Seinfeld

The Opposite

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 19, 1994 on NBC

• My favourite episode

Of the episodes that I have seen, this is my favourite for many reasons, the main one being that we find out that every instinct George ever had was wrong and doing the opposite gets him a job, a girl and confidence, which is definitely not the George we know. Highlights of this plot is George insulting Steinbrenner in the job interview and getting hired for it and telling his parents he loves them since that's his opposite instinct aswell as the wellknown "I'm unemployed and I live with my parents" pickup line.

Jerry being Even Stevens is also a fantastic plot and turns out to be true in the end when one of his friends is always happy and the other is miserable since George becoming happy and having a job would obviously mean Jerry's other side, Elaine, would have to lose her job and be miserable.

Overall, opposite George is one of the funniest episodes I've ever seen and is definitely my favourite.
  • Seinfeld Episode reveiw

This a great funny episode of Seinfeld with the stories to being so funny as George and Elaine turn opposite of themselves or basically turning in to each other was really done well in this episode and the coffee table book storyline with Kramer is just plain funny the two must funny scenes in this episode is Georges interview in the Yankees and when Kramer appears on Regis & Kathie Lee this is a great episode with great stories a nice way to end one of the best scenes of Seinfeld that is all I have to say on this episode of Seinfeld
  • Up is down, left is right, black is white, night is day, and Elaine is the new George. Jerry discovers that everything in his life "evens out", Kramer promotes the coffee table book, and Elaine and George both experience a change in their fates.

There are so many good things about this episode. Let's start with Kramer. His coffee table book about coffee tables gets published and he promotes it on Regis and Kathy Lee. Pendant Publishing responds negatively to his TV appearance after he spits out his coffee and makes out with Kathy. Meanwhile, George decides that every instinct he has is wrong, and that by doing the opposite of what he would normally do, he can lead a successful life. George's new outlook lands him a job at the Yankees and an apartment away from his parents. Jerry, on the other hand, comes to the conclusion that everything in his life has a way of evening out. For instance, the same day he looses twenty dollars, he finds twenty more dollars in his coat pocket. Lastly, Elaine's life falls apart when she brings about the end of Pendant Publishing, gets kicked out of her apartment, and looses her boyfriend. Of all of the hilariously crazy things in this episode, Elaine's story is my favorite. The fact that her boyfriend brakes up with her because she stopped to buy candy after finding out he was in a car accident is hysterical. But I think the funniest Elaine moments in this episode are the ones where we find out why Elaine is getting kicked out of her apartment. First of all, she buzzed up a jewel thief into the building, then she buzzed up a pack of Jehovah's Witness who won't vacate the building, and then we find out she uses Canadian quarters in the washing machines. All in all, this episode is great and if you don't want to watch it just for the Elaine moments, then watch it because it is among the finest Seinfeld has to offer. It is truly a great episode.
  • It's a Good Day (George)/Bad Day (Elaine)

George has a good day. He's got a girlfriend, He told some losers off at a movie theatre and he's promoted to the home office of the New York Yankess. Not a bad day for George. But it was a bad day for Elaine. She lost her boyfriend and the publishing comapny folded. all over her obbession over Jujyfuilts. You pop them in the mouth and can not talk. also Krammer's Coffee Table book fell apart. I did get a glipse of Regis and Kathy Lee. I love Kathy Lee Gilford, I don't care what her critics think. The rest of the epsiode is funny.
  • But in a good way!

Every time George lies, cheats and steals trying to get girls, he always winds up on the wrong side of the tracks and when that happens, the episode doesn't have a happy ending for him.

That is, until this episode. Where he decides to tell the truth and do the exact OPPOSITE of what he does. He starts with his famous line: "My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents". LOL

And things go great for George, he meets a beautiful girl, he doesn't act like a wimp, and he gets a job working for the New York Yankees!!!!

As for Elaine, she starts to do the exact opposite, and nothing goes right for her. She gets fired, gets thrown out of her apartment and finally concludes: "I'M GEORGE! I'M GEORGE!!!"

Unfortunately, George couldn't tell the truth for long because in the next season, he's right back to lying again! :P
  • This episode is one big Laugh through and through!

Wow, this episode just shoked me. George is turning to his complete Opposite, because he realizes that everything he ever thought was right, turned out to be wrong.
    Jason Alexander is just great when he acts completly different, i couldn't stop laughing. And the thing that Jerry turns out to be the " Even Steven" filled the Scenes between Georges Outbreaks very nice.
    In other episode you always stop to laugh and wait for the next one, but this one is different i think.

So everybody who wants to see a very funny episode to begin with this Show, take this one!

And everybody who watches Seinfeld and never saw this one, watch it imediatly, you'll like it.