Seinfeld

The Trip (2)

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Aug 19, 1992 on NBC

• Seinfeld suffers with a far fetched storyline and the notable absense of Elaine.

5.4
    "The Trip Part 2" plays like a parody of the Seinfeld series as a whole. Jerry and George's dialogue goes WAY too far into nitpicking (the dill argument at the end is so tedious it goes beyond being tediously funny) with the characters becoming almost too annoying to tolerate. I understand they aren't likable people, and I would know this as Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows, but there are moments in this episode where they become broad unbelievable imitations of themselves. When Jerry and George actually start complaining to the police officers for stopping the ride to catch a car thief, I've reached my limit. Also, the Krammer as a serial killer storyline is incredibly stupid. Seinfeld, the self proclaimed show about "nothing", abandons its real life roots and goes for something showy and flashy, and ultimately, empty. I really miss Julia Louis Dreyfuss in this episode. Maybe we can credit her with the normal brilliance of the series. I think this is my least favorite episode.