Sesame Street

Weekdays 7:00 AM on PBS Premiered Nov 10, 1969 In Season

Sherasbear

Sesame Street Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• Awesome.

A personal favorite for me when I was a kid. And I still love it. And I'm about to be in the 7th grade. It's great for children 3+. I highly recommend it to everybody. kgjk kgodgk kok o ko ko ko ko ko k ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok o ko ko ko k ok ok ok o ko koj o o jo jop ko ko ko ko l pl o oj oj o jo o jo jo jo
  • The best kid's show for when I was a munchkin!

This is the best kids show period! It revolves around these muppets that live on seseme street. Big Bird is a big yellow bird who is lucky because he doesn't have bird flu!
    Erney lives with his brother Bert (my old favorite charicter) Erney always had his favorite toy rubber ducky and Bert was always sceptical twords Erney.All the villagers of Seaseme Street are luvable especialy Elmo! Everyone's favorite villager and is probably the most popular charicter!!!
  • Oh I used to watch the show when I was little now I see it now and then when I flip the channel and Elmo OMG he's so adorable I saw him on rove live man he cracks me up and it showed the person who talked for him as well it made me love him even more.

Sesame Street boy it's a great learning show for little kids. When I was little I used to watch it wasn't my favourite but only recently elmo has came on well not that recently and started up elmos world oh he's so cute he was on rove live and he's so adorable and funny the man who talk's for him. But I don't think we get it on T.V anymore I ain't sure cause I'vr never looked to see it I haven't seen it in ages. I also love the Cookie monster he's quite funny to. Nah but elmo really made the show alot better. You gotta admitt it get's pretty boring at times when I was little it wouldn't always interest but man you gotta love Sesame Street!
  • Don't tell anyone about this.

Sesame Street is still awesome after being around for almost 40 years. I still watch this show, mostly because I don't have cable anymore, but I've grown to love this show with my favorite character being Big Bird, I admire this show for the education and the comedy, but mostly the comedy. This is tight and it always will be in my eyes at least. Anyways, this is my second favorite children's show compared to Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends, and one more thing, this show will live for milleniums, just like Thomas the Tank Engine.
  • I have an idea for a new show! Let's make some Puppets, and make some skits. And teach kids to Share, play, Their ABC's & 123's. CLASSIC!!

This Show is a Classic, It has been Since 1969. This has to be the king of kid's shows, this has Funny Charetars and It makes learning fun. I think this show should go for Many More years, and not get canceled for at least another 20. Big Bird, Grover, Snuffy, Burt, Ernie, Elmo ETC. are all good guys. But still, this show has dealt with a lot of issues, It's very funny, cute & it Desevers 10.10 for 40 Years of just that. Thank You Jim Henson!
  • My childhood pleasure.

Sesame Street is an excellent show for little kids. I really enjoyed watching this show as a little boy and sometimes Ill still watch it if nothing else is on to reflect on how much I used to love it. My favorite part of Sesame Street is all the weird music videos that little kids can sing along and dance too. My favorite character on sesame street was big bird because he was funny. My new favorite sketch is Elmo's World. It has a catchy tune that I think is fabulous and its really catchy for kids.

• Don’t Tell... High School, College and fear of utter social embarrassment has done nothing to help me kick this habit, in fact I’ve found people older than me that sing Sesame Street jingles Word of Word without a thought!

I’m nearly 20 and I still watch Sesame Street…

Growing up this was one staple of my TV diet - everyday as I rushed home from school this was what my little mind was occupied with. Sesame Street never went out of fashion for me - although I must admit things have changed and I’m not too in love with the current format. (Elmo seems to be the Donald Trump of Sesame Street.)

Back in yester year - Sesame Street had a bit of everything for everybody, for kids and their bored/trapped parents watching. It had luster and style and wasn’t like the brain rotting Kid’s programmes of today…Honestly I would feel INSULTED if my parent made me watch some of the drivel on TV.

Like a good friend who never left, Sesame Street has taken on new dimensions and although its face has changed – you can still see the embers of the ‘good old days’. It seems all those geniuses of my youth have passed on or just plain retired.

