Seinfeld

The Apartment

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 04, 1991 on NBC

• George Costanza's character-defining episode

Although a small amount of hints of George's lovable foibles come out in the first season, this sophomore season of Seinfeld we really start to see George's "loserness"... particularly in the previous "Phone Message" episode, but here in "The Apartment" he takes a stand and opens the floodgates himself: "For I am Costanza, lord of the idiots". Classic.
  • "For i am Costanza lord of the idiots"

This episode is funny. Not as funny as last weeks episode thow. It had it´s moments,like the part with the wedding ring, " I just lost a lifetime of free guilt sex, so don´t talk. For i am Costanza Lord of the idiots" Just funny, laughed about 2 minutes. But one thing that annoyed me was the apartment deal, near the end it was just repetitive and boring, it has no real twist to it. Kramer still doesn´t have his well deserved air time. They have got to put Kramer in the plots. Kramer and George. Perfect. But Seinfeld and Elaine, being as good as they are, can´t do the whole job. A good episode, but wait for others ahead.
  • An average episode.

I watched this episode waiting for something funny to happen or for someone to say something funny. Guess what, it never happened. I didn't find the episode funny at all. It was fairly entertaining, but other than that, it was rather boring. Jerry's plan backfired. George was trying to win gilrs, but failed because of his own stupidity. Elaine was happy to get the apartment over Jerry's. The writing was okay, and the plot was decent, yet I wish there was some better comedy. Overall, it was an okay episode that had average things to watch. I guess I expected more out of it. Thank you.