Seinfeld

The Bookstore

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 09, 1998 on NBC

• More great side plots. This one really makes you laugh.

The Seinfeld crew really take some chances and try to relate some far-reaching sub-plots in this one. Especially good is the Kramer-Newman rickshaw business. It should have been featured more. The George toilet/defiling of the art history book is the main thread, though it's possibly the weakest one going on here. Jerry makes it worthwhile, though, in the last scene, when he screams "That guy! Swarm! Swarm!". The Elaine story is pretty weak. But humor is humor, and it sometimes doesn't matter how dumb it is. At this point in the series, we have already come to know Kramer as being an outrageously funny guy, so we should get more of him in this episode. It seems to focus too much on Jerry, who, to be honest, doesn't have that much to do. He does deliver some classic one-liners, though, and altogether it's enough to rate the episode as a pretty good one.
  • What a funny episode...

This was a hilarious episode. The ending was the best, I loved it when Jerry was trying to save uncle Leo because he snitched on him and got him in jail, and then when George is shoplifting because he took a book to the bathroom, and can't get rid of it, Jerry blames George and then Uncle Leo is free (I think). I loved when Jerry was like "swarm!" Hah hah. I also liked Elain's plot, she doesn't want to be the office skank hah hah and goes through a lot of turmoil with her "fake boyfriend". The whole "fake relationship" thing was really funny to watch. Kramer's part was funny as well, and in the end his and Newmans rickshaw hits Elaine's previous fake boyfriend. Hah hah.
  • Funny stuff.

I liked this episode as I thought it was decent. I thought that it was funny in the point that it was just like many of the other episodes. I liked the storyline where George is caught taking a book into a bathroom. He is forced to buy the book and he doesn't like it at all. Elaine was funny with her plot of making a fool of herself at a party. Jerry was funny as was Kramer. Overall, this was a decent episode with good comedy, funny moments, decent storylines, and decent acting. I was entertained and I was also interested. Thank you.