Seinfeld

The Soup Nazi

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 02, 1995 on NBC

• "No Soup For You!"

The Soup Nazi is a classic Seinfeld episode. A soup vendor opens up who is referred to as "The Soup Nazi When you order from him, you must order in a specific procedure or you won't be served. George made a scene when he didn't get bread and ended up getting no soup. Elaine's cabinet gets stolen under Kramer's watch by street thugs. Kramer gets a cabinet from The Soup Nazi The Soup Nazi's recipes, however, are in the cabinet and when Elaine finds them she takes the Soup Nazi out of business. This episode has everything to laughs and is a famous episode.
  • A soup nazi gives George and Elaine problems; Jerry prefers the soup nazi's soup over his girlfriend.

This episode is one of the best episodes of Seinfeld yet. It was pure goodness. They fit so must comedy into less than 30 minutes. This is probably my favorite episode. The soup nazi is really hilarious. I especially loved the end where Elaine gets all the soup nazi's recipes and practically runs him out of business. This episode is so perfect. It's another great installment to this perfectly amazing series. Another funny part was when Jerry's girlfriend stands up to the soup nazi and Jerry takes the soup instead of his girlfriend. It was hilarious. This episode was definitely a series classic.
  • When I think Seinfeld, I think Soup Nazi

Probably the most known episode by even the smallest Seineld fan, The Soup Nazi is one of my favourites of the series, though I have yet to see them all.

Many memorable scenes are contained in this episode and the plot keeps turning where it seems the Soup Nazi is actually generous to Elaine but it turns out he wasn't since he didn't know Elaine by name.

The ending could not have been more perfect with Elaine putting the Soup Nazi out of business and Newman running home to get a big pot since he was giving away the last of his soup.

No matter who is watching this episode they are guaranteed to be laughing and it is among the classics of the Seinfeld saga.

This episode is one of the best episodes of Seinfeld yet. It was pure goodness. They fit so must comedy into less than 30 minutes. This is probably my favorite episode. The soup nazi is really hilarious. I especially loved the end where Elaine gets all the soup nazi's recipes and practically runs him out of business. This episode is so perfect. It's another great installment to this perfectly amazing series. Another funny part was when Jerry's girlfriend stands up to the soup nazi and Jerry takes the soup instead of his girlfriend. This episode was definately a series classic.
  • From Soap to Nuts!

The best "Seinfeld" episode of all time is The soap Nazi. A soup store being run by a Nazi who throws people out who cross him. Several of Jerry's friends had a bad experience with thye Soup HNazi, but Elaine suffer the worst of the brutal attacks, until she lay her on something that mark the end of the soup Nazi's regin of terror. this is first class well written , well-act epsiode that epiosde that stood the test of time to become my all time favorite episode. "No soap for You!" But fun for everyone. "The Soap Nazi" is turly a classic.
  • One thing NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

Totally the best Seinfeld episode ever and the most unforgetable from the entire series.It is so funny and exciting that you can watch more than one time,something that can't happen with lots of Seinfeld episodes as they are truly about nothing.But this time Seinfeld gave me the laugh that i expect from it.The Soup Nazi is the most amazing and unforgetable guest star in the history of television and the frase No Soup For You is the funniest one from Seinfeld.The viewers watched this show and tuned in every single week because of the episodes like this.This is a fine example what a comedy series should give its viewers.
  • The best episode ever!!!!!

I never wrote a review before so sorry if this looks wierd when reading it. This kept me laughing for days! no soup for you!!! lol. This is legendary for me. This and the one with Festivus are both classics. Newman was hilarious at the end where he had to run home to get a big pot and also when he smells the bag and says jumbalaya!! (spelling?) I loved the gay guys robbing Kramer! "You should have seen the way they talked to me!" lol. Shmoopie could have been in a different episode though. It was not relative to the story. One of my favorite parts was where Elaine found the recipes from the Soup Nazi and threatened to sell his recipes!!! All in all, if you never seen it, watch it!!!!
  • The Soup Nazi

The Soup Nazi is one of the best and funniest Seinfeld episodes the Soup Nazi Storyline was great. The George story of him getting drove crazy by Jerry and his girlfriends nicknames for each other are very funny Kramer lets Elaine’s armoire get stolen the way it was funny the is the best and funniest episode of the 7th season of Seinfeld all of the story where very funny all of the jokes in the episode made me laught and the Soup Nazi himself was very funny my over all rating for this episode is 10 out of 10 that is all THE END./
  • Schmoopy!

