Seinfeld

The Alternate Side

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Dec 04, 1991 on NBC

• A favorite of mine and typical Seinfeld -- taglines you know you repeat to this day. Not the most stand out episode, but memorable nonetheless.

One of my favorite episodes, which, like so many others, gave you several "catch phrases" to repeat again and again: "Yankee Bean, Yankee Bean, IIIII liiike my Yan-kee B-ean!" and "You know how to take the reservation, but you don't know how to hold the reservation." and of course, "These pretzels are making me thirsty."

While this isn't a classic episode like The Contest, The Junior Mint, or The Soup Nazi, I like the clever and goofy use of the tag line "These pretzels..." which, if you use allusions to TV in your everyday vocabulary, can be used in any situation. And who hasn't found themselves singing "Yankee Bean" for days after?

A great showcase of each character's idiosyncrasies, George's uber-neuroticism; Elaine's ability to succumb to guilt, but only for a moment; Kramer's grandiose view of even the smallest of his activities, and Jerry's quick use of sarcasm as everything goes wrong around him.