Seinfeld

The Hot Tub

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 19, 1995 on NBC

• This one doesn't get enough credit.

The Hot Tub is one episode that I have always thought very highly of and is a personal favorite of mine. Not so much for the main story of Elaine watching Jean-Paul while he's in town for a big race but instead because of the side story with George and the reps from the Houston Astros in town to talk about interleague play. The way that the reps talk is so funny but when it gives the idea to George to talk like that is really funny. Then, Jean-Paul gets the idea to say it. This is truly one of the funniest episodes out there.
  • This one is a definite classic "Hysterical" to say the least!

Episode 115 The Hot Tub is Superb, Well written, and gets funnier as the episode precedes. I have always been a fan of this show but this episode still has me laughing! I really wish Jerry and the cast would get back together because this is just Pure Intelligent Talent!
  • Season 7, Episode 5.

Wow. Pretty interesting. Also, it's just like an average episode. The Himalayan guy talking to Jerry was annoying. Kramer has a hot tub in the living room. Haha. Jerry criticizes Elaine for showing up late. Haha! I love Elaine's sarcasm! Julia is such a great actress. Not only in this, but also in The New Adventures of Old Christine. I liked the guys that were always saying "son of a **** and "bastard." Haha, drunks are always funny. :) Kramer burns himself in his hot tub, which is like one hundred twenty degrees. Haha, Seinfeld is a comic genius, and I'm glad he created this masterpiece series.
  • An excellent episode that is overshadowed by others

This episode was one of those Seinfeld episodes that is hidden and overshadowed by other episodes. I have been watching Seinfeld for YEARS and I only saw this episode for the first time the other night. "The Hot Tub" is a true gem and a great Seinfeld episode. I'm actually surprised that it is not shown more on television, too. The overall plot is extremely clever and one that will keep you laughing minute after minute, especially at Kramer's hot tub. I recommend this episode to any Seinfeld fan. The "Hot Tub" was a magnificent find and is truly one of a kind.
  • The Hot Tub

TBS is showing classic episodes of Seinfeld featuring George Steinbrenner to honor his legacy this week and they do not get much better than this. Definitely a Top 10 episode from Jean Paul Jean Paul to the hot tub to just about anything and everything in between. Having Jerry go crazy to get him up, referencing the past episode where Elaine did it, was a great scene and anytime I hear the numbers 402 or 847 I crack up instantly.

Few episodes have as many quotable lines as this one and simply put few episodes are as good as this one.
  • Elaine struggles to write her article for the catalogue; George reveals his secret for looking busy at work, Kramer gets a hot tub, and Jerry gets very uncomfortable with the sleeping arrangements for Jean-Paul (a marathon runner who overslept at the Barc

George tells Jerry and Elaine that instead of really doing work he just looks frustrated and his boss thinks he is always busy. When his pen does not work his boss tells him that he may be working too hard and so he tells him to meet up with some guys from Houston to work out some deals. This is where he finds out that every other work out of their mouths is SOB and bastard. This quickly gets passed onto Jean-Paul who later is kicked out of Elaine’s building because he calls her neighbors baby a bastard baby!

Kramer gets a hot tub for his place but the furnace he has goes out on him. He fell asleep in the water (which dropped to a very low temperature) and for the rest of the show he struggles to get his core temperature back to normal.

When Jean-Paul is kicked out of Elaine’s building Jerry comes to his rescue. Jerry gets Jean-Paul a hotel room, but when he calls the front desk for a wake-up call he does not like the attitude that he gets from the desk attendant so Jerry brings him back to his place to stay. Elaine comes home expecting to see Jean-Paul there but it turns out that he is not there. She starts walking the streets looking for him and this is where she finally comes up with something to write about in the catalogue.

It turns out that Kramer’s new industrial sized furnace has too much power and he blows the power out in the whole building. This causes Jean-Paul to wake up late. Jerry quickly gets him to the race which he is still allowed to run in. With one mile to go he is leading the pack. Jerry, Elaine, and Kramer are there cheering him on. Kramer has hot tea in a cup just like the ones that are being given out with water in them. Jean-Paul accidentally grabs Kramer’s cut and although we do not see it we can hear by the screams that he must shower himself with it and burns himself. George gets called into Steinbrenner’s office and he makes George get in a hot tub with him to alleviate all the “stress” that work has been causing.

This one has pretty good jokes. I liked how Jean-Paul seemed to fit right in with Jerry and the crew. This is not the best from Seinfeld, but it is up there with some of the great episodes!
  • I like comedy.

This was a funny episode of Seinfeld. I must say it was better than I expected it to be the second time around. The main storyline was very good and it was also very entertaining. I found it hilarious to see Kramer fall asleep and forget to wake up Jerry and the runner. I think that the best parts were Kramer forgetting and the runner spilling hot coffee on himself. It was all thanks to Kramer and his ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Overall, it was a decent episode and a very nice change. Thank you.