Well what can you say about this episode that probably hasn't already been said... not much I guess. It's brilliant, one of if not the best Seinfeld episodes ever. You ask anyone, people who don't even watch Seinfeld and they have heard about The Soup Nazi.

One of my favourite parts of the episode is... Schmoopy. Yep Jerry and his new girlfriend keep calling each other Schmoopy all the time. It's a classic and I can see why George might get a bit sick of it. Also when Jerry asks his girlfriend if she want a little tuna fishy.

Who could forget the street toughs that stole the armoire from Elaine. "Are you talking to him or are you talking to me, cuz you must have been talking to one of us!"

The Soup Nazi is brilliant. He has given us that classic line "No soup for you!". When he tells George he is pushing his luck that's great.

Oh I almost forgot. When Krammer gets Elaine a second armoire and when he tells her he got it from the Soup Nazi and she pushes him over through a door. Brilliant.

I love this episode 10/10
  • The episode all revolves around a little restuarant that serves the best soup in NYC. The problem is that it is lead by a Nazi. If you don't do the procedures right you don't get any soup. Elaine can not have the soup and ends up revealing the recipe.

This is by far the best Seinfeld episode I have ever seen. It is really hard to say this fo such a great T.V. show, but this episode beats them all. Every main character has their little part with the Soup Nazi, and ofcoarse he loves Kramer. George has to go through his little problems as he always does, but Elaine just hits the spot in this one. I had to watch the ending several times with her. This is the most I have ever laughed with a Seinfeld episode, and believe me I laugh a lot during this show. Her saying \"NEXT\" at the end was just priceless, and I will never forget the smirk she has on her face.
  • Season 7, Episode 6.

This episode is one of the best episodes of Seinfeld yet. It was pure goodness. I decided to review this episode now, because my current TV.com rank is Level 3 (Soup Nazi). They fit so must comedy into about 22 minutes. This is probably my favorite episode. The soup nazi is really hilarious. It's another great installment to this perfectly amazing series. Another funny part was when Jerry's girlfriend stands up to the soup nazi and Jerry takes the soup instead of his girlfriend. It was hilarious. This episode was definitely a series classic, and it will always be one of my personal favorites.
  • The Soup Nazi, probably the best Seinfeld Episode. No Soup for you!

What can I say about the Soup Nazi. It is the best episode of Seinfeld. To summarize the episode, the four friends begin going to a soup place that is run by a man that is....well....somewhat of a Nazi. If you don't order right or show respect he will take your soup and ban you for a year. There are many great moments with the Soup Nazi. Elaine eventually gets an armoir(don't know how to spell) stollen by two gay men that Kramer was supposed to guard. She gets banned from the soup place but finds the Soup Nazi's recipies in a cabinent and runs him out of business. This is my favorite episode and should be seen by everone.
  • "No soup for you!"

This is possibly the best episode of the show of all time. Larry Thomas plays the Soup Nazi pitch perfectly. We get the main storyline in which Jerry and George go get some soup from the aforementioned Soup Nazi. A second story involves Elaine buying an armoire that gets stolen on Kramer's watch by two effeminate GAY street toughs. When Elaine goes to get Kramer some soup, she gets banned from the shop. In a related storyline, George can't stand Jerry and his girlfriend's affectionate phrases (Schmoopie). It is hilarious. Another great moment and often unmentioned when speaking of the episode's greatness. This is a great episode. Also, after being caught kissing and banned from the Soup Nazi's restaurant, Jerry doesn't go with his girlfriend, another classic moment. And the last line with Elaine telling the Soup Nazi he's finished perfectly punctuates this great episode.
  • No soup for you come back later.