• What would parents do without shows like these to place Baby Jimmy and Baby Judy in front of the tube in order to get their chores done?

For over thirty years now, Sesame Street has been on the subconscious minds of America. The show is about as old as I am, yet it remains fresh and is sometimes even provocatuve especially when it has to explain things to children of today about topics like terrorism, war and economics. Sesame Street always finds a way to explain the difficult and complex lessons of today, as well as lessons in reading, writing and arithmetic without insulting the child's intelligence - or the adult in the room either. They always handle it and do so in such an entertaining way. The winner of numerous awards over the year's, Sesame Street goes down in television history as one of the longest running shows of it's kind and it doesn't look like it's about to lose any steam any time soon.
  • Going a little downhill.

Okay, I watch this when I\'m a little bored, but I\'ve noticed it\'s gone a little downhill. Cookie Monster now tries to stop eating cookies, The Count now has to sing every time he counts pretty much, and some other stuff. So, basically, this show has gone downhill from when I was little.
  • Great show for kids.

I grew up watching this show and I always remember this show when I think about my childhood,there I am sitting in front of the tv about 5 years old in my old house,not caring about anything in the world but fun,I would just sit there watching,laughing,and smiling in amusement.I of course don't watch it anymore I haven't seen it since I was about six years old I am 16 now.I just wanted to tell everybody that this is a great show for kids and can be a positive influence on them,I wish I could say the same for me,but these eye's aren't as innocent as they use to be.
  • Read Inside!!!

I don't want to alarm anyone, but this show is by far the greatest children's TV show in the past 40 years. Big Bird, Oscar, Grover, Elmo, The Count...so many characters, I could spend the entire day telling you how much I love them. I wish I could go to Sesame Street. I could have the best time of my life there. I'm sure Big Bird has a big...you know. And that Oscar...oh that Oscar make me wild!!! Oh and Elmo, that sexy red haired god of love is my favorite. If I could go to Elmo's world, I would be so happy. Learning about taking baths, the body parts, going potty...oh its soo invigorating. I'm a loss for words on how much passion we would have every night!!
  • of course this show is for kids. older people dont find this show good when they were smaller. with sesame street's way to manipulate kids to watching their show with fuzzy colours, learning puppets and animations, i'd say this show is pretty good. you ha

6.8
    sesame street has been around for a long time... it's still on today. its a great show for kids, teaching kids how to learn things, and doing it in a way kids like to see it... colours, puppets, and other weird things lol...im sure kids in the next generation would like this show, and im sure the kids are going to keep this show alive. characters such as big bird and elmo will be remembered... i have nothing else to say... i know the show does not really have a story line... of course it's an educational show... ok now i ahve nothing else to say... Go Away! Get off my Lawn!
  • i believe everyone watched this at one point......

Don\'t deny it.....you know you did when you were little...it\'s basically an alternative to preschool...you know learn your ABC\'s, count stuff, learn shapes, songs, a few spanish words now and all that...yeah....it\'s really good if you are a little kid....other than that...i don\'t know why you would be watching it.......unless....but overall...all the shiny and colorful stuff really grabs you attention.....especially Elmo....so the next generation of little kids will probably still be watching this and the next and the next and the next until either the world ends or pbs goes off the air.So if you love this kind of stuff or just like looking at your favorite puppet/ character in action, then this is the show for you. :)
  • This is a great show for kids to watch! My dad watched this show when he was only 5! There are lots of entertaining muffits! I like Elmo! How about you?

6.7
    This show is very A W S O M E !!!!!!!!!!!! This is a very influental show! It may seem boring to lots of people between the muppets sence! it seems boring to me and kinda creepy! but that doesnt stop me from watching it! My brother watches this show today and he is 1 year, 7 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day old! lol! So anyway this show is
    A W S O M E !!!!!!!
  • A great kids program using pupets and real people as well as animation.

A great kids program using pupets and real people as well as animation. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.
  • This show is absolutly perfect

I don't watch this show anymore but this show is great to watch for little children. This show has been running for 40 years and hopefully has a long run for its future.

