Sesame Street Forums

Weekdays 7:00 AM on PBSIn Season

Favorite Character

BrakkerZ

[21]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 2
    When I was a kid, it was Cookie Monster. Now it's Big Bird and Oscar.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dizneycrazy

[22]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    my favorite character used to be cookie monster when he ate cookies. but now it's snuffy and count von count.

Theben27

[24]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 4
    I like Snuffy and Barkley the best. I wish they could of shown more Barkley back in the day.

dantedones

[25]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 24
    Big Bird when I used to watch it

asrealasitgets

[26]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 7
    Mr. Hooper

hippy_91

[27]May 31, 2008
    • level: 14
    grover

Tacowiz

[28]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 4

Here's my top five.

5. Elmo

4. Ernie

3. Kermit the Frog

2. Oscar the Grouch

1. Cookie Monster

cna97

[29]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    Oscar the Grouch
    Count
    Elmo
    Big Bird

WWinnieF

[30]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 20
    1. Count Von Count (The longest running character still performed by his original performer, although I dunno how long Jerry can hold up though)
    2. Big Bird (The original "star" of the show whose innocence everyone loved to the point that he had the first major fully Sesame-related motion picture based around him [Follow That Bird])
    3. Cookie Monster (Despite his eating habit and butchering of the English language by using "me" instead of "I", Cookie was simply loveable, especially the OM NOM NOM sound made when he would devour something)
    4. Grover (Grover was the "every's man" Muppet on the street who always tried to play "the straight man", only to end up as a laugh riot [as per his waiter skits with Mr. Johnson aka Fat Blue], but even so, we all loved his eagerness to please & help others, regardless of what troubles it brought him)
    5. Ernie & Bert (I count this twosome as one character, for they're as inseperable--even when they're apart--as Abbot and Costello, Larall and Hardy, Cheech and Chong, & other infamous duos and as such, their skits color were always a great barrel of laughs whenever one was down [especially the times when Ernie would trick Bert into doing something silly like talking to a bananna])

Favorite actors:
    1. Bob (Now considered by many to be the "father" of Sesame Street, as he is one of the originals still remaining on the show since its inception)
    2. Gordon (The character one often things of when listing the real, non-Muppet cast of Sesame Street)
    3. Linda (Now retired, Linda--like Maria for David before Maria married Luis--was Bob's "good friend" who was the first mute person on the street who could teach kids how to communicate with those who could not speak like they could)
    4. Maria (Like Bob, she is one of the true originals who's remained since the show's beginning)
    5. "Mr. Hooper" Will Lee (Known by all as simply Mr. Hooper [except Big Bird, who referred to him as Mr. Looper & other such names], the proprietior of Hooper's Store was a kindly old gentleman who fit right in with the tone the Street has maintained to this day, despite format changes and the comings & goings of characters and cast members)

TV-PG-Y7

[31]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 9
    my favorite character is Elmo and also Cookie Monster.

DMoore159

[32]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 5
    Oscar!

WWinnieF

[33]Oct 9, 2009
    DMoore159 wrote:
    Oscar!
    Is it because of his grouchy nature or is it because like him, you might "love trash" too? XD

Jamesbray

[34]Nov 9, 2009
    • level: 13

IDK, I like all of them but probably Grover and The Count.

Edited on 11/15/2009 10:28am
    Edited 3 total times.

80stvfan

[35]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 7

I like them all. My favorites were 1-5

1. Ernie and Bert

2. Big Bird

3. Cookie monster

4. Oscar the grouch

5. and last but not least GROVER! Especially when he would come and interupt one of Kermit the Frogs lesson, by yelling, HHHHEEEEYYYY FROGGGY BBBBBAAAABBBBYYYY!

WWinnieF

[36]Nov 12, 2009
    80stvfan wrote:

I like them all.

Who dislikes any of 'em? XD

TeamEdward1976

[37]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 3
    WWinnieF wrote:
    1. Count Von Count (The longest running character still performed by his original performer, although I dunno how long Jerry can hold up though) 2. Big Bird (The original "star" of the show whose innocence everyone loved to the point that he had the first major fully Sesame-related motion picture based around him [Follow That Bird]) 3. Cookie Monster (Despite his eating habit and butchering of the English language by using "me" instead of "I", Cookie was simply loveable, especially the OM NOM NOM sound made when he would devour something) 4. Grover (Grover was the "every's man" Muppet on the street who always tried to play "the straight man", only to end up as a laugh riot [as per his waiter skits with Mr. Johnson aka Fat Blue], but even so, we all loved his eagerness to please & help others, regardless of what troubles it brought him) 5. Ernie & Bert (I count this twosome as one character, for they're as inseperable--even when they're apart--as Abbot and Costello, Larall and Hardy, Cheech and Chong, & other infamous duos and as such, their skits color were always a great barrel of laughs whenever one was down [especially the times when Ernie would trick Bert into doing something silly like talking to a bananna]) Favorite actors: 1. Bob (Now considered by many to be the "father" of Sesame Street, as he is one of the originals still remaining on the show since its inception) 2. Gordon (The character one often things of when listing the real, non-Muppet cast of Sesame Street) 3. Linda (Now retired, Linda--like Maria for David before Maria married Luis--was Bob's "good friend" who was the first mute person on the street who could teach kids how to communicate with those who could not speak like they could) 4. Maria (Like Bob, she is one of the true originals who's remained since the show's beginning) 5. "Mr. Hooper" Will Lee (Known by all as simply Mr. Hooper [except Big Bird, who referred to him as Mr. Looper & other such names], the proprietior of Hooper's Store was a kindly old gentleman who fit right in with the tone the Street has maintained to this day, despite format changes and the comings & goings of characters and cast members)
    Those are my favorite charactors,too,for all the reasons you mentioned.

KaraJackson

[38]Feb 15, 2010
    • level: 3

My fave Character's are "BigBird" "Parrie Dawn" "Rosita" " Zoe" " Snuff" "Burt" and "Ernie" " Telly" " HarrieyMoster" " BabyBear"

" The Count" "Cookie Monster

Foxie913

[39]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 2

Have to pick Cookie Monster as my favourite

btw I never really liked Elmo or Baby Bear cause I just find them both annoying

WWinnieF

[40]Mar 21, 2010
    Foxie913 wrote:

Have to pick Cookie Monster as my favourite

btw I never really liked Elmo or Baby Bear cause I just find them both annoying

Elmo I can stand within reason (i.e. when he's not BOTH the central focus as well as host of Elmo's World [which I loathe in its entirety anyway]), but Baby Bear irks me. In fact, the only relatively new character I can seem to stand would be Zoe. And this was prior to her dancing gimmick, where she kept Elmo in line and was essentially his foil.