Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!

The CW (ended 2008)

Silver_Sword_14

Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! Fan Reviews (18)

6.9
  • Glad to see the show try to step out of the same old routine

The show is clearly a show that stands out of its crowd. I am pretty glad that the show has a new idea and has a completly diffrent story line. The show also runs at the right time in lenght and the animation is great.
  • A great sdow for those who haven't seen the old ScoobyDoo shows.

7.2
    Well lets face it, it;s definitly not the best show of the ScoobyDoo franchise. However I do find it funny and interesting. Sure if your a fan of the other ScoobyDoo shows, then your not going to like this one. But for kids who are young and haven't seen the other ScoobyDoo shows, this would be great for.my kids love watching this show and laugh there heads off. As for myself I love the old ScoobyDoo shows and this one is nothing compare to the others. Scooby shows are going to come and go, lets just hope they get back to the old formula sooner rather than later.
  • It has no other purpose than to firmly establish the bottom of the barrel for Scooby Doo cartoons.

Scooby Doo has had its ups and downs in years, and this show is really where the franchise hit rock bottom. At least The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo had some merit even with all of the problems that show had, but this has got to be the bottom of the barrel for this franchise, and is easily Scooby Doo at its worse. In Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue! it revolves around Shaggy and Scooby Doo, and learn that Shaggy's uncle Albert Shaggleford has been kidnapped. Shaggy then inherits his uncle's nanobased technology, and both he and Scooby use it to locate Shaggleford while dealing with the evil Dr. Phineas Phibes, and solving mysteries. Now I don't mind a plot in a Scooby Doo show, for others have done that as well. Look at The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, and Mystery Incorporated those plots were good, but this plot is so far out of left field it just leaves me baffled as to how this got a green light in the first place. The first big disappointment is how the voice work is so bad. I can usually get over an annoying voice if it's limited to 2 characters, but in this show everyone's voice sounds like by ears are being drilled, and having to hear Hannah Montana's songs in surround sound. Even Scooby and Shaggy's voices sounded bad especially Shaggy. Secondly the idea the nano tech is just baffling. The nanos are in Scooby Snacks and give Scooby super powers like super speed, invisibility, or turning into an octopus. Now I don't mind superpowers, but this is Scooby Doo, not a superhero show. Superpowers in a Scooby Doo show is just way too out there. It would be like if in a Batman cartoon Batman stops being dark and mysterious, and starts acting really friendly and open. It just doesn't work. Now for the characters, and are they bad. Shaggy and Scooby are acceptable, but they are not as charming as in the other shows. Robi is a robot butler who is supposed to be funny, but isn't at all. He's right there with Scrappy Doo as one of the worst side characters in the Scooby Doo franchise. Dr. Phineas Phibes is a complete idiot, and is not threatening in the least bit at all. I can't take a gut who is this over the top bad so serious when he's so dumb, and has the intelligence of a wooden board. Also the henchmen for Phibes are dreadful, and unfunny parodies and rip offs from Batman. Such bad ones are Cat Lady a lady obsessed with cats, obviously Catwoman. Menace is a super strong being after having experiments done on him, a parody of Bane. Just how desperate were they for villains anyway? Also Fred, Daphene, and Velma are barely in this show. They only make appearances every blue moon, and that's an insult. Going back to the Scooby and Scrappy show they started off with Shaggy, and Scooby but eventually had the rest of the gang in there because the creators knew they needed the whole gang. In this show though they are simply mocking the gang, and the others never help Scooby or Shaggy when they appear in an episode. What happened to the team work this franchise used? The artwork is just awful to look at. The characters have no interesting designs, everyone has black beady eyes, and the gang don't wear their normal clothes. The animation is just as bad, and is very stiff and choppy. The humor in this show is also just dreadful, and not funny at all. Never did I laugh at these jokes or gags this show did, and left me unimpressed. Every franchise has their black sheep, and this show is the black sheep of the Scooby Doo franchise. Die hard fans like me will have a very hard time enjoying this show much less watch it.
  • Damn near Offensive to the soul.

1.9
    Imagine the most wonderful toy in the world. You spend all day with it, and couldn't imagine any time where you were bored of it. Now imagine Warner Bros breaking into your house, disecting it, taking out all the good stuff, and filling it with things they 'think' would appeal to you. In the case of this terrible show, taking out the mysterys and brains, whilst replacing them with everything every other show has to offer, but with a more patronising stance aimed at 'Da Kids'. Could make you hate Scooby Doo forever. Or prefer Scrabby Doo's work.
  • forget this show go back makeing xiaolin showdown were tired of scobby doo stuff.

My god they still do scobby doo they should just stop making the stuff go back to xiaolin showdown it well always be better than scobby doo scobby doo is going down hill go back to xiaolin showdown i'ts better and it well always be stop it with the scobby doo stuff do xiaolin showdown.
  • So bad I couldn't watch!

