Seinfeld

The Stakeout

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 31, 1990 on NBC

7.9
  • Jerry meets a woman at Elaine's friends birthday party, but only finds out where she works. Not wanting to ask Elaine, him and George plan a "stake-out" and pretend they just bumped into her.

This episode was hilarious! First of all, this is the first episode with Elaine in it and the first episode with Jerry's parents. Although Phillip Bruns is the person playing Jerry's father, Morty, his parents were still funny! (I am glad they changed cast members, though.) This is also the first episode where we learn how George wants to be an architect. This is also the very first mention of "Art Vandelay." The idea of "staking out" an office and waiting for her to come out was also funny, in addition to the scene that comes before it. Elaine's first episode is this one and her personality is a lot like it is in future episodes, except for the part about how Jerry and Elaine don't talk about relationships. (We know that they do later on in the series!) For only the second episode, there is a ton of funny jokes and a great story line! Plus, they added different scenes. For most of the first 3 seasons, most to all scenes were placed in one of the apartments. But to see some "first episodes" placed in places different then the regulars is a great thing. I definitely liked this episode and gave it 9 points!