Sesame Street

Weekdays 7:00 AM on PBS Premiered Nov 10, 1969 In Season

Sherasbear

Sesame Street Fan Reviews (103)

• One of the ONLY good show for younger audiences out there!

Seriously, this isn't one of THOSE shows, with the annoying songs, repetition, and pretty much breaks the fourth wall. This show is actually SAFE for your kids to watch. I grew up with this show and I still watch it in some occasions.
  • Sesame Street really means "The World"

A classic show that everyone will remember! I've learned so many things and hopefully I will teach things that I've learned from Sesame Street to them. Really educational and entertaining!
  • Best show on TV

This is the best show for kids on TV among all channels. Educational, related to real life, teaches good manners and friendship, shows how to be honest, sincere and open without being embarrassed, how to ask adults (why it is good!) if you are a kid. I love this show. It is absolutely the best.
  • A amazing show for both children and adults can enjoy.

This show is an example of how shows for toddlers should be. I think that this show is so much better than Dora the Explorer, for one thing this show actually teaches kids stuff and the songs are clever and catchy. It's good to see that the Dora virus has not touched this show because many shows for toddlers have been infected. But this show has a lot of memorable moments too. Personal I will never for get Put Down the Duckie. Anyways this show is very good for toddlers. So turn off that Dora and turn on Sesame Street for your toddlers!!!
  • One of the best shows for little kids that's ever been created.

When I was little, this was one of the very first tv shows I ever saw and I've always loved it. It's enjoyable for pretty much any kid and as a teenager, I still love watching it because it feels like a re-living some of my childhood memories. After seeing it again, it seems more hilarious then I remembered it. As a kid, Elmo was always one of my favorite charactors since he's like the funnest ones for kids and Cookie Monster is also an enjoyable charactor since it's always funny how he's absessed with cookies and eating everything. I think the funniest charactors are Earnie and Bert since it's always hilarious how Earnie ends up annoying Bert whenever he's trying to sleep, read or anything. 'Sesame Street' has alot of fun music videos to watch like 'C is For Cookie', 'Monster in the Mirror' and such. Some of the songs are beautiful, some of them are catchy and some of them are comical. I love how they do different parody songs like for example how they parody Maddona's 'Material Girl' as 'Cereal Girl'. Despite the fact that this is a show meant to be for little kids, I still think it's alot of fun for the whole family to enjoy.
  • I learned sign language from watching Sesame Street.

Thanks to Linda Bove I have learned lots of sign language from her I have a cousin who is deaf and I have talked sign language to him. I also have a friend that is deaf and her and I talk sign language lots. I have learned how to do The Lord's Prayer and the Amercian Anthem and God Bless America. I now know over 5000 words.I can even do Oh Canada in sign language and Silnet Night too. Everyday after school I would watch Sesame Street. Linda and Bob. I even learned some Spanish too from Maria and Luis.
  • How many fourteen year olds still watch this show?

I'm gonna be up front about this show:At fourteen years old I still watch it.There's something very charming about a street filled with some of the friendliest people,monsters and animals you'll ever see.The cast is still wonderful,the puppets are endearing(Elmo and Big bird fan) and the guest stars are wonderful.The resent(maybe a month ago) segment with Feist was well writen.Even if you're an adult you can enjoy this.There's something for everyone in this little kids show.I give it a 10/10 because even teenagers(And older)can enjoy this.So now....Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?Kyoto Angel signing out.Bye bye now.
  • This show learns kids of everything (as I can remember)...

This is show of my childhood!! I don't remember it very much now, because it's not longer show in polish TV, but it's BRILLIANT!! Me and my siblings just couldn't live without it... My favorite character is Big Bird (I don't know is it good, in Polish we call him ŻÓŁTODZIÓB xD). For little kids this show is just really cool, because big toys are talking about brand new things, so how they CAN'T learn it?? I think any one, who came up with idea of this show was really clever. I will adore this person to my death... I think I could watch it now, with no problems!
  • Learning English is always fun if you're surrounded with colorful monster :)

First of all, I came from a non English speaking country.
    So, this show is the few thing that make my English learning really fun. With the sing a long, spelling, et cetera I just can wait for the next letter or number to be introduce.
    My personal favorite will be Bert and Ernie, because despite all their differences, they truly are the best of friend.
    And then there is Kermit and Ms Piggy, the true love of all time. As I grown up, I still love this show, I watched it with my nieces and nephew now. Learning is always fun with Big Bird, Elmo and friends.
  • No summary. Please read the review.

I loved this show ever since I was a kid! Big Bird, The Cookie Monster, and Oscar. The rest of the gang too, are all very special. They are only puppets and people in costumes but they delight you in so many ways. This show is a trendsetter to those other bad shows. I like this show becuase they make you laugh. I know the show is for kids but I am an adult and I still like it! A better show than SpongeBob, I can't beleive I said that but I know its true. This is just a great show!
  • Any user that comes across this should report this to a moderator or administrator so that this can be deleted.

