Seinfeld

The Pitch

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 16, 1992 on NBC

• Definitely a step up.

Well I know this episode is sort of a breakthrough for some people, the arc that started it all, the show about nothing. I treat it as any other episode. Don't shoot me for saying that. I like the fact that Elaine is at least in one scene. She really made the epsiode a whole lot better. Again with being on the set of NBC. That is getting annoying. I like how this episode also opened the Susan arc. It's too sad that she had to die in season seven, that is what she gets by hanging with the Seinfeld crew.
  • absolutely hilarious

This episode is clearly one of the best ideas. An episode about how the characters in the show could make there own tv show. This however is not a silly idea as because the show is practically "about nothing" they are normal people who run into silly situations, "just like real life" as George says.

The fact that they manage to add in things that happened in the Pitch of "Seinfeld" in real life such as: "the show is about nothing" and Kramer refusing to be apart of the show, is what makes it even more funnier.

This conversation with the telemarketer is another thing that makes this episode hilarious and gives everyone an idea the next time one calls:

Telemarketer: Hi, would you be interested in switching over to TMI long distance service.
    Jerry: Oh, gee, I can't talk right now. Why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later.
    Telemarketer: Uh, I'm sorry we're not allowed to do that.
    Jerry: Oh, I guess you don't want people calling you at home.
    Telemarketer: No.
    Jerry: Well now you know how I feel.