1.1
    This is simply horrid. Not only does it look like it was drawn by a pre-schooler, but Shaggy's voice makes me want to jab sharp objects into my ear drums so I can't hear. I could not bear to watch the whole thing for fear I would become a drooling idiot. I hate American Dragon Jake Long (which I consider a rip-off of the far supperior Life and Times of Juniper Lee) and the kindergardenish Krypto, but at least I was willing to sit through them to give them a chance. I really can't do that with Shaggy and Scooby get a clue. The viewer needs to get a clue and stay far away from this show.
  • Still better than "The 13 Ghosts Of Scooby Doo"

Over the last 40 years, Scooby fans had to tolerate lots of...well, let's be nice and just call them "subpar incarnations". So maybe it's because I witnessed the "New Scooby Doo Movies", the TV movies from the 80's or "The 13 Ghosts Of Scooby Doo", that I don't hate "Get A Clue" as much as other people do.

I would even go so far and say that I like some things about it. While I'm not sure why they re-designed the characters, it fits the tone of the show and makes it easier to disassociate it from the other Scooby shows. (I also think that Velma looks pretty cute. ;) ) From time to time you find also some very beautiful backgrounds and the animation is pretty fluid. And every few episodes you find a clever visual idea! My favourite might be the one in the pilot episode, where Shaggy slowly becomes Velma, while he thinks of what she would do. I even gotta admit that I laughed about some of the jokes.
    But this is where the problems start: It just doesn't feel like Scooby Doo! It's not just the unusual art direction, it's the whole supervillain plot, the silly humor, the lack of the of the other Mystery Inc. members, the stupid scripts, the lame supporting characters, etc. I'm not even sure if the show would work with original characters, instead of Shaggy and Scooby. It would definitely be easier to accept, but there is not enough in it to make it stand out. It just is what it is: A forgettable cartoon show with some mild entertainment value, that absolutely doesn't work as Scooby Doo Spin-off.
  • Worst Scooby-Doo show ever!

I think this series is a serious offense to all Scooby-Doo and Mystery Inc. fans, and it's not because of the animation, which I think it's kind of cool. It's because of the story itself, and the fact that it looks like we are watching an Austin Powers movie, instead of a Scooby-Doo series. Plus, the fact of Shaggy and Scooby-Doo being the only members of the Mystery. Inc gang to appear in all episodes, is just lame! Everyone knows that without Fred, Velma and Daphne, that Great Dane and Shaggy are nothing. This could have been the greatest cartoon show of this decade, if they had come up with a decent plot and putting the rest of the gang in it too. Finally, let me just say that the Mystery Inc. is a detective team who's able to solve any mystery regarding ghouls, ghosts and monsters, and not a super hero team who's job is to save the world from a crazy maniac, who's dumber than his own shadow. I give this show two thumbs down!
  • Shaggy & Scooby-Doo NEED TO Get a Clue!

Everyone's favorite gutless sleuths, Shaggy and his Great Dane Scooby-Doo, are back on the trail solving mysteries with the help of new nano-technology infused Scooby Snacks. The new Scooby Snacks afford our canine hero special skills like the ability to fly. Shaggy and Scooby-Doo must keep the secret of the Scooby Snacks safe from those who want them for evil purposes. Fred, Velma, and Daphne are on the show, however, only in occasional "guest appearances," not in every episode.
  • Scooby Doo, where are you?

I can forgive a lot of things about this series. The dubious use of nanotechnology (I can only imagine the creators heard the word somewhere and thought it sounded cool, because the real science has NOTHING to do with its application on this show). I can forgive the fact that the whole series focuses on a single mystery -- the missing Uncle Albert -- instead of a different mystery each week. I can almost even forgive the poor animation quality, bizarre art style and (in some cases) funky voice acting. But despite all this, something about this series just seems off. The lack of ghost stories? The slapstick, which goes even further than any Scooby Doo series before? The annoying robot? (Robi is the new Scrappy Doo, guys.)

I don't know what it is, really, I'm just not digging it. While not the travesty that "Loonatics Unleashed" is, it doesn't really live up to the classic Scooby Doo either. If Kids WB is going to insist on doing time-honored characters, they should do them RIGHT.
  • Ok but still not the best.

6.2
    Scooby doo has had so many shows over the years it isn't funny. This one is a pretty good one and shouldn't be missed by Scooby fans.

It was fairly well written, the writers allowed each story just enough of different elements to make it all work and kept it in line with all of Scooby's other shows.

The voice actors were the same as most of the other shows, or for the most part sounded the same, and did just as good a job as they usually do.

Overall this Scooby show was ok and should be given a watch through by fans.
  • This is hilarious!!!!!!! Shaggy gets a call from his Uncle Albert saying he has inherited a billion dollars and a mansion.However, they soon find out that an evil scientist is out to take over the world.

Say what you will about the plot, but this show will make it for a few seasons while Monster Allergy will topple. Shaggy's new voice didn't take long to get used to (even though it is more high pitched than usual).Fred, Velma, and Daphne got new designs along with Shaggy and Scooby,even though Iabsolutely hate Velma's design.Robi the robotic butler is completely hilarious. Anyway, since I need 100 words on this.........it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it.
  • It's okay, but not the best show in the Scooby Doo series.

"Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue!" isn't really that bad as one might think, but this isn't the best either in the Scooby Doo series.