Whoever is now reading this and is planning on teasing me for giving this show a 10 think back to when you were 4 or 3 or 2. Think of watching Seseme Street and the memories of how much you liked it. I even know some people who are in High School and still watch this show.

Seseme Street teaches children what first grade used to teach us. Teachers now expect students to come to school knowing their letters, numbers, etc. Some episodes are even good for the older audiance. Like when Mr. Hooper(or whatever his name was) died. I am sure everyone has suffered a loss. Or that episode from season 32 when the hurricane ripped through the neighborhood. They have now been showing that in re-runs for people to cope with Hurricane Katrina. They even made episodes for people to cope with 9/11.

Everyone holds special memories of this show. It is not like "Barney" or "Dora the Explorer" which gives you nightmares and make you run from the room in horror. In my opinion I think this is one of the best shows on television today even though I don't watch it anymore.
  • If you want a good kids show with PROPER educational values, check this show out and not that Barney crap!

7.4
    This show has to be the best kids show ever! Seriously now. It is good, clever and is waaaaaayyyy better than the cruddy Teletubbies or the so-called educational freak Barney. The characters don't make people want to rip their eyes out. In fact, these characters are actually GOOD! There's Big Bird, the Cookie Monster and the rest of them who actually bring back good memories bacause I grew up with this show and I'm not ashamed of the fact either!

Overall, if you want a nice, entertaining show for all ages, then watch this. I swear this is a million times better than those other shows you've all seen like Teletubbies, Barney, Boobah etc.
  • Four decades old and going strong

Despite the many changes Sesame Street is going through after the late 80's and 90's, it still will be the most educational and influential show I have ever watched. There's no one in the world who doesn't Sesame Street. NO ONE. Even when I was in my late teens, fellow school mates were singing the many showtunes that I know and love.

Sesame Street deserves a 20/20 and will never die. Period
  • Ahhhh, if only the world were as happy as Sesame Street.

Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover, Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Zoe, Telly Monster, Snuffy, Baby Bear. These are just a few of the classic characters that walk down Sesame Street. It really is impressive when an adult can get a kick out of the same show as a child. This show has humor, intelligence and heart. It teaches how if the world were like Sesame Street - it would be a peaceful, loving place. Elmo is probably my favorite all time character. What a cute and adorable little red furry monster . . . he is so sweet. The voice performed by Kevin Clash is classic. I never want to see him in behind the scenes work though . . . that would be weird to associate some dude with being the voice of Elmo. Kermit the Frog used to work on the street as well - I don't think I have seen him on there lately . . . but honestly I haven't been able to watch in a long time. Kermit is one of my all time favorite Jim Henson characters. Anyway, in case some new parent out there has lived in a cave and never seen Sesame Street before . . . feel happy to sit your kid down in front of the TV for a change . . . and actually sit down yourself and enjoy the show. "Can you tell me how to get - how to get to Sesame Street?!"
  • Very educational for the little ones.

I have been seeing the educational show since I was small and today, it still airs and very much, I have to say that it has a lot to offer for the little ones. The show really expresses many things that little children can learn, from the ABCs, counting, and getting along with others. Very much well put, the show makes children learn in a silly and intertaining way that they would understand. For that, I support that.
  • I grew watching Sesame Street, and 30 years later my son has learned so much! he talks because of Sesame Street, thank you!!!!

I am so thankful for Sesame Street, my baby watches it every morning and has learned so much. At one point I was concerned because he refused to say ANY words and now, he tries to count, he dances to Elmo's world, and is saying many many words. I am so blessed when I see him learning in such a fun way. Thank YOU!
  • Greatest children show ever

This show has been around for a reletivly long time and has stayed the best children's show ever. The show teaches you anything and everything from counting in spanish to not being afraid of monsters. This show is great with amazing characters and plotlines for the kids. Where else can you find a cookie eating monster who is friendly and lovable?
  • This show was watched my me, and my friends when we were little, now we are entertaining our children with the same characters that we loved and has introduced some new ones.

