Set for Life Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

So rigged....

sarm2006

[1]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 2

Just watchedthe first episodeand i must say this show is rigged (or at least appears to be). I mean the player (don't remember his name) picks twice and both are red lights. Then his nephew Coreypicks like6 white lights in a row and says stop just when he woulda have picked the red light the next turn. There just seem to be many coincidences for this not to be rigged. IMO it seems like that Corey was told which ones werewhite lights.

Edited on 07/20/2007 5:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 17
    Strange comments for very first post. I don't think it's rigged because it's hard to keep a secret like that and the producers would get into a lot of trouble if they did it and were caught.

I tuned it to see what it was like, but I generally don't expect to watch any game shows regularly. I didn't particularly like this show.

Did they give an explanation of how the monthly figure is chosen. I assume it's a random amount, but did they say anything about the range of possible amounts?

I have set this post on #2.

Soljarag

[3]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 1

I thought it was pretty good, I agree, they need to show how they set the monthly amount. They briefly said they set the amount in the qualifying round

I liked Kimmel's comments

Edited on 07/20/2007 6:58pm

donof

[4]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 4
    I never know what to believe anymore after finding out a lot of reality and game show secrets. It did seem kind of odd, but not that unlikely. That being said, I didn't like the show at all. It's very similar to DOND but instead of trying to open cases with low amounts, you are trying to pick white lights instead of red. Kimmell was pretty good but it's still not worth watching. Imagine if the lights were black instead of red? Everyone in the audience screaming white! white! white!, Al Sharpton would have this show off the air in a few weeks. Hopefully the Indians won't complain. This show won't last long.

topoopon

[5]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 19
    I watched the first segment before the commercials and decided the show was stupid. At least Deal or No Deal had models. And I'm not a fan of that either.

TelFan7

[6]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 6

topoopon wrote:
    I watched the first segment before the commercials and decided the show was stupid. At least Deal or No Deal had models. And I'm not a fan of that either.

...well I am a HUGE fan of DOND, but this show just plain SUCKS!!! It has none of the fun, excitement, or as muchintense tension (with it's white vs. red lights)that DOND has (with it's low or high amounts in suitcase) to make it GREAT like DOND!!

I predict this show won't last even for a half-season.