Sex and the City

La Douleur Exquise!

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 22, 1999 on HBO

• This is a magnificent episode.

I really enjoyed this episode. It's mainly about Carrie and her relationship with Big, but it does have other storylines within it. Samantha is hosting an S & M themed party, Charlotte is struggling with accepting shoes from a seller with a fetish, and Miranda is having some playful fun outside with a new boyfriend. It actually doesn't feature Samantha much, with her only actually appearing in the first few minutes, but that's okay, I don't particularly like her character anyway. The gay guy is also in it, with a bigger storyline than Samantha, which annoyed me somewhat, since he's not a main character, but apart from that the episode was written very nicely and the tension between Big and Carrie is nicely dragged out. Not too fast, not too slow. I am continuing to love this show. Here in Australia they are repeating the series late at night, so I have to get up late to tape it, and watch it the next day. But it's worth it. I'm only up to this episode in the series, so I have like four seasons left to watch and I'm looking forward to it. I want to know Big's name! Anyway, this episode is possibly to best that I've watched so far, partly due to Sarah Jessica Parker great acting and the wonderful music at the end. Nice job Sex and the City.
One