Sesame Street Forums

Weekdays 7:00 AM on PBSIn Season

T for toes sketch

rhodiecub

[1]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    Does anyone remember a sketch with the letter T that involved all of these doing stuff like tickling, scratching, picking things up and doing other things. I do vaguely remember this from the early 80s.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Maroon4

[2]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 8

Yes, I remember that skit. I was a little kid when I watched it back in the '70s. The scene where the girl gives a negative reaction after using her foot to test the bath water was (and still is) vivid in my mind. The skit was at the Youtube site last year, but I regret to say that it's no longer there.

Edited on 07/10/2007 3:45pm

rhodiecub

[3]Jun 27, 2007
    The parts that stick out to me as the tickling part with the two people's feet tickling each other.The other scene where a boy tippy toes barefoot (making these "spot" "spot" sounds) to this man sitting in a chair barefoot and the kid scares the crap out of the man sitting in the chair.

nakers

[4]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    I too rember watching this skit as a kid and it was my favorite SS skit, both amusing and clever. I reckon there were 2 versions to this. The one on You tube was the first one done in the arly 70's and the second one done later, with more toes and different scenes. Interested to know peoples thoughts. Would love someone to do a remake of it, with some pretty adult feminine feet. Love to see that :-)

nakers

[5]Jul 5, 2007

t for toes was removed from youtube and put back again by someone else.
    : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoUybpjybuE

rhodiecub

[6]Jul 5, 2007

Cool, Thanks for posting that link!

Maroon4

[7]Jul 10, 2007

nakers wrote:
    I reckon there were 2 versions to this. The one on You tube was the first one done in the arly 70's and the second one done later, with more toes and different scenes.

I myself have heard that there was a second version of the skit, but I don't remember it. I only remember the one at Youtube. But maybe someone will come across this second version and add it to Youtube or on some other web site.

rhodiecub

[8]Jul 17, 2007
    Maroon4 wrote:

nakers wrote:
    I reckon there were 2 versions to this. The one on You tube was the first one done in the arly 70's and the second one done later, with more toes and different scenes.

I myself have heard that there was a second version of the skit, but I don't remember it. I only remember the one at Youtube. But maybe someone will come across this second version and add it to Youtube or on some other web site.

There definetely is a 2nd version of this sketch. I remember seeing it way back in the early 80s because that was the one Sesame St played back then. Hopefully someone might find it and put it on you tube or something like that.

Norbit121

[9]Oct 16, 2007
    Hey My Name Is Jason, I Was Wondering If You Know How The Second Version Of T For Toes Goes&If You Know Of Anybody That Has It Or How I Can Find It? If You Have Any Info Please e-mail me at jayathome20042005@yahoo.ca Thank-You.

nakers

[10]Oct 18, 2007
    The second one had more toes and a couple of additional scenes.

Norbit121

[11]Oct 25, 2007
    Hey Norbit121 Here Is There Anyone That Can Give Me A Brief Description On How The 2nd Version Of "T For Toes" Goes? That's If Anyone Knows.Also Can Anyone Let Me Know How I Can Get It Or Find It Please. Thanks.

Maroon4

[12]Nov 1, 2007

Norbit121 wrote:
    Hey Norbit121 Here Is There Anyone That Can Give Me A Brief Description On How The 2nd Version Of "T For Toes" Goes?

I'm curious about 2nd version, too. But I'm mostly curious about the additional scenes. I saw the the original skit a number of times as a little boy. It's possible that I saw the 2nd version, only to have vague (if any) memories of it.

rhodiecub

[13]Nov 8, 2007

I remember the second version of t for toes very similar to the way you recall it. The yellow lower case t dropped from the top of the screen andthe beginning had the line up of barefeet but different sizes. Some adult feet and some were kids feet and it had more feet showing and the camera went from left to right. The feet were still and it was quiet. The narrator then talks about all the uses of toes.

Scratching had 2 scenes of legs standing the foot slowly rubbing up and down the opposite leg with the toes pointed so you can see them. The feet were a man and a woman's feet.

