Sesame Street

Weekdays 7:00 AM on PBS Premiered Nov 10, 1969 In Season

Sherasbear

Sesame Street Fan Reviews (107)

• Longest running children's television program for a good reason.

Sesame Street, is, in a word, sensational. The show itself has been educating two generations since 1969, and has inspired multiple movies, spin-offs and parodies. As a child, I watched Sesame Street and I never lost my attention span. I was attracted to the show for it's humor, intersting situations, and the fun characters that make up Sesame Street.

The characters have switched and changed throughout the thirty-seven seasons of Sesame Street. Some departed, such as muppet Roosevelt Franklin, and some have newly arrived, like fairy Abby Cadabby. The muppets are iconic, and have appeared in numerous medias. The most iconic, it seems, is Elmo, the furry red monster who talks in third person. I am a bit irked that the show has devoted the last quarter to present the world of Elmo speaking of himself as "Elmo," possibly being a negative influence on a child viewer's grammar. However, the character of Elmo has brought so much popularity that it seems as if Sesame Street thanked him by giving him alone time at the end. Fortunately, the rest of the characters talk properly and the young viewers should turn out fine.

Another thing I praise Sesame Street for is it's parodies of popular culture, as well as it's special guest appearances. I recall not understanding a thing when a Law and Order skit appeared on Sesame Street, but my parents were watching with a grin swept across their face. I appreciate the show for bringing references to keep older viewers interested, as well as celebrity guests that only older viewers should be aware of.

Most of all, I beleive Sesame Street succeeds in teaching young children not to discriminate against other races. While the human members of Sesame Street are racially diverse, all of the muppets and monsters are of different colors too. The differences pave the way for discussions with parents later about people being different, and I praise Sesame Street for bringing up such a conversation without making it a huge topic of an episode.

All in all, Sesame Street is a children's television show that changed children's television as we know it. Hopefully, and most likely, Sesame Street wil make many more seasons that will reach get another generation.
  • How many fourteen year olds still watch this show?

I'm gonna be up front about this show:At fourteen years old I still watch it.There's something very charming about a street filled with some of the friendliest people,monsters and animals you'll ever see.The cast is still wonderful,the puppets are endearing(Elmo and Big bird fan) and the guest stars are wonderful.The resent(maybe a month ago) segment with Feist was well writen.Even if you're an adult you can enjoy this.There's something for everyone in this little kids show.I give it a 10/10 because even teenagers(And older)can enjoy this.So now....Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?Kyoto Angel signing out.Bye bye now.
  • A amazing show for both children and adults can enjoy.

This show is an example of how shows for toddlers should be. I think that this show is so much better than Dora the Explorer, for one thing this show actually teaches kids stuff and the songs are clever and catchy. It's good to see that the Dora virus has not touched this show because many shows for toddlers have been infected. But this show has a lot of memorable moments too. Personal I will never for get Put Down the Duckie. Anyways this show is very good for toddlers. So turn off that Dora and turn on Sesame Street for your toddlers!!!
  • One of the best shows for little kids that's ever been created.

When I was little, this was one of the very first tv shows I ever saw and I've always loved it. It's enjoyable for pretty much any kid and as a teenager, I still love watching it because it feels like a re-living some of my childhood memories. After seeing it again, it seems more hilarious then I remembered it. As a kid, Elmo was always one of my favorite charactors since he's like the funnest ones for kids and Cookie Monster is also an enjoyable charactor since it's always funny how he's absessed with cookies and eating everything. I think the funniest charactors are Earnie and Bert since it's always hilarious how Earnie ends up annoying Bert whenever he's trying to sleep, read or anything. 'Sesame Street' has alot of fun music videos to watch like 'C is For Cookie', 'Monster in the Mirror' and such. Some of the songs are beautiful, some of them are catchy and some of them are comical. I love how they do different parody songs like for example how they parody Maddona's 'Material Girl' as 'Cereal Girl'. Despite the fact that this is a show meant to be for little kids, I still think it's alot of fun for the whole family to enjoy.
  • No summary. Please read the review.

