Sesame Street Forums

Weekdays 7:00 AM on PBSIn Season

Baby Bear

Tkerekes13

[1]Jun 4, 2006
    • level: 28
    Does anybody like him?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dust_bunny000

[2]Jul 5, 2006
    • level: 2
    I LOVE him! He's one of my favorite characters. (:

Tkerekes13

[3]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 28
    I think I like Baby Bear as well. He probably deserves to have his own show! What do you think of that?

boomer_cylon

[4]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 7
    he's so cute i love him!

ketg

[5]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 5
    My only issue with Baby Bear is that he could encourage kids to not try to speak correctly. It's great they have a character that does have a speech impediment since so many kids do at least for a little while, but at the same time, it would be good if there were skits of him practicing to pronounce words correctly and encouraging kids at home to do the same. My daughter is now 7 ( and sadly, she has thought she is too old for the Street for about4 years) and she sees a speech teacher at school for stuttering still. Not that watching Baby Bear taught her to talk the way she does, but I think it would have been really good for her to see some one else have trouble being understood by the people aroundthem and sometimes being discouraged, but being supported and helped and enoucouraged by friends and family.

WWinnieF

[6]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 20
    ketg wrote:
    My only issue with Baby Bear is that he could encourage kids to not try to speak correctly. It's great they have a character that does have a speech impediment since so many kids do at least for a little while, but at the same time, it would be good if there were skits of him practicing to pronounce words correctly and encouraging kids at home to do the same. My daughter is now 7 ( and sadly, she has thought she is too old for the Street for about4 years) and she sees a speech teacher at school for stuttering still. Not that watching Baby Bear taught her to talk the way she does, but I think it would have been really good for her to see some one else have trouble being understood by the people aroundthem and sometimes being discouraged, but being supported and helped and enoucouraged by friends and family.
    That's a beyond brilliant notion! I love it!