Sesame Street

Weekdays 7:00 AM on PBS Premiered Nov 10, 1969 In Season

Sherasbear

Sesame Street Fan Reviews (103)

• One of the ONLY good show for younger audiences out there!

Seriously, this isn't one of THOSE shows, with the annoying songs, repetition, and pretty much breaks the fourth wall. This show is actually SAFE for your kids to watch. I grew up with this show and I still watch it in some occasions.
  • Puppets!

Various ep (09)
  • This is a real kids show. No constant fourth wall breaking or stupid songs or dancing.

I don't care what anyone says Sesame Street is a classic that both kids and adults can enjoy. No wonder its been around for along time. Thank god it's still on! Most baby shows today are annoying and break the 4th wall too much, but this is the only surviving one that doesn't do so. With all words go check out Sesame Street, it's more education than that rubbish known as Barney.
  • Sesame Street really means "The World"

A classic show that everyone will remember! I've learned so many things and hopefully I will teach things that I've learned from Sesame Street to them. Really educational and entertaining!
  • Best show on TV

This is the best show for kids on TV among all channels. Educational, related to real life, teaches good manners and friendship, shows how to be honest, sincere and open without being embarrassed, how to ask adults (why it is good!) if you are a kid. I love this show. It is absolutely the best.
  • A Real Classic for Children

Who knew the Big Bird would be such a big hit?! Or the diva Ms. Piggy?! Well, they were amazing characters to me as a kid and even now... let the Sesame Street teach your kids a thing or to on how to be funny, and have fun with all types of "animals". Yup, they don't make shows like this anymore... and I wish they really did.
  • A amazing show for both children and adults can enjoy.

This show is an example of how shows for toddlers should be. I think that this show is so much better than Dora the Explorer, for one thing this show actually teaches kids stuff and the songs are clever and catchy. It's good to see that the Dora virus has not touched this show because many shows for toddlers have been infected. But this show has a lot of memorable moments too. Personal I will never for get Put Down the Duckie. Anyways this show is very good for toddlers. So turn off that Dora and turn on Sesame Street for your toddlers!!!
  • Longest running children's television program for a good reason.

Sesame Street, is, in a word, sensational. The show itself has been educating two generations since 1969, and has inspired multiple movies, spin-offs and parodies. As a child, I watched Sesame Street and I never lost my attention span. I was attracted to the show for it's humor, intersting situations, and the fun characters that make up Sesame Street.

The characters have switched and changed throughout the thirty-seven seasons of Sesame Street. Some departed, such as muppet Roosevelt Franklin, and some have newly arrived, like fairy Abby Cadabby. The muppets are iconic, and have appeared in numerous medias. The most iconic, it seems, is Elmo, the furry red monster who talks in third person. I am a bit irked that the show has devoted the last quarter to present the world of Elmo speaking of himself as "Elmo," possibly being a negative influence on a child viewer's grammar. However, the character of Elmo has brought so much popularity that it seems as if Sesame Street thanked him by giving him alone time at the end. Fortunately, the rest of the characters talk properly and the young viewers should turn out fine.

Another thing I praise Sesame Street for is it's parodies of popular culture, as well as it's special guest appearances. I recall not understanding a thing when a Law and Order skit appeared on Sesame Street, but my parents were watching with a grin swept across their face. I appreciate the show for bringing references to keep older viewers interested, as well as celebrity guests that only older viewers should be aware of.

Most of all, I beleive Sesame Street succeeds in teaching young children not to discriminate against other races. While the human members of Sesame Street are racially diverse, all of the muppets and monsters are of different colors too. The differences pave the way for discussions with parents later about people being different, and I praise Sesame Street for bringing up such a conversation without making it a huge topic of an episode.

All in all, Sesame Street is a children's television show that changed children's television as we know it. Hopefully, and most likely, Sesame Street wil make many more seasons that will reach get another generation.
  • This was once a great educational show. Now,it has lost it's goodness

