Seinfeld

The Stakeout

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 31, 1990 on NBC

7.9
  • Jerry stakeouts the office building of a girl who he wants to date. The problem - he thinks Elaine will mind if he dates her. That's it. Still better than The Pilot!

This episode is much better than the pilot, almost watch-able. The plot is stronger, and sometimes laughable. In perhaps the first rememberable moment of the series, we learn about George's passion for architecture - should I say, his passion for lying about his occupation - as well as Art Vandelay, so we see some minor character development. The first turning point of the series - Elaine Benes is introduced. I share more than a few people's opinion's in saying that the series probably would've failed without her. And Kramer is now Kramer. Yay.

Like I've said, the plot is stronger than the pilot. However, there are still some flaws. The wedding plot it just plain stupid. It was, as Larry David agrees, simply a reason to bring Jerry's parents into the show, his father being played by a different than usual actor. All in all, this episode is watch-able, at the least. We're starting to get into decent episodes.