Seinfeld

The Alternate Side

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Dec 04, 1991 on NBC

• A favorite of mine and typical Seinfeld -- taglines you know you repeat to this day. Not the most stand out episode, but memorable nonetheless.

One of my favorite episodes, which, like so many others, gave you several "catch phrases" to repeat again and again: "Yankee Bean, Yankee Bean, IIIII liiike my Yan-kee B-ean!" and "You know how to take the reservation, but you don't know how to hold the reservation." and of course, "These pretzels are making me thirsty."

While this isn't a classic episode like The Contest, The Junior Mint, or The Soup Nazi, I like the clever and goofy use of the tag line "These pretzels..." which, if you use allusions to TV in your everyday vocabulary, can be used in any situation. And who hasn't found themselves singing "Yankee Bean" for days after?

A great showcase of each character's idiosyncrasies, George's uber-neuroticism; Elaine's ability to succumb to guilt, but only for a moment; Kramer's grandiose view of even the smallest of his activities, and Jerry's quick use of sarcasm as everything goes wrong around him.

• Seinfeld

This is a very funny episode of Seinfeld that has very funny stories in it and a famous line in it as well like all episodes this one is all the same well writing well acting and well jokes in the episode of Seinfeld the sense are never dull all of the stories blended well together which made the episode work a likeable to the viewer of the show my favorite scene is the one where George is parking the cars goes wrong and messes up the movie Kramer is working on this is the reason why my review for this episode of Seinfeld is 9.7 the end
  • Hilarious!

I love this episode so much, Elaine dating a 66 year old, sort of slutty I would say. But the exciting part is in the end when Elaine brings the stroked out 66 year old and they put cookies in his mouth and George was blocking the road which made the 66 year old's chances more slim, I love how the plots tie in like that, absolutely amazing, Elaine acted really well in this episode as well. My favorite part which is the most funny, is when Jerry is renting the car & how Jerry is cracking jokes with Elaine, best moment In Seinfeld Season 3.
  • Brilliant.

An absolutely brilliant episode from the great back and forths between Sid and George (I don't want to get into a whole thing about the pants!) to the classic, series-defining scene at the rental car agency (I'm sorry my supervisor says there is nothing we can do!) this was just about as good as it gets.

If you don't find this episode funny, you probably don't like this show as this is just nothing short of classic television. Jerry and George at their best, and Kramer being Kramer. Great episode that featured about 22 minutes of non-stop laughs, for me at least.