There has been no entry made in this space. Any user that comes across this should report this to a moderator or administrator so that this can be deleted. Again, no entry has been made in this space. Please report this to a moderator, administrator, or other staff member so that this can be dealt with accordingly. Any and all help is appreciated helping to maintain this site and keep it free of such errors and mistakes. This user would like this message removed because no entry has been made here; it is simply taking up unnecessary space on the site.
  • this show is the best it gets better evey season. from the stuffed toys to the real-human chracters. this show even taught me a little to count and read. this shopw need to go on for generations.I LOVE IT!!!-DOWN TO EVERY LAST CHRACTER

sdr rdtfgfyhgjhgjhk njyui huy uuyu nh hgh g nghh gh nyuyhbfnmd d,glg lf,g l fd,g l,vg fl ,b lf vbf vfdoof dmgiof mh ohogp hlhk nghjy ,k b b bbbbb bbordyoprtjo bpg mgph vgf dpmg bog bogh gogt g og vf v;fdg gtohmgogmhouy t95 gig mg nmjhl;m tpg , d-g m ngph t[ph,h g;pgh gpfg gf[f fdg[phh gph h[ b[gfgh,gghofjcsod vof fiodd
  • Complete Education and Entertaining.

This show has taught me a lot growing up and now it is teaching my son a lot. As the years go by and more things are happening in the world SS takes things from that so that the kids can understand it better which is really good. My son has learned how to do sign language from watching this show. And he loves Elmo.
  • Sesame Street has many characters and many things to learn on it. It teaches kids things like manners to the alphabet. It is the best show for preschoolers on TV!

Sesame Street is unexplainable to me. As a little kid, I was over obsessed and couldn't get enough. Now seeing my little kids watch it makes me joyous inside. The bright smiles light up on their faces when they learn something new or figure out a solution. It makes me kind of sad that they changed "Cookie Monster" to "Veggie Monster". I know it is for the best, but it is hard to see one of my favorite characters gone. It does help my kids eat their veggies though, on their little "Veggie Monster" plates [which actually are "Cookie Monster" plates]. Sesame Street makes a preschoolers day light up!
  • Well it must be doing something right if it has been around for more than 40 years.

This show is the perfect show for little kids growing up. I remember Sesame Street for as Long as I can remember. Well I'm only 13 and it has been around for more than 40 years. My favorite character was always Snuffalupagus. I watched Sesame street until I was 6 occasionally I watch it when I baby sit my cousin who is 2. What I like is that they sometimes have celebraties on the show. The show teaches kids to accept people no matter who they might be. But I think it was a bad idea to have baby sesame street cause babies aren't ment to watch tv.
    Overall best children's show ever and it will probably continue for more years to come.
    Peace out.
  • Educational for preschoolers.

I\'d recomend this show to everyone. I have a two year old Cousin that LOVES Sesame Street. He just loves Elmo and the gang. Just seeing his face light up is all I need to know. And he\'s learning alot. You know your child is learning when he repeats numbers and letters. I hope Seasme Street will be around for many generations to come.
  • This show is very good for children!

This show is so good it's about a bunch of critters who go on kinda like adventures the critters name's are Elmo, Erney, Bert,Zue,and Big Bird not only that this show is fun for children but it also teaches them how to count,spell,and learn their abc's this show has also been around for a while parents if your trying to find a show for your youngster try this is such a good show!

and this is from a 10 year old!
  • well elmo oscar zoey coutn bat thing big bird!! everyone of my favorite characters was in it!! adn they did the usal stuff by teching kids there numbers and stuff!

from elmo to oscar they rock!! i love seasme street! !do they live on a street calle that because i think so! well yeah this was my favorite show ever since i was a little tiny kid!! and it stayed my favorite show till now!!!! Zoey is my favorite she is orange and looks like elmo but i sooo much better!! i have a seasime street pencil and i use it every day at school! isnt that awsome!! elmo is red and big bird is scary!! never stop showing this show!! i learn a letter each day!! and numbers!! ok well the elaphant tgingis my favorite but they say that his name is bad!! if it was bad they wouldnt have it on a kids show!!that is soooo sad dont u think!! welll ok admitt im crazy anad it really isnt my favorite show but i do love *************** whose name i dont know how to spell!!

i used stars cuz i cant call him by his name ont eh site!! he is the elephant guy!! ok!! got it!!
  • A spectacular show for kids and adults alike!

I've been watching Sesame Street since I was two, and I'm still watching it with my nephew whose four... and I'm fourteen! This is a must see for kids when they are old enough for TV. It's educational, fun, interesting, and always has something new to learn. When ever I get really bored, I can flip to PBS and watvh Sesame Street. (Or any other great show on PBS!!!) So when you need to plop your kid down, but don't want to put something on that's even more brain- rotting than TV already is, turn on Sesame Street, and relax- your kids are in good hands.
  • Ahhh,the only good show for preschoolers

All right i know Sesame Street has been called ''gay'' but it is'nt it's a good show for kids to enjoy i don't like the show though but i don't think it sucks but i think it is great for preschoolers and Bert and Ernie are really good entertainment for toddlers people call these guys gay when there just puppets on an educational show and Elmo really gets the little ones going loads of Sesame street fans love it yet this is a great show for preschoolers unlike Bob the Builder and Barney.
  • Long-time kids' show keeps going strong!