When you were a child,you had to admit you watched Sesame Street. This is basically THE educational show. SS teaches kids good moral values like manners,sharing,numbers,letters and vocabulary words. And all of the characters were quite enjoyable like Oscar,Big Bird,Cookie Monster,and you guessed it,Elmo. However,I hate what has happened to it nowadays. First off,all of the good sketches are gone. I mean,the Cookie Monster sketches,Count Von Count's sketch and Where's Ernie? are all gone. In fact,almost all of the sketches are just horrible. Abby's Flying Fairy School is just a disgrace to Sesame Street,and the show is done in CGI. Are you kidding me? What was wrong with the old Puppet formation? Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures is pretty good,but Bert is not such a jerk anymore,and it's done in clay-mation. Like I said,puppet mation is better. Murray Had A Little Lamb is stupid,but at least it's done in puppet mation. Elmo's World is the best sketch around still. Nothing has changed,and it's still the same as last time. Then,there are the two new Muppets:Abby and Murray. Abby is the true killer of the show. She is the female version of Poof. Like I said,Abby Flying Fairy School is horrible,and she isn't even a true Muppet. Murrary is OK,but at the beginning of the show,he is the one responsible for telling the number and letter of the day. Hey Murrary,that's not your job,that's Count Von Count and Cookie Monster's. Also,he always tells what sketch is coming up next now. When was this needed? We knew what sketch was coming up,so why was this thought of. And why is Zoey wearing a Ballerena costume now a days? Were the creators bothered that she wore no clothes? The human characters are OK,and at least two characters from the past are still in here. Chris is the only good modern human character of the show. The only reason to watch this show are the spoofs. I mean,this show does a good job of spoofing shows and movies. Some of them include Dancing With the Stars,True Blood,Deal or No Deal and many more. This show also has lots of guest stars like Ricky Gervais,Ryan Reynolds,Jim Parsons and many more. However,Seasme Street was once a good show,now it's like Saturday Night Live. Please,just watch the original episodes.

• Good and memorable show, but the new format sucks

I grew up with this show. There was a perfect amount of focus on each character. Now the producers are focusing way too much on Elmo and so the perfect balance is gone. Also, they have decided to switch to a "block" format which gives significantly less airtime to the adult characters. Instead of them telling the letter and number of the day, there is a new "host" named Murray who does everything. He also says what comes up next. But the problem is that this makes Sesame Street feel, at times, like a shadow of its former self. Bottom line: Sesame Street needs to ditch this gimmicky block format.
  • This show was a greately pleasure. I remember this show, when I was little. And I don't really forget it.

7.8
    As my summary says: This show was a greately pleasure. I remember this show, when I was little. And I don't really forget it. I never really forget this show. Since I was 5 years old, I'd watch every minute of this show. Expect, If I need to go to the washroom or change my diaper. It was really great, looking at all the characters. I still have one VHS of it. Since 8 years old, I haven't beeen looking at it. Well that's all. This show was a greately pleasure. I remember this show, when I was little. And I don't really forget it.
  • I grew up watching this show and learned so much from it. I love it!!!

Sesame Street is one of the best little kid shows ever. I grew up watching it, and ever now, years later, it's still on the air and has retained it's great quality. The ways they teach kids are so creative, fun, and effective. The show also has some of the most famous and loveable characters; Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert and Ernie. They made the show a classic. Even to this day, if I'm bored and there's nothing else on TV, I'll turn on Sesame Street and watch the whole episode. :P It's that good. Lol. I've always loved Sesame Street, and probably always will.
  • One of the best shows for little kids that's ever been created.

When I was little, this was one of the very first tv shows I ever saw and I've always loved it. It's enjoyable for pretty much any kid and as a teenager, I still love watching it because it feels like a re-living some of my childhood memories. After seeing it again, it seems more hilarious then I remembered it. As a kid, Elmo was always one of my favorite charactors since he's like the funnest ones for kids and Cookie Monster is also an enjoyable charactor since it's always funny how he's absessed with cookies and eating everything. I think the funniest charactors are Earnie and Bert since it's always hilarious how Earnie ends up annoying Bert whenever he's trying to sleep, read or anything. 'Sesame Street' has alot of fun music videos to watch like 'C is For Cookie', 'Monster in the Mirror' and such. Some of the songs are beautiful, some of them are catchy and some of them are comical. I love how they do different parody songs like for example how they parody Maddona's 'Material Girl' as 'Cereal Girl'. Despite the fact that this is a show meant to be for little kids, I still think it's alot of fun for the whole family to enjoy.
  • Sesame Street is one of the best and longest-running kid's tv shows of all time.

Sesame Street is one of the best and longest-running kid's tv shows of all time. The Sesame Street characters have become embedded in pop culture and mass consciousness. Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, and the omnipresent Elmo are just some of the characters roaming the neighborhood in Sesame Street.

My favorite characters are probably Cookie Monster, SuperGrover (Grover's superpowered alter ego), and The Count. Kermit the Frog, in my mind, doesn't count since he was the star of his own show The Muppet Show, but he's made many appearances on Sesame Street over the years.

Is Sesame Street educational? I guess. It's fun, inviting, and non-threatening. And it has many fun kid songs, so that's enough for me.
  • One of the best shows on PBS kids.

Okay,so I think this show is fine.With all those puppets that look real,this could be a pretty good show.Especially Elmo.The puppet thing is way better than Oobi.The reason that it's better than Oobi is because the puppets are really hands having hats,wigs and eyes glued to their hands.This show is just like The Muppet Show and movies.I mean,puppets and humans at a town?It's just like Sesame Street.I kinda like this show.It makes fun of a bunch of t.v shows like Dancing With The Stars.They call it on this show "Dancing With Triangles".This show is a very good puppet t.v. show.
  • I learned sign language from watching Sesame Street.

