Seinfeld

The Seinfeld Chronicles

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jul 05, 1989 on NBC

7.4
  • A brilliant start to a brilliant series!

This is one of the greatest episodes of Seinfeld ever and to those of you who say it's boring and unfaithful to what comes next in the 179 episodes that follow because it is. And for two comedians who had never written any script before, I would say it is brilliant, I only have one complaint with this oh no make it two: one. No Elaine, it has been brought up way too many times how this episode needed a woman in the cast and I would like to add to that complaing, for you see I understand how Jerry & David could only think of putting in a waitress as their woman cast member but come on, why didn't NBC tell them to, Elaine would have done a great duty to be in that episode, but I guess you can't change it, she was probaply my favourite character in the entire run, and I was just sad that when I watched the pilot she wasn't in it, so I'm done with that one. two. Way too much stand-up, I know it was the two stand-ups conception of the series to have Jerry get his stand-up routine and then tell it at the end of the episode but they seriously overused it in this episode and probaply to the end of season 3 or 4, but really there was way too much. Well then now I've gotten them off my chest I would like to say all the good thinks about this episode; it was very true to the ones to come and had a great and simple storyline, simple storylines have somewhat been phased out in television and that saddens me, because episodes like this of Seinfeld, episodes from seasons 1-3 of The Simpsons, not to mention ones like "Lisa's Sax" really are great and the reasons of that are they aren't quote/unquote "complicated and stupid" they were simply simple and great, and they were exactly why I watch this series. I recomend this episode to anyone and I think you will enjoy it. Bon Appetite!