Sex and the City

Where There's Smoke

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 04, 2000 on HBO

• Just OK

Actually a kinda disappointing season opener. Really only good because of the Miranda/Steve storyline. I think that they are my third favorite couple on this show because Steve calls Miranda on her crap so accurately. Loved Carrie's one shoulder purple dress and her cream boots. Also liked Charlotte's grey dress and her grey cap sleeve shirt. Poor Samantha. You never want to end up naked and alone in public. Plus whey would you put your feet in those big fireman boots anyway? Who knows what kinda nasty stinkiness is fermenting in there. Also I don't like Carrie's new love intrest Politican-guy. he is very pushy and I don not like that at all.
  • Exciting Long Island adventure!

This was an exciting episode of Sex and the City. I love the banter between the girls, and I love how Charlotte is so conservative. The episode begins with the four gilrs on a ferry to Staton Island so that Carrie can judge a hunk competition, being the celebrity that she is. There Carrie meets a polictician who pursues her throughout the episode. Miranda prepares for eye surgery, Charlotte dances the night away and Samantha chats up a hunky firemen. Samantha leaves and goes home with her new fantasy, and Carrie and Miranda help Charlotte home. As the four girls meet up the following morning they ponder about their own night in shining armour. As the episode continues, Samantha realises her firemen fantasy isn't all it was cracked up to be, and Charlotte finds out that her dream man is a dream nightmare. Miranda has her eye surgery and realises her knight is right where he always has been and Carrie breaks her fear after Big, once and for all.
    Wonderful writing, tight acting and quick changes of setting make this an enjoyable episode of a highly addictive series. The one fault is that whilst it is a season opening episode, it isn't any longer or have any special arcs to play out. Otherwise, a lovely, engaging and exciting episode of Sex and the City.