine cries when Bubble Boy's father is asking Jerry to come and visit his son.

Jerry's part is great! He's the one doing the sarcastic and humorous remarks.

Kramer is the one doing the "cartoonish" part. Always doing funny sounds and funny poses.

George has the best part. Brilliant. A short stocky and cheap man with no regard to anyone but himself. His fiancée dies and the next days he calls another woman for a date! Elaine's maybe the less funny part. Amazing non the less. A man's woman who dates Jerry in the past and dances funny ("The Little Kicks")

Favourite episodes (and quotes): "The Butter Shave" (a vacation to Marseilles)
    "The Contest" ("You'll be out before we get the check.)
    "The Outing" ("I'm not Gay Not there's anything wrong about it")

Between many many others!
  • SEINFELD what else do I have to say

Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David have made the greatest Sitcom there will every be, I would go as far as saying the greatest show of all time. The show has my favorite character to ever grace television, George Costanza. The show Stars Jerry Seinfeld a comedian who lives in New York, and his friends that are constantly going in and out of Jerry's apartment. His friends George, a short, stocky, bald man, Elaine Jerry's ex-girlfriend, and Kramer Jerry's wacky neighbor who is always taking Jerry's food, they are always in Jerry's apartment or at Monk's Cafe. If you have never seen this show what is wrong with you.
  • ---

Seinfeld is the best TV sitcom of ALL TIME.

Others have tried but nothing comes close.

The shows long been over and we still go gaga over it.

That's how superb, this show is.

Jerry, George, Elaine, Kramer, Newman, Frank, Estelle, Morty, Helen, The Soup Nazi, Bob and Super, The doorman, Jimmy, Bania, Puddy, Alton Benes, Jackie Chiles, Antonio the Busboy, Babu, Macaroni Midler, The Bubble Boy, The barbers Gino and Enzo, The Maestro, the numerous girl and boyfriends of the four, and all the other characters..will always have a soft spot in our hearts.

Encore! Encore!

ZBT

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch? - Tyler Durden

You get the idea.
    This was truly one of the best shows to ever air on American television. Every epsiode can be classifies as a true classic. Even now 11 years after it went off the air you can still watch any episode and have it be just as relevant and groundbreaking today as it was when the show first premiered. The cast just meshed together so well and had a chemistry that is rarely seen. Not only where the main characters perfectly suited for the show, but so were the guest appearances. The only regret is that they show ended before its time was up.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10