Seinfeld

The Airport

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 25, 1992 on NBC

• haha.. airport humor

i really like this episode.. its my faourite from seinfeld. i love anything that has to do with planes or airports.. i love travelling.
    i love george\'s subplot when he gets mangled at the end by that convict. to tell the truth, this episode made me read TIME magazine.. i remember the time when i tried to find the one with the cover just like in this one (the convict), and i tried to find the blurb with george in it.
    ho boy i wanna try to get into that airplane. but i hope i get into first class.

the storyline and the subplots made this episode my favourite from seinfeld.

what was the name of that airline?
  • Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer all go through different encounters off and on a plane. This does the series justice and is probably the best episode ever.

Jerry and Elaine are returning from one of Jerry's gigs in Saint Louis. George is supposed to pick them up at Kennedy airport. The two are forced to switch to a different flight, one that arrives at Laguardia. Elaine suffers a series of degradations in the coach section of the airplane, while Jerry is pampered in first class, and enjoys the company of a sexy model. George and Kramer dash from airport to airport to meet the flight, which is eventually re-routed back to Kennedy. George also has a run - in with a psychotic con and Kramer tries to track down a guy who allegedly stole money off him 20 years ago. The episode borrows from Shakespeare how different stories are indiviudally developed throughout before tying together at the end and for a sitcom having such a method is astounding. Strictly speaking; this episode doesn't have any jokes but rather many subtely funny occurences which work just as well as the "ba bum chhhh" moments usually found on the show. The actors really have to hold up the episode themselves as there're not many prominent guest stars to share the load. All four of the performances are great and each character gets to express their traits firmly although Jerry is often a little too comfortable. Jennifer Lynn Campbell stars as Jerry's fellow model passenger and Lenny Rose as Elaine's slobbish neighbour and both of them make for an effective guest star combination. Aside from the cinematic finale; this episode really exploits the show's budget the most with many scenes and detailed Airport and Airplane sets and not to mention the tonne of extras. Although it's mandatory to mention the absense of the Coffee shop and Jerry's apartment, it hardly matters. The Airport is an excellent Seinfeld installment and really progresses it from a TV show to a way of life.

Watch for: Just why Kramer should never be allowed in an Airport again.
  • Seinfeld Episode

In this season 4 episode of Seinfeld called The Airport Jerry & Elaine are flying back from a trip while George and Kramer try and pick them up at the airport Jerry & Elaine’s 1st flight is cancelled so where one of them get a nice 1st class seat while the other get a bad and couch seat mean while the plane gets redounded that has George and Kramer going to airport to airport because Jerry & Elaine where going to land at JFK but the new plane has them going to La Guardia then back to JFK while running between airports George has a conflict with a convict and Kramer thinks he sees someone who owes him money form a long time ago I like this whole episode I thought it was very funny Jerry & Elaine’s story was funnier then George and Kramer because of the different both the carters had while on the flight was good my rating is 9 out of ten.
    The End of Reveiw.
  • One of the best episodes of season four.

Well this episode was one of the best episodes of season four. you know why, because I love the simple episodes of Seinfeld, they really pull it off, no joke. I love Elaine in coach, Elaine wants to escape coach. While Jerry has been having a great time with a model in first class. I love how Kramer & George go looking for Elaine & Jerry going from airport to airport. And then Elaine's luggage ends up being shipped to Hawaii. Also the people on the plane were so rude, but I guess that is what made the episode hilarious & funny.