Thanks to Linda Bove I have learned lots of sign language from her I have a cousin who is deaf and I have talked sign language to him. I also have a friend that is deaf and her and I talk sign language lots. I have learned how to do The Lord's Prayer and the Amercian Anthem and God Bless America. I now know over 5000 words.I can even do Oh Canada in sign language and Silnet Night too. Everyday after school I would watch Sesame Street. Linda and Bob. I even learned some Spanish too from Maria and Luis.
  • Seriously, this kind of stuff can kill you. If you need to learn something, use the computer. If you want to learn about numbers, go to the casino. The list goes on and on.

0.1
    I'm one of those anti PBS guys because people are right about how bad PBS. Right now, I'm talking about something that is supposably trying to help educate little kids. They did it the wrong way. How do furry little... things help you learn stuff? Will some thing in a big-ass bird constume help kids? All it does is influence some serious eating because that big yellow bird guy is a big-ass thing. Why? All little kids want to be just like him. Then whats that little red guy called again? Elmo? Yeah, I think that is him (or her). He is not funny, but pathetic. He is not enjoyable, but boring. He is not dead... yet. He's just less alive than living things. And who the hell names his goldfish "Doggie"? All the other puppet looking things are demonstrating the meaning of "stupidity". If you want your kids to learn, have them play Star Wars: KOTOR to teach them how to read. If you want to teach them numbers, then teach them in any way that doesn't sound like a waste of time. If you want to help your kid know about all the crap in life, you tell them what you know and help them understand. Just keep them away from this show before they attempt to jump out the window attempting to fly. About 1 in 4 kids die in the USA from Sesame Street. Too bad I was delerious in the middle of the night when I finally heard those words. Turns out people were like me: trying to make a better world. If you don't know what the hell i just said, it means it's not true, but can happen very soon.
  • A bad show

I honestly dont like this show. I think its weird and freaky. Whoever made this up must of been on acid or some form of drug. I think this show is horrible. I like the giant bird thingy, but other then that the shows horrible and weird. Oh ya and didnt the voice of that yellow thing Bert go to Jail?
  • How many fourteen year olds still watch this show?

I'm gonna be up front about this show:At fourteen years old I still watch it.There's something very charming about a street filled with some of the friendliest people,monsters and animals you'll ever see.The cast is still wonderful,the puppets are endearing(Elmo and Big bird fan) and the guest stars are wonderful.The resent(maybe a month ago) segment with Feist was well writen.Even if you're an adult you can enjoy this.There's something for everyone in this little kids show.I give it a 10/10 because even teenagers(And older)can enjoy this.So now....Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?Kyoto Angel signing out.Bye bye now.
  • Oh my god! As the first show I ever saw, i had LOADS of nostalgic moments!

When I was young, this was the first show I'd seen, and it was like a school of fun! It was a cute show about imaginitive and frankly, cute puppets all living in 123 Sesame Street.... uh, state? But, anyways, they made learning fun and, after going back to the roots, I think it's time if I talked about it.

A one-houre series going for longer than the Simpsons, Sesame Street had the cute and imaginable characters we know and love. The storyline is short, but it makes up with cathcy lessions, music, and characters you would reach out and hug.

Overall, if you had watch the show, chances are, you'll still remembered it as the first show you ever saw.
  • This show learns kids of everything (as I can remember)...

This is show of my childhood!! I don't remember it very much now, because it's not longer show in polish TV, but it's BRILLIANT!! Me and my siblings just couldn't live without it... My favorite character is Big Bird (I don't know is it good, in Polish we call him ŻÓŁTODZIÓB xD). For little kids this show is just really cool, because big toys are talking about brand new things, so how they CAN'T learn it?? I think any one, who came up with idea of this show was really clever. I will adore this person to my death... I think I could watch it now, with no problems!
  • Sesame street is a learning show for younger kids.

This review was written by an autistic Boy who has severe communications difficulties. As such we are removing the review but leaving his rating as is. We will be moderating all his posts from this point forward as an effort to avoid any confusion and hurt feelings. This blanking of what he has written will happen to all the "Reviews" he has made at this time, and should any be made in the future they will be done on a case by case basis. Please do not take offence at our sons words or reviews as he is struggling to communicate with a world that he has trouble reasoning with.
  • Look into the exciting world of Sesame Street. Meet Elmo, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert and more. Sesame Street is a great, educational show for kids.