The show is a drastic, far-cry from the usual Scooby-Doo shows; instead of the entire gang, the show focus on the bumbling duo, Shaggy and his pal Scooby-Doo, who became millionaires when Shaggy's Uncle Albert left them millions. However, they learn another reason why they became millionaires: to protect a secret technology from an old rival, a mad scientist, who wants to use the secret for his own selfish scheme.

It's a shame that a belove series franchise has to have a show like this, but Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue! has its moments.
  • When they finally get a clue, we may be out of ideas.

Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! is amazing. The art and voices may be different, but mid-way through an episode, its easy to get used to them. The storyline is the best out of any Scooby series: Shaggys Uncle Albert dissapears, and Shaggy gets his mansion and millions. But Uncle Albert had a secret: nanotechnology. He has the formula somewhere in his house, but Dr. Phibes wants them. Hilarious slapstick ensues, as always. The stopry will be signifigantly increased as they find out more about Uncle Albert, and so will the humor. I believe this series will be a breath of fresh air to anyone wanting something new.
  • The 12th series title in the long history of, WB Animation's "Shaggy & Scooby Doo Get A Clue!" (CW, Saturdays at 9 AM Eastern) puts a different spin on the series from both a content and graphic standpoint.

5.4

The impoverished and eternally hungry duo of Norville "Shaggy" Rogers and Scooby Doo receive a phone call telling that Shaggy's uncle Albert has left him $1 million and a mansion. The thing is, uncle Albert, who was dabbling in nanotechnology, is still alive. He has left a note to Shaggy saying that he's in hiding because evil forces are out to steal a secret formula, and he entrusts Shaggy and Scooby's mystery-solving skills to protect the secret. It is being coveted by an evil scientist, Dr. Phineas Phibes (a discomforting hybrid of Dr. Evil from "Austin Powers" and Dr. Strangelove), whose henchman make the ones Dr. Claw used on "Inspector Gadget" look like charter members of Mensa.

Shaggy and Scooby are captured and they give Dr. Phibes the secret formula--for taco hot dogs. Before our heroes are jettisoned into the deep blue sea, Shaggy gives Scooby a Scooby Snack which was uncle Albert's prototype for the secret that works only on animals--Scooby eats it and it helps change him into whatever the situation calls for until he metabolizes it and he burps, after which he returns to normal.

Graphically, it's incredibly austere, even for the series' usual standards. The whites of Scooby's eyes are gone and he and the gang are redesigned angularly, as if producer Eric Radomski was going for an underground comic look. The concept of the show eschews the mystery and fake ghosts the franchise had been notorious for since 1969 for espionage with a comic slant. And as with the previous "What's New, Scooby Doo?", the comedy is quite forced: Two of Dr. Phibes' henchman are at the mansion's front door, and one says, "At the count of three, let's break it down!" At the count of three, the other henchman starts to bust a move like MC Hammer. With enemies like this, who needs friends?

There are two notable irritants: Shaggy's voice, by Scott Menville, overdoes the high pitched tones, lacking the gravelly nuances Casey Kasem brought since '69, and Mark Mothersbaugh's maddeningly monotonous theme song, accompanied by equally monotonous graphics.

Kids have always seen Scooby Doo as a craven mystery buster, his raison d'tere, and they've loved him because he's always been true to himself, a coward and readily admitting it. How they'll approach this series which doesn't sound or look like Scooby Doo remains for A.C. Nielsen to fathom (I don't count since I'm way beyond the show's target audience).
  • I actually like the content, but can\'t get past the bad designs and new voices.

3.9
    I Love Scooby Doo and have for a really long time. There really wasn\'t an incarnation of this show that I didn\'t like (of course, Scrappy was never my favorite). 13 Ghosts, A Pup Named S-D...I watched them all.
    I was so excited to see this show, and I actually thought the humor and the situations were a nice change of pace from other SD series and took the franchise to a good place. But, I really couldn\'t get past Shaggy and Scooby\'s new look and voices. They didn\'t need to take it that far. They don\'t really even look like they belong in their new show. The rest of the characters look like they could have fit in the last series, so why why WHY make Scooby and Shaggy so ugly and vacant looking? I don\'t even want to give this a chance to grow on me because these characters are SO wrong!!
  • This is a new recarnation of the scobby-doo franschise. it primeres on the CW, which is a new network.

This show brings some promise that this show will go more than one season because of their advertisments. We still get to see all of the regular characters, but we only see Shaggy and Scobby-doo all of the time. Fred, Velma, Daphne, and the oringal mystery machine are only seen as gests. The two things that they changed for the good were the scobby snacks with nano techology and the transforming mystery machine. This means that scobby-doo and the mystery machine can transform into anything. But scobby-doo still has to eat the scobbby snacks to be able to transform. The Mystery machine does not need to do anything before it can tramsform.
  • Will not be as good as Whats New Scooby but worth watching at least the series premiere!!

This show will not bw as good as others because the rest of the gang will not be in very episode but its stil worth watching for big scooby fans like myself.I will try and hopefully i will enjoy it...if i dont whatever.

It does kinda look like anime version of scooby.But i guess it will be something different.