Shalom in the Home

Sunday 8:00 PM on TLC Premiered Apr 09, 2006 In Season

Shalom in the Home Fan Reviews (4)

6.7
  • I don't really care for the show but here's why!!!

The first time I saw the Rabbi on TV, he was giving advice on Oprah's show to different families specifically about their children, and I loved him in that setting, therefore I was very excited to see his show, but we only had antenna @ the time so I had to wait in order to see him. I was really anticipated watching the show for the first time, and I was sure it was going to be good since I love him when he's on Oprah. After watching one episode, I decided to not watch the show again unfortunately. I still love the advice he gives, but the setting doesn't seem appropriate, first of all, for the type of person he is. Something is very off about the show. I still enjoy the advice he gives, and the majority of the time I'm in agreement with him although I'm not Jewish, but something needs to change. It might be better that he does something like a Dr. Phil's house thing or have his own talk show which I would probably watch rather than what they have now. The current show reminds me kinda of Trading Spouses/Wife Swap type of thing, and I just don't see the Rabbi in that type of setting. And then sometimes his attitude gets overly excited which is okay, I guess if that's just your personality, but I'm not that type of person, even when I'm at my happiest, so that kinda turns me off, but I think if they change a few things here and there, I would be willing to watch the show. I still enjoy seeing him on Oprah.