Seinfeld

The Boyfriend (2)

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Feb 12, 1992 on NBC

• The Second Part of "The Boyfriend"

Here's the review for Part One:
    Once again Seinfeld finds a way to surprise me. If it isn't having sex with the cleaning lady ("The Red Dot"), it's a contest to see who can go the longest without gratifying themselves ("The Contest"). In this episode we get one of the oddest and best plots in the show's history. Both Jerry and Elaine "fight" over a guy, but not just any guy, former New York Met All-Star and Gold Glover Keith Hernandez. Not only that we get George trying his best to weasel more time out of his unemployment case worker and Kramer and Newman having a problem with Hernandez because they believe he spit on them after a game.

From the opening moments of Jerry and George meeting Hernandez in the locker room to the "JFK" movie parody with Wayne Knight this episode is definitely a series classic.

The second part is just as good. We get an end to the storylines, Jerry says one of the funniest lines in the series history (either Part I or II), and Kramer and Newman settle their score with Hernandez.
  • Keith Hernandez...

This episode is the second episode in this two part arc. This I don 't think deserved to be a two parter, seemed like any other episode, it should of just been called something else. Elaine breaks up with Keith cause of smoking, and Jerry breaks up with him when he asks to help him move. Kramer ends up taking Keith instead, the only part that really linked with the last episode was the JFK parody, which was amazing how it gets put all together, George dating the unemployment office's daughter was a bit whacko. Anyways an okay episode, not my favorite.