Sex and the City Forums

HBO (ended 2004)

Big or Aiden or Alex?

imadoobee

[201]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 11

I guess we've gotta say Big buy I'm not complaining about watching Aiden because he's super easy on the eyes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Deidra7

[202]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    Aiden was my favorite, but Im happy she ended up with Big. I didn't like Alex or Burger :-S

tv_lover066

[203]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    Burger, yum ... me hungry now... but i liked Alexandr Petrovsky, i just love sayin his name in a russian accent

marti24

[204]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 2
    For Carrie - Big; for me - Aiden

leiapr

[205]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 12
    I like Aiden, he was most like real & funny...singing in the shower"Is not unusual to be loved by anyone" lol. But Mr Big is the love of her life. I mean, every girl have a Mr Big, dont u all think?

hawksie

[206]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 9
    Aiden was too controlling over Carrie. Big was a recurring character, so we were given the chance to grow on him so obviously most of us like him most. Aleksandr was definitely an odd pairing for Carrie.. not believable in the least...

Jenn__08

[207]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 1

Below is my Alevel Media, Critical Research exam question. I've created a quick questionaire to help me answer the question and would be grateful if you shared your thoughts on the question as well as quickly filling in the questionaire. Thanks

To what extent is the representation of the contemporary female experiance accurate in Sex and the City?

Are you male or female?

Do you live in an urban area?

Would you regard SATC as a feminist/anti-feminist programme?

Is the balance of different types of women accurately portrayed within the main characters?

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being completely) how well can you relate to the lives of the characters?

In SATC do you beleive they deal with 'real' problems that woman encounter everyday?

TonyZiva84

[208]May 21, 2009
    • level: 7
    Big and Carrie are perfect for each other.

sstardomm

[209]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 4
    i love big and aiden, if i were Carrie i could'nt decide. but i dont like alex at all!

mobbs456

[210]Aug 6, 2009
    • level: 16

When I first saw Mr Big I didn't really like him. However, once Carrie was over him and he moved away, he become likeable (ironically enough). The phone conversations he had with her were hilarious. But I hated what he did to her in the movie (at least they made up in the end).

Burger was a bit of a weirdo he was always freaking out all the time. I don't even know who Alex is (I haven't reached the final episodes yet)

Aiden however is a different topic. When we first met him he wasn't bad but then he walked through a 'Make-me-beautiful-machine' and suddenly the new and improved Aiden made things better. When they broke up, it was heartbreaking. But at least Carrie mended the rift when she bumped into him (and baby) again.

So I will say Big. Because he is funny.

walnutgrove

[211]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    Big is a big tool, Alex P. was shark-jump time for "SATC" and Aiden was the real deal. I just could never see why a sane woman would let a hunk of burning love like that go. You forgot the other toolbag whiny biotch...can't think of his name, but he was jealous of Carrie's book deal (was a writer, too). Ugh, I couldn't stand that douche.

sasou82

[212]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    Mr. Big all the freakin' way! Despite all their ups and downs Carrie and Big belong together. Alex was a disgusting old guy and Aiden was cute for about a minute before he got annoying. Yes there was drama with Big, but anything worth having is worth working and fighting for.

heytiger93

[213]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 9
    sasou82 wrote:
    Mr. Big all the freakin' way! Despite all their ups and downs Carrie and Big belong together. Alex was a disgusting old guy and Aiden was cute for about a minute before he got annoying. Yes there was drama with Big, but anything worth having is worth working and fighting for.

agree with all of this definitely big

Nat6386

[214]Mar 6, 2011
    • level: 14
    idk, big is the one she was meant to be with, but I always loved aiden!! He had a soft spot with me!

1001consejos

[215]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 3

I am happy thatCarrieended up with the love of her life, and we all know that the one that she always wanted it to be with was Big, even when he was a jerk sometimes, he proved through the series that he loves her too.

The other guys were characters that maked the story more interesting and gave it unexpected angles.