I loved this show ever since I was a kid! Big Bird, The Cookie Monster, and Oscar. The rest of the gang too, are all very special. They are only puppets and people in costumes but they delight you in so many ways. This show is a trendsetter to those other bad shows. I like this show becuase they make you laugh. I know the show is for kids but I am an adult and I still like it! A better show than SpongeBob, I can't beleive I said that but I know its true. This is just a great show!
  • Oh my god! As the first show I ever saw, i had LOADS of nostalgic moments!

When I was young, this was the first show I'd seen, and it was like a school of fun! It was a cute show about imaginitive and frankly, cute puppets all living in 123 Sesame Street.... uh, state? But, anyways, they made learning fun and, after going back to the roots, I think it's time if I talked about it.

A one-houre series going for longer than the Simpsons, Sesame Street had the cute and imaginable characters we know and love. The storyline is short, but it makes up with cathcy lessions, music, and characters you would reach out and hug.

Overall, if you had watch the show, chances are, you'll still remembered it as the first show you ever saw.
  • Sesame Street has many characters and many things to learn on it. It teaches kids things like manners to the alphabet. It is the best show for preschoolers on TV!

Sesame Street is unexplainable to me. As a little kid, I was over obsessed and couldn't get enough. Now seeing my little kids watch it makes me joyous inside. The bright smiles light up on their faces when they learn something new or figure out a solution. It makes me kind of sad that they changed "Cookie Monster" to "Veggie Monster". I know it is for the best, but it is hard to see one of my favorite characters gone. It does help my kids eat their veggies though, on their little "Veggie Monster" plates [which actually are "Cookie Monster" plates]. Sesame Street makes a preschoolers day light up!
  • Look into the exciting world of Sesame Street. Meet Elmo, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert and more. Sesame Street is a great, educational show for kids.

Meet Elmo, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert, Grover, Big Bird, Zoe, Telly, Count von Count, Oscar the Grouch and more. Sesame Street is one of the best shows out there for kids, they are able to interact with the show, it is very educational but fun. The person behind the idea of Sesame Street is a genius. The characters and the plot are great. When I was younger I would always tune into it with my Elmo doll in my hand. Overall Sesame Street is a sensational show, that, hopefully will go on and on. Two thumbs up from me. Enjoy it!
  • I grew up watching this show and learned so much from it. I love it!!!

Sesame Street is one of the best little kid shows ever. I grew up watching it, and ever now, years later, it's still on the air and has retained it's great quality. The ways they teach kids are so creative, fun, and effective. The show also has some of the most famous and loveable characters; Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert and Ernie. They made the show a classic. Even to this day, if I'm bored and there's nothing else on TV, I'll turn on Sesame Street and watch the whole episode. :P It's that good. Lol. I've always loved Sesame Street, and probably always will.
  • A Real Classic for Children

Who knew the Big Bird would be such a big hit?! Or the diva Ms. Piggy?! Well, they were amazing characters to me as a kid and even now... let the Sesame Street teach your kids a thing or to on how to be funny, and have fun with all types of "animals". Yup, they don't make shows like this anymore... and I wish they really did.
  • Best show on TV

This is the best show for kids on TV among all channels. Educational, related to real life, teaches good manners and friendship, shows how to be honest, sincere and open without being embarrassed, how to ask adults (why it is good!) if you are a kid. I love this show. It is absolutely the best.
  • This show learns kids of everything (as I can remember)...

This is show of my childhood!! I don't remember it very much now, because it's not longer show in polish TV, but it's BRILLIANT!! Me and my siblings just couldn't live without it... My favorite character is Big Bird (I don't know is it good, in Polish we call him ŻÓŁTODZIÓB xD). For little kids this show is just really cool, because big toys are talking about brand new things, so how they CAN'T learn it?? I think any one, who came up with idea of this show was really clever. I will adore this person to my death... I think I could watch it now, with no problems!
  • Learning English is always fun if you're surrounded with colorful monster :)

First of all, I came from a non English speaking country.
    So, this show is the few thing that make my English learning really fun. With the sing a long, spelling, et cetera I just can wait for the next letter or number to be introduce.
    My personal favorite will be Bert and Ernie, because despite all their differences, they truly are the best of friend.
    And then there is Kermit and Ms Piggy, the true love of all time. As I grown up, I still love this show, I watched it with my nieces and nephew now. Learning is always fun with Big Bird, Elmo and friends.
  • This show was a greately pleasure. I remember this show, when I was little. And I don't really forget it.

