Seinfeld

The English Patient

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 13, 1997 on NBC

• How anyone can like the movie "the English patient" is beyond me. I tried to watch it, but it is un-watch able. So I bonded with Elaine immediately. Favourite line from Elaine: At least give me something I can use! Sex in a tub - that doesn't work!

The Seinfeld writers always have subplots for all the characters, this one is no exception. While Elaine is going to the movie with her new boyfriend, Jerry visits his folks in Florida. His father introduces him to this old dude who is a competitive freak lifting things, and that results in a back injury. Jerry feels bad, and he is ending up putting the whole family in a hospital. The episode also have a subplot about some fake Cubans that Kramer try to sell off as cigar rollers. George has the most interesting plot, when he finds out that a beautiful girl has a boyfriend who looks just like him, only smaller and less fit.
    When she hits on him, he is only interested in getting to know her boyfriend, to steal his secret.

So the next step is to wove all these stories toghether. Kramers Cubans gets a job at Jerry's fathers friends pancake-restaurant as a favour for putting them in a hospital. There George's new girlfriend is breaking up with "little George", but since the Cubans are fake, the roll the pancakes wrong, and it squirts hot sauce all over little George's face. The Cubans gets fired, little George gets the girl back out of pity, and Elaine gets fired for not liking the movie, and is only saved by going to Tunis by plane, who is hijacked by the fired fake Cubans. Seems unlikely, but it all works! Awesome!