Seinfeld

The Raincoats (2)

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Apr 28, 1994 on NBC

• "Before we knew it, the war was over!" (Part II)....

.... Part II of "The Raincoats" is even funnier than Part I. George's storyline revolving around using the child to get a trip to France is one of the episodes weaker points. However, this episode excels thanks to a classic "Seinfeld" gag. Since Jerry's parents have been in town, Jerry and his girlfriend have not had any alone time together and are starting to get a bit hot-and-bothered. When they finally get a chance to go out on a date, they start making out - during "Schindler's List." Of course, Newman is there to see it all and report back to make Jerry's life miserable. Kramer and Morty's clothing deal goes sour, George's parents think about taking a cruise and Judge Reinhold's close-talking character goes out in a crazy blaze of glory at the end of this episode too - very funny.
  • Family feud!

I was out of town and had to miss the first of a two parter, but I'll get to that show in the future. Now let's go to part two. Newman saw Jerry and his latest girlfriend making out at "Schindler's List." This is much worse that that incident at a San Francisco movie theater where teenagers laugh at the violence in the film. Newman told everfyone what happen and their relationship had ended. Meanwhile, there is a family war growing between the family of Jerry vs. the family of George. It was over a delay shipment of raincoats. A funny episode.