Seinfeld

The Letter

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Mar 25, 1992 on NBC

• Catherine Keener is an artist girlfriend of Jerry's who paints the famous "Kramer" portrait.

This is totally amazing and I just now realized it. Catherine Keener (an amazing actress, twice nominated for Oscars and of 40 Year Old Virgin fame) plays an artist girl-friend of Jerry. If you haven't heard, there is a giant plagiaring scandal concerning Jerry Seinfeld's wife in real life, Jessica. This woman changed her name from Nina to Jessica, married Eric Nederlander and dumped him for Seinfeld only weeks after their marraige. In this particular episode, NINA plagerized "the Letter" by stealing dialogue from Neil Simon's "Chapter Two". This is absolutely incredible because Jessica/Nina Seinfeld is being accused of plagiarizing her cookbook "Deceptively Delicious" after 'tricking' Oprah to endorse it on her show. This has been written up in the New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, and other respected publications. Incredible as it seems, this is exactly what this episode concerns including the name 'Nina'.
  • The Kramer.

This was a very funny eisode with great developing 4 plots in one. First Jerry's new girlfriend with jealousy problems, paints Kramer, and everyone loves the painting and they 50,000 dollars for it, that is just amazingly wierd, the plot that I liked the best is Elaine's white lie, her going to the baseball game without her boss finding out, I think Julia acted very well in this episode. Especially when she refuses to take the cap off. My favorite line "Tell George gew owes me 300 dollars!" That was hilarious. And the fact that she copied her letter from Chapter Two, that is just low, the actress was very beautiful though.
  • woww hillariousksdlksjadflkjdlskjlkjsdlkfjalskdjsaldkjsladkjlsadkjlska;djsdlkjsdjhafkjhakfjhfkjhsajdfhadsdsdsddsv dsddsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsadsdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddsadfddfdffdsadfsdffdf fuge

every episode is even more funnier. i really love this show expecially kramer he cracks me up every time. Well if it wasnt for my com 114 class i would never ever watched the show but ever since the class i started to watch it everynite some times if i cant ill record it on my DVR and then watch it when i have time. George is hillarious too, but kramer o boy hes something. Jerry is funny. I like this episode expecially when she paints the picutre of Kramer and how he wanted to take his close off. heheheee o
  • Breezy and light.

This is an enjoyable episode thanks to the breezy intercut-heavy style of the third series of Seinfeld. One of the running jokes, that Kramer keeps calling people by the wrong name following a blow to the head at a baseball game, is obvious and isn't very funny. In many respects these episodes of Seinfeld have started to show their age; in the modern age of innovative sitcoms such as Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Office the Woody Allen influenced stylings of early Seinfeld almost seem like old hat. But there is still an enjoyable, vintage quality to this episode that makes it fun to watch.