7.8
    As my summary says: This show was a greately pleasure. I remember this show, when I was little. And I don't really forget it. I never really forget this show. Since I was 5 years old, I'd watch every minute of this show. Expect, If I need to go to the washroom or change my diaper. It was really great, looking at all the characters. I still have one VHS of it. Since 8 years old, I haven't beeen looking at it. Well that's all. This show was a greately pleasure. I remember this show, when I was little. And I don't really forget it.
  • Sesame Street is one of the best and longest-running kid's tv shows of all time.

Sesame Street is one of the best and longest-running kid's tv shows of all time. The Sesame Street characters have become embedded in pop culture and mass consciousness. Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, and the omnipresent Elmo are just some of the characters roaming the neighborhood in Sesame Street.

My favorite characters are probably Cookie Monster, SuperGrover (Grover's superpowered alter ego), and The Count. Kermit the Frog, in my mind, doesn't count since he was the star of his own show The Muppet Show, but he's made many appearances on Sesame Street over the years.

Is Sesame Street educational? I guess. It's fun, inviting, and non-threatening. And it has many fun kid songs, so that's enough for me.
  • I would recommend this show

This show is a classic, and unlike other educational shows, there's no corny songs, breaking the fourth wall too much, dancing, or teaching foreign languages. Just like leviwellsy said, this show is pretty much safe.

I'm actually glad this is the longest-running children's television series. It has 44 seasons and 4,352 episodes. It deserves more than that.
  • Sesame Street really means "The World"

A classic show that everyone will remember! I've learned so many things and hopefully I will teach things that I've learned from Sesame Street to them. Really educational and entertaining!
  • I learned sign language from watching Sesame Street.

Thanks to Linda Bove I have learned lots of sign language from her I have a cousin who is deaf and I have talked sign language to him. I also have a friend that is deaf and her and I talk sign language lots. I have learned how to do The Lord's Prayer and the Amercian Anthem and God Bless America. I now know over 5000 words.I can even do Oh Canada in sign language and Silnet Night too. Everyday after school I would watch Sesame Street. Linda and Bob. I even learned some Spanish too from Maria and Luis.
  • this show is the best it gets better evey season. from the stuffed toys to the real-human chracters. this show even taught me a little to count and read. this shopw need to go on for generations.I LOVE IT!!!-DOWN TO EVERY LAST CHRACTER

sdr rdtfgfyhgjhgjhk njyui huy uuyu nh hgh g nghh gh nyuyhbfnmd d,glg lf,g l fd,g l,vg fl ,b lf vbf vfdoof dmgiof mh ohogp hlhk nghjy ,k b b bbbbb bbordyoprtjo bpg mgph vgf dpmg bog bogh gogt g og vf v;fdg gtohmgogmhouy t95 gig mg nmjhl;m tpg , d-g m ngph t[ph,h g;pgh gpfg gf[f fdg[phh gph h[ b[gfgh,gghofjcsod vof fiodd
  • Complete Education and Entertaining.

This show has taught me a lot growing up and now it is teaching my son a lot. As the years go by and more things are happening in the world SS takes things from that so that the kids can understand it better which is really good. My son has learned how to do sign language from watching this show. And he loves Elmo.
  • One of the best, if not the best, children\'s program. I like many grew up watching Sesame Street and I\'m thrilled to see the newest generations are still watching. I am curious about

One of the best, if not the best, children\'s program. I like many grew up watching Sesame Street and I\'m thrilled to see the newest generations are still watching. I am curious about one: why isn\'t Caroll Spinney mentioned in the cast and crew? He has been Big Bird for over thirty years (from the very beginning actually). You\'d like a Living Legend would be recognize for his contribution in the cast list.
  • No 1 and always will be.

As far as kids shows go Sesame Street is the king. Nothing will ever come close to what this show has done for generations over the past 30 odd years (and still counting)

Speaking of Counting! Who loved the Count?! I never understood what was so funny about counting, but he certainly made it exciting.

Then theres the lovable little red monster Elmo, who is absolutely huge now with many toys out.

Big Bird, Snuffy, Grover, Oscar, The list goes on! so many great characters who taught us so many things. (Proof that there is something educational about TV)

Bert and Ernie are brilliant. Much like many comedy duos one would often bounce jokes off the other.

