Seinfeld

The Maid

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 30, 1998 on NBC

• Perhaps it was time.

7.1
    Watching this episode you start to realize that ending the series at that point may have been a good idea. Some of the jokes were predictable, the different plots felt like you had seen them before. Especially the George story was old hat. How often have we seen Elaine fighting desperation? Jerry's conflict with girlfriend number whatever was based on his social awkwardness … again. Even Kramer couldn't save the episode. Although his relationship with the unseen girlfriend had some funny moments, the ending turned Kramer into a child, rather than a larger-than-life, picaresque character. I actually fast-forwarded some scenes here; that never happened before.
  • Okay showing.

I will not say that this was a great episode. Just a good one. I rated it better because of the fact that it was due to the storyline with George. It was hilarious to see George try to get a new nickname and fail every single time. He seems good at the epic fail and seems to enjoy it as well. Jerry, Elaine, and Kramer were decent. I can't say that I liked them more than the other episodes, but they were okay. Overall, it was a good episode that had some good writing, a nice plot, and some funny bits here and there. Thank you.