Sesame Street Forums

Weekdays 7:00 AM on PBSIn Season

Sesame Street News Flash

Tkerekes13

[1]Jul 6, 2006
    • level: 28
    Does anybody remember the Sesame Street News Flashes?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tcwjra

[2]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 22
    Yes wish they would bring them back.

Tkerekes13

[3]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 28
    So do I! I loved those news flashes! I even loved Kermit on Sesame Street! By the way, what's your favorite Sesame Street News Flash?

scout10101

[4]Aug 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    The news flashes, man I loved those

little_magelly

[5]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 23
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    So do I! I loved those news flashes! I even loved Kermit on Sesame Street! By the way, what's your favorite Sesame Street News Flash?

I loved it when Kermit used to show up on those. it was like a muppets/sesame street crossover, in a way...

tesub_calle

[6]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    I thought it was called 'CTV News Flash' - as in 'Children's Television Workshop' News Flash, but I guess that's beside the point. The point is, I do remember. One of my faves was the one on Old MacDonald's farm, where there was a report of a flying saucer. We kept getting updates of the 'breaking story' throughout the episode, until finally a red frisbee flies by. Kermit is visibly annoyed that he's been dragged out to cover such tripe. "Old MacDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o. And on his farm he had a frisbee, e-i-e-i-o. With a 'Whoosh-whoosh' here, and a 'whoosh-whoosh' there, e-i-e-i-o!" Until finally, a real UFO does land on the farm...

silverq21

[7]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 10
    I loved those news flashes.  I know Sesame Street doesn't have the kind of budget that most TV shows do, but I miss a lot of the muppet skits.  Now everything is computer animated.  I guess the kids still learn, but it's sad that a lot of the charm of the show has been lost. 

NovaScotianDude

[8]Oct 22, 2006
    • level: 16

tesub_calle wrote:
    I thought it was called 'CTV News Flash' - as in 'Children's Television Workshop' News Flash, but I guess that's beside the point. The point is, I do remember. One of my faves was the one on Old MacDonald's farm, where there was a report of a flying saucer. We kept getting updates of the 'breaking story' throughout the episode, until finally a red frisbee flies by. Kermit is visibly annoyed that he's been dragged out to cover such tripe. "Old MacDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o. And on his farm he had a frisbee, e-i-e-i-o. With a 'Whoosh-whoosh' here, and a 'whoosh-whoosh' there, e-i-e-i-o!" Until finally, a real UFO does land on the farm...

If it was called CTV News Flash wouldn't there be a conflict with the CTV channel?

kenya85

[9]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    I loved that. I remember one time Kermit reported on Mary and her little lamb. It was so cute.

NovaScotianDude

[10]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 16
    Ditto!

AoStHfreak

[11]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 7
    I saw the one of Rapunzel. The so-called "Prince Charming" was very rude to Kermit and Rapunzel, especially when Rapunzel lost her hair. He even said "Shut Up" to Rapunzel when he lost his horse. In the Cinderella skit, Prince Charming said to Kermit that "Daddy said to always be nice to the media," perhaps the king saw that Rapunzel skit and was not happy with Charming's bad behavior.

WWinnieF

[12]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 20

tesub_calle wrote:
    I thought it was called 'CTV News Flash' - as in 'Children's Television Workshop' News Flash, but I guess that's beside the point. The point is, I do remember. One of my faves was the one on Old MacDonald's farm, where there was a report of a flying saucer. We kept getting updates of the 'breaking story' throughout the episode, until finally a red frisbee flies by. Kermit is visibly annoyed that he's been dragged out to cover such tripe. "Old MacDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o. And on his farm he had a frisbee, e-i-e-i-o. With a 'Whoosh-whoosh' here, and a 'whoosh-whoosh' there, e-i-e-i-o!" Until finally, a real UFO does land on the farm...

*Kermit to a pig* "You know? You remind me of somebody. I just can't figure out out who!"

*The Yip Yip Martians upon meeting Kermit* "YipYipYipYipYipYip...Frog...Uh-huh-Uh-huh....YipYipYipYip..."

*Kermit, upon realizing he's stranded* "With a 'help help' here and and 'help help' there..."