Meet Elmo, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert, Grover, Big Bird, Zoe, Telly, Count von Count, Oscar the Grouch and more. Sesame Street is one of the best shows out there for kids, they are able to interact with the show, it is very educational but fun. The person behind the idea of Sesame Street is a genius. The characters and the plot are great. When I was younger I would always tune into it with my Elmo doll in my hand. Overall Sesame Street is a sensational show, that, hopefully will go on and on. Two thumbs up from me. Enjoy it!
  • Learning English is always fun if you're surrounded with colorful monster :)

First of all, I came from a non English speaking country.
    So, this show is the few thing that make my English learning really fun. With the sing a long, spelling, et cetera I just can wait for the next letter or number to be introduce.
    My personal favorite will be Bert and Ernie, because despite all their differences, they truly are the best of friend.
    And then there is Kermit and Ms Piggy, the true love of all time. As I grown up, I still love this show, I watched it with my nieces and nephew now. Learning is always fun with Big Bird, Elmo and friends.
  • No summary. Please read the review.

I loved this show ever since I was a kid! Big Bird, The Cookie Monster, and Oscar. The rest of the gang too, are all very special. They are only puppets and people in costumes but they delight you in so many ways. This show is a trendsetter to those other bad shows. I like this show becuase they make you laugh. I know the show is for kids but I am an adult and I still like it! A better show than SpongeBob, I can't beleive I said that but I know its true. This is just a great show!
  • Any user that comes across this should report this to a moderator or administrator so that this can be deleted.

There has been no entry made in this space. Any user that comes across this should report this to a moderator or administrator so that this can be deleted. Again, no entry has been made in this space. Please report this to a moderator, administrator, or other staff member so that this can be dealt with accordingly. Any and all help is appreciated helping to maintain this site and keep it free of such errors and mistakes. This user would like this message removed because no entry has been made here; it is simply taking up unnecessary space on the site.
  • Full hour long... whoa.

I always loved Sesame Street back in the 90's. It was the first show ever to teach me letters and numbers, and there were muppets all around. I remember one time when Elmo wrote a story about a prince and a pig, and he wrote his name like, a million times. Isn't that crazy? There was a funny part when the pigs made mud, and another time when the pig was almost uninvited to the prince camp. Elmo even drew a picture of them singing Spanish songs. Even back then, two letters were used throughout, instead of one. Although I have no idea why they would get rid of the "Children's Television Workshop" title. That's the only bad thing about it.
  • this show is the best it gets better evey season. from the stuffed toys to the real-human chracters. this show even taught me a little to count and read. this shopw need to go on for generations.I LOVE IT!!!-DOWN TO EVERY LAST CHRACTER

sdr rdtfgfyhgjhgjhk njyui huy uuyu nh hgh g nghh gh nyuyhbfnmd d,glg lf,g l fd,g l,vg fl ,b lf vbf vfdoof dmgiof mh ohogp hlhk nghjy ,k b b bbbbb bbordyoprtjo bpg mgph vgf dpmg bog bogh gogt g og vf v;fdg gtohmgogmhouy t95 gig mg nmjhl;m tpg , d-g m ngph t[ph,h g;pgh gpfg gf[f fdg[phh gph h[ b[gfgh,gghofjcsod vof fiodd
  • Complete Education and Entertaining.

This show has taught me a lot growing up and now it is teaching my son a lot. As the years go by and more things are happening in the world SS takes things from that so that the kids can understand it better which is really good. My son has learned how to do sign language from watching this show. And he loves Elmo.
  • I would have given a 10 but nowadays there's too much Elmo and not enough Grover.

When I was in high school I had a class on research writing and was wracking my brain for a topic when out of the quickly flashing images looping through my subconscious I caught sight of Cookie Monster and said "Sesame Street! I'll research Sesame Street!" and had soon come up with the thesis question "What effect, if any, did Sesame Street have on Early Childhood Education?" Was I in for an eyeopener! First, my question was answered even more resoundingly than I had ever expected. I found articles from the early seventies about schools having to completely rewrite their curriculums after their incoming students started watching the show! Schools started teaching more skills at younger ages-- and kindergartens started becoming mandatory-- because the kids were coming in KNOWING more already!

Second, every time I mentioned my topic to someone, an amazing expression suddenly came over their faces, and suddenly I was hearing story upon story about how so-and-so learned their alphabet from sesame street and somebody else loved this character and then the recitations of favorite segments and songs would start.... When I did my oral presentation, my classmates had to respond to it-- what I did well and what I could improve-- on notecards, and when I got the notecards back almost everyone STARTED talking about my speech but ended up telling me all about their favorite characters or songs or episodes for the rest of it!

Third, I found a new love. I'd never given Sesame Street much thought when I came up with the topic, but I quickly became impressed and obsessed. I still sometimes watch the show on my own if I happen to stumble on it. Now I have a baby of my own, and I can't wait until he's old enough that we can watch it together. My only gripe is that nowadays "Elmo's World" takes up half the show. Elmo's an okay character in small quantities, but pretty boring in large quantities. We need more Grover-- Grover is well-rounded and unique and, well, loveable. Grover ought to have his own half-hour show instead!