Just one of the best seinfeld episodes. This was too classic, not. This one can never be too good. A nazi of soup shop people. How can that not be funny? I almost could not stop laughing out loud. Even with the gay muggers, that stole the armoire that Elaine wanted to have.
  • Awsome episode! Definatly one of my all time favorites. This is a must see for everyone!

I'm not going to ruin any of the storyline, but I can garantee it will amaze you as it is revealed.

As usual we see Jerry, Elaine, Kramer, George and Newman, in this story about The Soup Nazi.
  • Best Episode Ever!!!

What's not to love about this episode? It's absolute genius!
    I heard that The Soup Nazi was based on a real guy! Surely they exaggerated his persona because no-one could be that much of a tight a** when it comes to Soup.
    In the end his recipes got published when he got on Elaine's bad side!

Elaine: Your through Soup Nazi....No more soup for you....NEXT!!!
  • NO SOUP FOR YOU MOTHER******!!!!

now that i have your attention, i feel that everyone should know how great this show is... well i really cant do that, but the soup nazi is one of the best seinfeld episodes, if not the greatest episode in the show's history. Don't miss this one before you die.
  • Definitely one of the best episodes.

This has got to be one of my favorite all time episodes. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard and laugh just as much every time I see the repeat. I remember going back to New Jersey to visit and we had to go into New York to see the real Soup Nazi, in the line were many fans of the show, all waiting nervously to order their soup hoping to get it right. It was a lot of fun. One of the things I love about this show is they took something that was real and exagerated slightly, and it was hysterical. I have a friend that had been getting soup there for years, there was no doubt in her mind when watching the episode who it was about.
  • Classic!

This epiosde shall always be remembered in Seinfeld history. I loved this episode and how it all revovlved around the "Soup Nazi I liked how Jerry chose the soup over the girl, I was laughing my guts out at that part, that was like the funniest part of this episode, or one of the funniest. George and Elaine hate the affectionate ness between Jerrry and his girlfriend. I loved Elaine's whole part, first going out of the whole thing and not getting soup, and then the whole arm chair thing, and then running the "Soup Nazi out of buisness. So hilarious. So, the entire episode was so funny and it will always be remembered!
  • I like soup.

The episode was great. It had food, comedy, and entertainment. It was almost like watching a dinner theatre. WIth Kramer being bullied by people, Elaine wanting a chest, Jerry and George fighting over soup and women, you had all the ingredients for a great show. Normally I would wonder how good the soup is, but I thought it was a nice element from the writers. My hunger was higher as I was watching people eat the soup. I didn't have many favorite moments as it was all around solid. I did find the soup denials quite funny. Overall, it was great. Thank you.
  • Certainly, "The Soup Nazi" will go down as an all-time classic in the history of American Television.

How this Episode could have improved, is very hard to say. The general plot in this episode is absolutely great, with the original, silly, and classic Soup Nazi. The sub plot of this episode is excellent as well. The best way I can describe this episode is, "A true Channel Grabber". What do I mean by that? I mean that whenever I'm flipping through my TV guide and see, "The Soup Nazi" I'll immedietly change any plans I had beforehand, just to sit down and enjoy this episode. The sheer brilliance of this episode should have the same effect on most other long-time viewers.
  • The Soup Nazi

Of all the quotable lines and pop culture phrases Seinfeld has churned out "No soup for you!" may be the most popular. This episode is definitely a series classic and one of the few great episodes in the final few seasons, but is it the best episode ever like tv.com once had it as?

I do not think so. Alexandra Wentworth's odd acting and facial expressions definitely put a damper on things and the George storyline felt like something out of an episode of How I Met Your Mother, where the supporting cast disproves of the main star's relationship.

This episode was also special for introducing the "street toughs" who may be the most underrated guest stars in Seinfeld history.
  • Very good

The Soup Nazi was one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes. Jerry and his girlfriend are driving George crazy and they decide to go to a soup shop. The Soup Nazi is crazy and refuses to give food to Elaine and Kramer ends up losing something that belongs to her. Very funny episode.