The perfect babysitter. You can always be rest assured that when you turn on for your children thtat you don't have to worry about what's on.
    It's important toalso watch with your kids so you can talk about what they learned..ie the letter of the day.
    Elmo for some reason has and does captivate the heart of my babies, and it's fun watching them laugh while watching.
  • This is such a great show, not only for kids but adults as well

Wow, this show is awesome. I love this show and watch it everytime I get. Lalalala Elmos World!!!!!!!! This show is number 1 and in my view will always be the number one show on PBS kids! Elmo is so cute. I also like Big bird. Yaay! Keep up the great show!
  • Sesame Street is a magical place where adults, children, and muppets interact to both educate and entertain the young (and young at heart)

*NOTE: Review based on pre-Elmo Sesame Street*

A fantastic show...the best of its kind. Educational features that teach everything from counting, colors, shapes, and even a few words in Spanish are broken up by comic relief provided by Ernie and Bert, Grover, Oscar the Grouch, and the rest of the captivating muppets. I truly loved this show, and have a soft spot in my heart for Ernie even to this day (I'm 30+)
  • Sesame Street was, in short, the greatest kid's TV show of all time. Yuh-huh.

I always watched Sesame Street with my Grampy as a child. It's got so many fun, friendly and recogniseable characters, such as Oscar the Grouch, who's a moody old soul, and good old Elmo, who is your stereotypical best-friend, but in a cuddly red puppet - amazing appeal for youngsters. Whilst being entertainned and having your heart warmed with the muppety Sesame Street regulars, kids are educated without even realising, as they sing along to The Count's mathematical sing-songs aswell as the ever-so-catchy theme tune which tells you "how to get to Sesame Street!" See, even reading or writing those six words you're instantly hooked into singing a merry tune or two! :) Overall, EVERY kid should have the opportunity to grow up with the greats of Sesame Street. BRING IT BACK, CHANNEL 4!!! A good old 7am or 11.30am slot as before will be sufficient, thank you.
  • Wickedly Awsome!!!!

This show is the best show on television today. Where else can you go to watch a big yellow bird argue with a green monster in a trash can.... Well that might be on the next episode of lost or you might be able to find it somewhere while you are high but the best place to find it is sesame street!!!!
  • EVERYONE SHOULD GET THIS ON DVD

Hello this is Father Denis Eastmont again I am promoting this show. It teaches everyone how to live an honest life. I give it a perfect because it helped me convert Junicle the leader of a high gang in New York. He has now accepted his mexican heritage and can leave with himself because of that one episode that we all loved. Big Bird Brings Mexico to Sesame Street. I Hope You All Enjoy the DVD!
  • No 1 and always will be.

As far as kids shows go Sesame Street is the king. Nothing will ever come close to what this show has done for generations over the past 30 odd years (and still counting)

Speaking of Counting! Who loved the Count?! I never understood what was so funny about counting, but he certainly made it exciting.

Then theres the lovable little red monster Elmo, who is absolutely huge now with many toys out.

Big Bird, Snuffy, Grover, Oscar, The list goes on! so many great characters who taught us so many things. (Proof that there is something educational about TV)

Bert and Ernie are brilliant. Much like many comedy duos one would often bounce jokes off the other.

In Summary there is no amount of superlatives that can descirbe Sesame Street! Its a rare TV show in that it will never grow old (only the people who watch it will) generations will come and go, but Sesame Street will hopefully stick around and teach more kids how to count, spell and do all sorts of other things.
  • Sesame Street is the best children's show ever!

Sesame Street has taught me how to say the alphabet and count when I was small. My favorite characters are Cookie Monster, The Count, Prairie Dawn, Ernie, Bert, and Elmo. Cookie Monster is now teaching the letter of the day and sometimes Prairie Dawn. The Count teaches the number of the day with either his counting organ or his singing to Countess von Backwards, her girlfriend. I think these new methods of showing viewers what is the letter and number of the day is better than what it used to be. Anyways as I was saying, Sesame Street is the best children's show ever! I'm telling you Sesame Street will last forever and will continue to teach kids. I kknow sometimes it may seem inappropriate at times like how Cookie Monster eats and when Don Music used to bang his head on his piano but it is just humor like the parodies and skits like Monsterpiece Theatre. These parts are just to make kids laugh. Sesame Street is the best!
1 2 3 4