Sesame Street

Weekdays 7:00 AM on PBS Premiered Nov 10, 1969 In Season

Sherasbear

Sesame Street Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? This show is about the Muppets who live on Sesame Street, co-existing with the humans that live there. They teach the viewers about different foods, letters, numbers and more!

This show has been around forever, and I'm glad it has. I've watched Sesame Street since I was a baby and it still retains it's great taste. The show is well-cast and the show is putting a twist on educational TV. This show is very good and I hope that it keeps airing for a long time to come.
  • I was raised on this show and have had an affinity for furry monsters ever since :)

I watched this show religiously as a child and I am a big supporter of all that it does for children all over the world. Out of sheer boredom, I turned it on the other day and was glad to see that not TOO MUCH had changed. Elmo was using e-mail and Cookie Monster was eating a fair balance of cookies and veggies, but other than that it still retains its value :)
    TWO THUMBS UP, SESAME STREET!!
  • Sesame Street Rocks!

Not only is this show family friendly, but it is culturally friendly as well. Beginning with Linda teaching us sign language in the 70’s & learning that aqua was water at the age of 4 (and that was in the 70’s when second languages were not common) Sesame Street now introduces children to topics that otherwise might not be brought to light until the early school years, such as the death of Mr. Hooper, which helped with my own personal experience at that time. Watching the newer shows that also have older clips such as the doodle bugs or Hi Ho Kermit The Frog as the roving reporter brings fond memories along with the bonus that your children are learning without even knowing it. Ernie & Bert being best friends & room mates isn’t really such a big deal, after all, how many of us had same sex room mates in dorms or our first apartments? If people could simply “Sing a Song” or “Come & Play” without putting so much thought into things, maybe the world would be a happier place & places like Sesame Street might actually exist somewhere in the world. By the by, The Muppets are way cool too!
    My Letter of the day is K & my number of the day is 1.
  • It is educational. What can I say?!

7.7
    I am one of billions of children who have watched this show. In my case, it was the 80s version that influenced me. I think I watched it for 4 years but I am not exactly sure how long I really did. It basically tought me the basics of learning and exposed me to Big Bird, Ernie and Bert, Elmo, and Cookie Monster. I can say that Ernie and Bert were like two of my most recent roomates at college. Bert was like Ben, who was smart and cynical, and Ernie was like Matt, who was funny and wild. Elmo is still the most popular character from the show. After a while, the show got boring for me and I moved on. I also watched "Eureka's Castle" which was on during the same period.
  • The Best!

I grew up watching this show and let me say it is one of the best out there. I learned how to count, sing, act, classify things, and draw. This is a great show for children to watch to find learning fun and interactive. I love the characters like Elmo, Oscar, Miss Piggy, and Kermit the frog! I used to collect those little dolls when I was younger. Although, there has been research that claim that children that watched this show back in the 80s now have a shorter-attention span because they used to just show fast clicks, which in a way makes sense. Recently the skits are longer and trying to correct that by taking those measures.
  • I have niece's, nephews, and know lots of little kids that watch this show. I myself hadn't seen the show since the 80's but when I watch it when I take care of Niece's and Nephews it mustn't be that bad if it's been running for 35 years.

PBS has the best show's for little kids. I grew up on this show for a reason. It is able to send a good message to kids and adults. I remember that when I used to watch this show, they had a song called "The People in your neigbhorhood". I remember Big Bird, and all the other characters. Plus the character of Elmo. He was huge when Tickle me Elmo came out. This show is great for little children. Instead of watching Bear in the Big Blue House, or other shows little children should watch this show, because it sends good messages. If it wasn't for this show I probably wouldn't be as smart as I am today. Great show.
  • There is something about Sesame Street that really brings the kid out of you no matter what age you are. In the age of reality television, it is great to have such a timeless masterpiece such as Sesame Street still in existence.

Presentation
    As a show, Sesame Street is known for it's style of bringing celebrities, innovative characters, and social issues into an environment of learning and understanding.