I have loved this show as a kid when it is now passed onto from one generation to another as my nephews and nieces really loved or used to love this show. And no doubt when they are parents they will pass this onto their chldren. Great educational show and also very cute with characters and humans.
  • One of the best, if not the best, children\'s program. I like many grew up watching Sesame Street and I\'m thrilled to see the newest generations are still watching. I am curious about

One of the best, if not the best, children\'s program. I like many grew up watching Sesame Street and I\'m thrilled to see the newest generations are still watching. I am curious about one: why isn\'t Caroll Spinney mentioned in the cast and crew? He has been Big Bird for over thirty years (from the very beginning actually). You\'d like a Living Legend would be recognize for his contribution in the cast list.
  • Awesome.

A personal favorite for me when I was a kid. And I still love it. And I'm about to be in the 7th grade. It's great for children 3+. I highly recommend it to everybody. kgjk kgodgk kok o ko ko ko ko ko k ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok o ko ko ko k ok ok ok o ko koj o o jo jop ko ko ko ko l pl o oj oj o jo o jo jo jo
  • I have an idea for a new show! Let's make some Puppets, and make some skits. And teach kids to Share, play, Their ABC's & 123's. CLASSIC!!

This Show is a Classic, It has been Since 1969. This has to be the king of kid's shows, this has Funny Charetars and It makes learning fun. I think this show should go for Many More years, and not get canceled for at least another 20. Big Bird, Grover, Snuffy, Burt, Ernie, Elmo ETC. are all good guys. But still, this show has dealt with a lot of issues, It's very funny, cute & it Desevers 10.10 for 40 Years of just that. Thank You Jim Henson!
  • My childhood pleasure.

Sesame Street is an excellent show for little kids. I really enjoyed watching this show as a little boy and sometimes Ill still watch it if nothing else is on to reflect on how much I used to love it. My favorite part of Sesame Street is all the weird music videos that little kids can sing along and dance too. My favorite character on sesame street was big bird because he was funny. My new favorite sketch is Elmo's World. It has a catchy tune that I think is fabulous and its really catchy for kids.

• Read Inside!!!

I don't want to alarm anyone, but this show is by far the greatest children's TV show in the past 40 years. Big Bird, Oscar, Grover, Elmo, The Count...so many characters, I could spend the entire day telling you how much I love them. I wish I could go to Sesame Street. I could have the best time of my life there. I'm sure Big Bird has a big...you know. And that Oscar...oh that Oscar make me wild!!! Oh and Elmo, that sexy red haired god of love is my favorite. If I could go to Elmo's world, I would be so happy. Learning about taking baths, the body parts, going potty...oh its soo invigorating. I'm a loss for words on how much passion we would have every night!!
  • This show is absolutly perfect

I don't watch this show anymore but this show is great to watch for little children. This show has been running for 40 years and hopefully has a long run for its future.

Whoever is now reading this and is planning on teasing me for giving this show a 10 think back to when you were 4 or 3 or 2. Think of watching Seseme Street and the memories of how much you liked it. I even know some people who are in High School and still watch this show.

Seseme Street teaches children what first grade used to teach us. Teachers now expect students to come to school knowing their letters, numbers, etc. Some episodes are even good for the older audiance. Like when Mr. Hooper(or whatever his name was) died. I am sure everyone has suffered a loss. Or that episode from season 32 when the hurricane ripped through the neighborhood. They have now been showing that in re-runs for people to cope with Hurricane Katrina. They even made episodes for people to cope with 9/11.

Everyone holds special memories of this show. It is not like "Barney" or "Dora the Explorer" which gives you nightmares and make you run from the room in horror. In my opinion I think this is one of the best shows on television today even though I don't watch it anymore.
  • Four decades old and going strong

Despite the many changes Sesame Street is going through after the late 80's and 90's, it still will be the most educational and influential show I have ever watched. There's no one in the world who doesn't Sesame Street. NO ONE. Even when I was in my late teens, fellow school mates were singing the many showtunes that I know and love.

Sesame Street deserves a 20/20 and will never die. Period
  • Very educational for the little ones.

I have been seeing the educational show since I was small and today, it still airs and very much, I have to say that it has a lot to offer for the little ones. The show really expresses many things that little children can learn, from the ABCs, counting, and getting along with others. Very much well put, the show makes children learn in a silly and intertaining way that they would understand. For that, I support that.
  • I grew watching Sesame Street, and 30 years later my son has learned so much! he talks because of Sesame Street, thank you!!!!

I am so thankful for Sesame Street, my baby watches it every morning and has learned so much. At one point I was concerned because he refused to say ANY words and now, he tries to count, he dances to Elmo's world, and is saying many many words. I am so blessed when I see him learning in such a fun way. Thank YOU!
< 1 2 3 4