Playing had the cat which looked like a himalayen cat (completely white fur) you only saw the upperbody of the cat and it was facing the camera.I remember seeing a male foot up against the cat (the right foot), the toes were slightly wiggling and the foot was turned so you saw more of the sole and bottoms of the toes.He said "C'mon cat sqy meow."

Tickling had four pairs of bare legs with barefeet squirming and wiggling into the soles of the foot on the opposite side. As it was described before the setup had one foot doing tickling the other foot was being tickled and it seemed to be a daisy-chain of tickling feet. The camera wasnt to close because it had to show all the feet at once, but it was close enough to see the toes scrunching and squeaking and the high pitched giggling was going on as the tickling and teasing continued. The scene was on a white tiled floor and the camera was above the feet, right in center. There may have also been one more additional tickling scene with a closeup of 2 feet doing the same kind of tickling.

Sneaking up tippytoe had the man in the chair barefoot, reading the paper. He showed off his barefeet and I think his toes wiggled a little bit. A lot people remember him being barefoot, because he had his feet up on a small leg rest that matched the chair. Then the camerapans righttoa pair of feet standing on the floor and then zooms out to show abarefoot boy wearing red or green pants.His tan feet poked out of the pants and he slowly and deliberately slides his foot up one at a time. The camera pans from the left showing the boy shuffling up to the man in the chair really sneaking up to him until he got to the guy in the chair. The boy then looks like he jumped on him and scared the guy in the chair. The man lets this big ARRGGHH! Some tell me he started tickling the kid's barefeet after being scared...

Picking up things had the black sock on the floor and the girls foot scrunching and grabbing the sock. It took a couple of tries because the sock kept falling. The croaking sound effect was heard when the toes flexed and grabbed the sock.

Testing the water had the girl next to the bathtub swirling her foot in the water, the camera had a closer shot of her foot in the water.

Now, the end had the same long barefoot lineup as the beginning, but everyone's feet were wiggling and some colored yarn tied around a toe in a little bow or yarn like draped on the foot. The toes were wiggling and theres laughing and giggling in the background and there looked like there were even more toes, about 7 pairs of feet. The camera goes from left to right as before. The camera goes by the fake gorilla feet to show more feet and then zooms back to it. "Toes, thats a good 't' word." Well, thats it, I know I went so long, I tried to get as descriptive as possible. This is the one I distinctively remember different from the one shown on you tube.

If anyone finds this video, I would also like a copy of it as well.

Edited on 11/08/2007 3:43pm

Norbit121

[14]Nov 19, 2007
    Hey I Would Really Like 2 Find This 2nd Version Of T For Toes Cause I Would Like 2 C It.Also I Have The First 1 The 1 with the kid that sneaks up on the guy sitting in the chair(well the kid is wearing red pants instead of green. Does Anyone Know The Year This 1 was Done?Please Let Me Know Thanks.

nakers

[15]Nov 19, 2007

I think there was another version done. From a previous forum on this topic I found out The one on You tube was the first one done in 1971. The second and most recent one which I remember as a kid was done in the late 70's hence was shown on SS in the early 80's. Would love to see that one and agree had more toes ,went for a tad longer with the narrator saying "Come on toes wiggle" after the introduction. I think there was more yellow yarn as well.

Do hope someone finds it to bring back some good memories.!

Norbit121

[16]Nov 20, 2007
    Does Anyone Know Of Any Toes Clips That Are Like The T For Toes Sketch,Or Any Good Toes Clips That Are Of Adult Content? If So Please Let Me Know Thanks.

Tofu84

[17]Nov 21, 2007

I remember this skit, and great recollection of this clip from Sesame Street many years ago by some people. I remembered it a bit differently from the youtube version also, from the close up of just one foot with its toes petting the cat to seeing a longer row of toes in the beginning and end. Would love to see a total remake of this clip...

rhodiecub

[18]Nov 27, 2007
    They just released a new Sesame Street old school clips on DVD and this dvd has T for toes in it. So maybe it's on this DVD?

Norbit121

[19]Nov 27, 2007
    Hey When Get This DVD,If You Do? Please Let Me Know What Version Of T For Toes Is On It.Thanks.

rhodiecub

[20]Dec 20, 2007
    The toes sketch is not on the dvd. So I guess the search goes on.