Educational Value
    Sesame Street is one of the founding fathers of learning on television for children. Unlike most other shows, Sesame Street deals with concepts of learning and does not try to force the viewer understand, instead it speaks to the viewer in a way they could understand. It makes kids -want- to watch the show, rather then feel like they are forced to.

Characters
    Sesame street has a wide array of characters- Many shapes, sizes, voices, personalities feel the screen. The presence of Elmo rivals that of Mickey Mouse and other characterss.

Overall
    This is a show that will live throughout the ages. Many of us have watched the show ourselfs and will have our kids watch it. This is a must for anyone with children.

-Jago
  • Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

Put 20 people in a room and they would all have either seen or heard of Sesame Street. From cute creatures to a rememberal theme song, Sesame street as been a favorite show since it first came out. Some of my earlyiest memories is watching Sesame street. Children(or children at heart) will be watching Sesame Street for years and years to come.
  • The first 25 years are the best, but Sesame Street will always remain one of my favorite shows.

I adore Sesame Street. I love it so much I watched the show regualrly until I was about 25. I still tune in now and again. It has helped to form the person I am today by teaching me fundamentals such as respect for others, to be kind, that it's ok to question things, that imagination is a gift and needs to be used regularly and so much more.

It's not that hard to define the special quality that made Sesame Street so special to me and millions of others. Integrity. The people who made this show honestly wanted to be a force of good for children. Marketing, spreadhsheets and other business concerns simply did not factor into the decisions they made. They made a show from their hearts.

In recent years the show has seen some major changes. Changes that I don't care for. Changes that I feel don't honor the integrity the show had when it began. Watching teh show now, you can almost hear the poll results coming in and dictating the direction the show should go. Gone are the days when being a force of good was enough, now they need to appear hip so they can sell merchandise.

But enough of that. It cant and wont change my love of those magical first 25 years. Sesame Street will always be a HUGE part of my life and I thank every single person who gave their heart and soul to the show.
  • In recent years..Sessme St. has been giving alot of airtime on the show..and the adults' involvement on the program is little more than serving as streightmen for these puppets.
    1.2
    In recent years..Sesme St.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s

focus has been giving The Muppets

more airtime on the show.

The reason for this is The

CTW belives that the kids just

will not listen to the adults on

the show.

They\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d rather be entertained

and informed by these puppets.

Hence.

Henson\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s creations relate

better to the kids.

That\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s The Children\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s TV

Workshop\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s opinion.

My opinion is..That is Nonsense!

The Muppets can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t hog the whole

show..there are some adults,who

are difficult for the kids to deal

with.

But there are some..who know

how to communicate with them.

If Sessme St. is to continue

bringing better kids tv?

The Adults and The Muppets

should share the stage.

• This show has always been one of my favorites.

Sesame Street has been one of my favorite childhood shows. Even now, as a 18 year old collge freshman, I still tune in every now and then. As a kid, I thought the monsters were real and I wanted to live there. I was even lucky enough to catch some of the very old episodes on Noggin every weekend and would stay up and watch it. The show is a classic and I hope its around for many years to come.
  • Sesame street is one of the coolest shows ever!!!!

I have been watching sesame street for like a long time it is so cute to see Big Bird and Elmo it is one of the cutest shows i have ever seen but the thing is nobody knows i like to watch it it is one of my "DEEP DARK SECRETS" and one time i was watching it and my best friend Brandon came over (AKA: my boyfriend) and saw me watching it he said that it was so childish and he broke up with me so after that everybody knew i liked to watch that show. And i was even teesed a lot so i dont watch that anymore and now every1 knows i like it!
  • It rocks

I love Sesame Street. I\'m 17 years old and I have been watching it since I was born. It is very cute and funny, even now. It taught me a lot as a little kid and I hope it stays around for when I have kids. I love Snuffy, although he is never on the show anymore, but the other characters are just as great. Just take sometime and watch this show, I remember my mom watching it with me and my sister. If she could enjoy it, Im sure anyone else can too.
1 2 3 4 >