Seinfeld

The Ex-Girlfriend

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 23, 1991 on NBC

7.9
  • Jerry dates George's ex-girlfriend, but he isnt upset about that. He's more upset about the money Jerry paid back to the doctor that charged him $60 for doing nothing.

This episode was pretty good, especially for being only in season 2. With Elaine's situation, she explains throughout the entire episode what her predicament is... but they never show any scenes with her doing anything. That isn't especially annoying, unless they do it a lot. Not until around the 4th season did they show more of Elaine's problems than the ones she just told. Overall, though, Jerry and George's situation was funny. I liked the little "bit" about how everyone needs to have books in their house.

"They put them up like they're trophies!"
    "What do you need it for after you read it?"
    "Books, books, I need my books!"

This episode, to me, was average overall, but when you factor in that this was only the 6th episode, it was great writing.
  • a great ep

This is a good episode, we get the usual quarells With George and Jerry, Kramer being funny, he hasnt started sliding in yet. Elaine is a pain in the ... but overall good humor and great writing