Seinfeld

The Pledge Drive

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 06, 1994 on NBC

• The Pledge Drive

Thanks to the fine folks at TBS, I am getting the chance to see a plethora of classic episodes of Seinfeld on this Black Friday holiday. This may have been the worst of the bunch, although it was still a really, really good episode of television.

So many great gags tonight from Jerry's grandmother being confronted in a dark alley by a street tough, only for him to help her with her bank issue, to Uncle Leo asking for the show to be stopped, to George chasing a guy who he thought gave him the middle finger, this episode definitely had its moments. The story, and the one-liners just were not there though and that is why it is not on the same pedestal as some of the other classics.
  • Pledge Drive

This is a good episode but one of the stories is not funny I did not like it at all it was the guy with the woman’s voice I thought was two far fetch but the rest of the stories are funny like eating a candy bar with a knife and fork was funny and a good story George and Kramer’s stories where really good as well over all the episode was ok but one bad story drags it down very far because of that story the episode gets a 8.1 out of 10 the end of this review End.
  • A guy with a woman's voice? I'm there!

Another great Seinfeld episode? Not a 10! A 9.5 will suffice. It open with a guy with a woman's voice. It's funny. But Elaine seeing her boss eating a Snickers with a knife and fork. That's why I call "Seinfeld," a comedy about manners. I got plenty of manners. Jerry cashing his grandmother's checks. Just because Krammer told you do, just doesn't means to do it. Finally, at a PBS station Channel 13, Krammer wants a Tote Bag and someone on the line pledge $1500 and it came from Jerry's Granmother. Money makes the world go round and in Seinfeld, money makes everyone go round.