Seinfeld

The Handicap Spot

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 13, 1993 on NBC

• George's father is introduced.

This is why I love this show so much, you know why? Because it is controversial! And you might be wondering how can a show about nothing be controversial. Well, the gang decides one day to save time, to park in a handicap spot! Yes it was that controversial. Anyways that is not the end of it, a huge crowd surrounds when a wheelchair girl gets injured because the gang took the handicap spot. My favorite part is when they hide out from the crowd. Also George's father is introduced. He is so funny! I also like how everyone ends up hating The Drake in the end. I also like how the wheelchair girl is finally shown rolling down a steep hill. That was hilarious!
  • Jerry & Co. drop off a TV to an engaged couple, but at the same time park in a handicapped spot with George\'s dad\'s car. It causes an accident for a wheelchaired woman.

7.6
    I rented the Seinfeld Season 4 DVD volume 4 just so I could see this one episode. I wanted to see the original actor John Randolph as Frank Costanza. Randolph is quite different from Jerry Stiller\'s take, as Stiller\'s version is more of an obnoxious, loud, self-absorbed character. Randolph does have a bit of the loudness, but he doesn\'t contain the obnoxious or self-absorbness that Stiller brought to the character, making him a Seinfeld favorite.
    Randolph\'s delivery of \"Do you see your face in these shoes?\" is more deadpan than Stiller\'s take of shouting the lines. Nonetheless, both great actors.