In Summary there is no amount of superlatives that can descirbe Sesame Street! Its a rare TV show in that it will never grow old (only the people who watch it will) generations will come and go, but Sesame Street will hopefully stick around and teach more kids how to count, spell and do all sorts of other things.
  • This show taught me all sorts of things befor kindegarten. I am so grateful of that. I hope the show continues show I can show this to my kids. It was a diversed world with many different colored puppets and people.

Seseame Street will go down in history if it already hasn't. The show statred in 1969 and is still going. That's almost 40 years ago.So imagine how many viewers it reached out to. One of the things I like is that it has a number and letter of the day. That really helped a lot. When you think about it, the show was kind of like a child variety show. It had the street itself, a little educational skit here and there, and a cartoon skit. I looooove Sesame Street!
  • tell me how to get to sesame street. okay first turn on the tv and change the channel and here we are. we have elmo now but bert and ernie were from the beginning. and big bird and oscar. we always wanted to see snuffy but it took forever to.

i grew up with this show and loved cookie monster. c is for cookie and that is good enough for me. oscar the grouch is the best and if you like to count then the count is good also. a staple in most america's homes. a classic and still good.
  • It rocks

I love Sesame Street. I\'m 17 years old and I have been watching it since I was born. It is very cute and funny, even now. It taught me a lot as a little kid and I hope it stays around for when I have kids. I love Snuffy, although he is never on the show anymore, but the other characters are just as great. Just take sometime and watch this show, I remember my mom watching it with me and my sister. If she could enjoy it, Im sure anyone else can too.
  • Full hour long... whoa.

I always loved Sesame Street back in the 90's. It was the first show ever to teach me letters and numbers, and there were muppets all around. I remember one time when Elmo wrote a story about a prince and a pig, and he wrote his name like, a million times. Isn't that crazy? There was a funny part when the pigs made mud, and another time when the pig was almost uninvited to the prince camp. Elmo even drew a picture of them singing Spanish songs. Even back then, two letters were used throughout, instead of one. Although I have no idea why they would get rid of the "Children's Television Workshop" title. That's the only bad thing about it.
  • This is a real kids show. No constant fourth wall breaking or stupid songs or dancing.

I don't care what anyone says Sesame Street is a classic that both kids and adults can enjoy. No wonder its been around for along time. Thank god it's still on! Most baby shows today are annoying and break the 4th wall too much, but this is the only surviving one that doesn't do so. With all words go check out Sesame Street, it's more education than that rubbish known as Barney.
  • One of the few children's telivision shows that actually has an educational purpose.I don't watch it anymore,but it's certainly better than what stick corprate executives are giving us on tv......

I must say,nowadays,parents are in need of an educational show to educate their kids when they don't have enough tme to do it themselves.This,TTTE ,and some others I can't think of,stand out from a lot of other preschool shows

Dora the Explorer:Just a show about a dumb little retard who runs out into,whatever unsupervised. Barney:Gay!

Telletubies:What's educational about made up creatures in a made up world who can't speak proper english and can only focus heavilly on bright colors?

Doodlebops:Just singing and gayness(I'm not sure if that's even a real word)

Bob the Builder:Just a show about morons who love working

9.5/10 above all.
  • Great show for kids.

I grew up watching this show and I always remember this show when I think about my childhood,there I am sitting in front of the tv about 5 years old in my old house,not caring about anything in the world but fun,I would just sit there watching,laughing,and smiling in amusement.I of course don't watch it anymore I haven't seen it since I was about six years old I am 16 now.I just wanted to tell everybody that this is a great show for kids and can be a positive influence on them,I wish I could say the same for me,but these eye's aren't as innocent as they use to be.
  • This show taught most of us...It is truly an american classic.

America would not be the same without this show. It is one of the hallmarks of childhood, and i would be suprised if there is a single person under the age of 40 who hasnt been taught something by this show. Sadly, with the passing of Jim Henson the show has lost a small amount of its luster, but, it still retains the same lofty goals and still delivers smiles and sneaks in an education that most of us would be far worse off without. All of us owe something to this classic, heck, most of america can at least count to ten in spanish just because of this show...let alone we have many people whose sole educational experience was catching this show during their formative years.
< 1 2 3 4